• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz launches faux filibuster as Senate readies spending bill vote

Try answering the question asked instead of substituting your own?

Every agency that didn't get an exemption was denied an exemption.

Sequestration was Obamas solution. A poor decision many would say.

Re the sequester, remember these actual bon mots from Obama and his team? They do this kind of thing as a matter of practice.

sequester - meeting.jpg

Cruz is like a combination of Akin and Mourdock and Broun.
Senate Repubs may actually lose even more seats in the Senate.
He was waiting for Hannity to start, which was his real audience. Hannity loves Cruz in an unhealthy way.

Every agency that didn't get an exemption was denied an exemption.

The question asked for an example of a department that was denied budget flexibility to shift funds, and I see this is not what you choose to address...

Yea let's fund Obamacare!

Oh wait it's an absolute disaster

Cruz represents Liberty. His opposition represents Tyranny.

I don't if Cruz represents Liberty, but Obamacare definitely represents tyranny.

the question asked for an example of a department that was denied budget flexibility to shift funds, and i see this is not what you choose to address...
dhhs.

Name calling is not a suitable substitute for lack of substance

Obamacrap is a fail bill. Anyone who supports it, especially with toddler name calling buffoonery, is a clown that nobody should take seriously.

The database this bill is going to create is not a joke. The assault on our liberties and rights to privacy/property are directly under assault. We know Obama cult clones don't care about any of that. The only thing that motivates them is this utopian delusion that Obama is still some kind of Hope and Change messiah when in reality he's a Chicago thug used car salesmen. He didn't hire 20K more IRS agents to give you A+ customer service. The only type of service the NSA and IRS give is gestapo service. Just ask your fellow Americans who were targeted, intimidated and harassed by direct order of Lois Lerner (who admitted she was purposely targeting the Tea Party on tape).

Obama is going to hire a massive gang of Lois Lerners to run Obamacare. The one thing I will take some consolation in is knowing that all of you Obama supporters are going to be negatively affected too. I would say the same for Obama's cronies but he gave them an exemption from his wonderful hopey changey touchy feely altruistic HC law! Go figure!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/sep/24/top-16-myths-about-health-care-law/

Ta ta for now.

Kasie Hunt, hot--intelligent--MSNBC on Rachel, makes a good point that Democrats were claiming some of cruise's time to respond to his conservatism.

Good evening, Bubba. :2wave:

As Alice in Wonderland exclaimed: "Things are getting curiouser and curiouser." Do you see a trend, Bubba? :lamo:

Hey Pol ... you are so right.

Kasie Hunt, hot--intelligent--MSNBC on Rachel, makes a good point that Democrats were claiming some of cruise's time to respond to his conservatism.

They're asking him questions and responding to his answers. I don't think that's unusual.

The more Cruz and Lee talk about Neville Chaimberlain being an appeaser, the better.
They're asking him questions and responding to his answers. I don't think that's unusual.

Politifact is a laughable left wing propaganda source. Even their "lie of the year" turned out to be true #smh

U.S. GAO - Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Status of CMS Efforts to Establish Federally Facilitated Health Insurance Exchanges

CMS is developing a data hub that will provide electronic, near real-time access to federal data, as well as provide access to state and third party data sources needed to verify consumer-eligibility information.

Think NSA Spying Is Bad? Here Comes The ObamaCare Database Hub - Investors.com

And what sort of data will be "routed through" the Hub? Social Security numbers, income, family size, citizenship and immigration status, incarceration status, and enrollment status in other health plans, according to the HHS.

"The federal government is planning to quietly enact what could be the largest consolidation of personal data in the history of the republic," noted Stephen Parente, a University of Minnesota finance professor.

None of you supporting this fail law have a clue what's in it. If Goebbels propaganda tells you it's utopia, if Obama gives a flowery speech, you run to these forums with the spoonfed talking points.

Ta ta for now:2wave:

Politifact is a laughable left wing propaganda source. Even their "lie of the year" turned out to be true #smh

Which Lie of the Year? They've had four.

Name calling is not a suitable substitute for lack of substance

Obamacrap is a fail bill. Anyone who supports it, especially with toddler name calling buffoonery, is a clown that nobody should take seriously.

