• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz is asked why national debt is paramount to Republicans only when a Democrat is in the White House

So what is worse: the party who doesnt care at all about deficits or the party who only cares once in a while?

I'd return a better question, and ask you which is worse: being a hypocrite about governance or a hypocrite about economics?

The only reason I ask it that way is the argument in this thread comes down to Republicans qualifying for both all the time whereas Democrats tend to at least ask why we are running the level of deficits. All of this is especially true in Congress. Said another way Democrats will at least ask for purpose behind tax and spending policy were Republicans flat out lie (or are ignorant) about both.

The harsh truth is it is the rare exception that we do not run a deficit and the only time it occurred in the modern era was a Democratic President facing an all Republican Congress. But that took tax policy from the previous Democratic Congress that Republicans would never go for, and an economic boom that neither party can entirely control.

I'd return a better question, and ask you which is worse: being a hypocrite about governance or a hypocrite about economics?

The only reason I ask it that way is the argument in this thread comes down to Republicans qualifying for both all the time whereas Democrats tend to at least ask why we are running the level of deficits. All of this is especially true in Congress. Said another way Democrats will at least ask for purpose behind tax and spending policy were Republicans flat out lie (or are ignorant) about both.

The harsh truth is it is the rare exception that we do not run a deficit and the only time it occurred in the modern era was a Democratic President facing an all Republican Congress. But that took tax policy from the previous Democratic Congress that Republicans would never go for, and an economic boom that neither party can entirely control.
True but I do think you exaggerate one fact, and that is that democrat president had a republican congress. This is why divided government is the only time government spending actually decreases you can see this under Obama who lost his majority in only 2 years and bill Clinton, I will give you Carter however. If democrats or republican's control all three branches it doesn't matter which party is in charge deficits will grow.

look at what happens everytime Rs try to tackle the debt “these evil monsters want grandma to DIE“ “cutting spending is racist” “warren Buffet says we never need to pay the debt, Republicans just hate poor womxn of color”

Blah blah blah

personally I no longer care, drive the country into the ground and the liberal cities will burn when welfare checks bounce so I say just bring it. I live too far from city limits to care.
Yet when you had the House, the Senate and the Presidency, you cut taxes, increasing the debt. And you say the reason for this is , "If we did anything else we would get bad press"

I suggest if you have anything to say about the national debt, save it.

Democrats: Republicans only care about the national debt when Democrats are in the White House.

Also Democrats: Those evil Republicans won't send Trump a $50 trillion "stimulus" bill complaining it's too expensive. This pandemic impacts minorities more than anybody else so denying the funding is racist. Also, these white conservative states have the highest positivity test rates because they're stupid.

That's the best part of removing the legislative filibuster... Cruz can suck wind.. His vote will be meaningless...

Then we will call an Article V convention to undo the damage the Biden party does.

Then we will call an Article V convention to undo the damage the Biden party does.

LMAO... The one that right wingers have been calling on for years...

Also Democrats: Those evil Republicans won't send Trump a $50 trillion "stimulus" bill complaining it's too expensive. This pandemic impacts minorities more than anybody else so denying the funding is racist. Also, these white conservative states have the highest positivity test rates because they're stupid.
well we already did spend a lot on the corona virus and the debt is the highest level its been since world war 2, your absolutely right that minorities, small businesses, and workers have suffered the most from these lockdowns, but its not racist to say we as a country's cant afford to give out more tax money, no one is entitled to others tax money no matter what race gender, we are all individuals with equal rights, anything other is in fact racist.

LMAO... The one that right wingers have been calling on for years...

And we're closer than ever. This ought to just about fix things.

So what is worse: the party who doesnt care at all about deficits or the party who only cares once in a while?
Some experts say national debt is a bad thing. Some experts say it doesn't matter. Lying scammers say It's bad when those guys do it and doesn't matter when we do it.

Some experts say national debt is a bad thing. Some experts say it doesn't matter. Lying scammers say It's bad when those guys do it and doesn't matter when we do it.

There ain't no "we" to it, you're not a citizen.

There ain't no "we" to it, you're not a citizen.
Ooh, another one. I've been hearing that so much lately I must really be stepping on rightist tails.