The database this bill is going to create is not a joke. The assault on our liberties and rights to privacy/property are directly under assault. We know Obama cult clones don't care about any of that. The only thing that motivates them is this utopian delusion that Obama is still some kind of Hope and Change messiah when in reality he's a Chicago thug used car salesmen. He didn't hire 20K more IRS agents to give you A+ customer service. The only type of service the NSA and IRS give is gestapo service. Just ask your fellow Americans who were targeted, intimidated and harassed by direct order of Lois Lerner (who admitted she was purposely targeting the Tea Party on tape).

Obama is going to hire a massive gang of Lois Lerners to run Obamacare. The one thing I will take some consolation in is knowing that all of you Obama supporters are going to be negatively affected too. I would say the same for Obama's cronies but he gave them an exemption from his wonderful hopey changey touchy feely altruistic HC law! Go figure!

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone can be given an exemption from obeying a law of the land! I don't care what excuse is given, either! Either allow anyone who doesn't want to participate to opt out, or make it uniform for everyone...no exceptions! Fair is fair! :2mad:

Good evening, Bronson. :2wave:

You keep posting problems that the State of California has helped create. The sequester didn't create these problems. No sequester wouldn't solve these problems. California needs to change politics at the state level to get a grip on these problems instead of compounding them.

sequester makes the problem worse, and don't blame California for trying to pass the test of a civilized society.

Any guesses on how long Ted will last?

Which Lie of the Year? They've had four.

The Romney Jeep ad

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says Obama's Chrysler deal undermined U.S. workers

Except

Fiat sees at least 100,000 Jeeps made in China in 2014 | Reuters

PolitiFact Lie of the Year is true

Just one example of many. Even Huffpo reported a different Politifact "Lie of the Year" that turned out to be true.

Politifact Has Decided That A Totally True Thing Is The "Lie Of The Year," For Some Reason

Even Paul Krugman says Politfact are buffoons

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/20/politifact-r-i-p/?smid=tw-NytimesKrugman&seid=auto&_r=0

Their left wing bias and buffonery is well documented. Only people who want to be lied to still rely on Politi"fact" for actual facts

Ted Cruz is doing what he promised his constituents he would do and that is use everything within his power to try and stop Obamacare. Something the overwhelming majority want to see happen. And he is doing just that up until he will no longer be allowed to speak. We all should be so fortunate to have a Senator that actually will lay it on the line to make good on a promise. The GOP elites hate the Tea Party elected representatives and senators unless you are a sellout like Marco Rubio. It is because they have made it hard for them to compromise on what the party is suppose to stand for...things like less government. But many social conservatives and neo-cons are big government lovers and there isn't much difference between them and the left side of the aisle. They just think their way is better than the Democrats. And they are always trying to reform within the big government model instead of real reform that would put the country back on the road to prosperity even if the rest of the world was going to Hell in a hand basket. Many have been in Washington way too long and like Cruz stated tonight, they find it annoying when their constituents call in demanding something from them. These Republican elites are more concerned about what the media will say about them than doing the right thing. I for one am tired of these ******s and their constituents who seem to love their big government just as much as the left. They are hypocrites and those that support them are the biggest hypocrites of all.

I've been a Republican most of my adult life. But I can say without any hesitation, I'll never send them another dime. I will, however, send my money to any worthy candidate that will unseat some of the garbage in Washington within the Republican party. My list continues to grow starting with my own senator. Then to a worthy candidate to replace McConnell in Kentucky one of the biggest ******s of all. Another is Senator Graham I hope to support a worthy candidate to replace him. That's just a couple of examples. I look forward to the day when the Tea Party will be able to break away for the GOP. And I think the time is more close than anyone realizes. People are tired of sellouts and the compromises. And the rumors that John McCain will not rerun in 2016 is music to my ears. Hell I might even send him some U-Haul boxes early so he can start packing. I keep reminding myself during the Revolution only a third were Patriots, a third were pacifists and a third were British sympathizers. It only takes a third to make a lasting difference.

Last edited:
Even Paul Krugman says Politfact are buffoons

Their left wing bias and buffonery is well documented.

The "left-wing bias and buffoonery," in the Krugman citation, was regarding a supposed lie attributed to the Democrats. Left-wing bias, indeed. :roll:

Politifact isn't perfect; I never said it was. But are you going to bother to address the contents of the article I posted, or play petty little ad hom games?

Back
Top Bottom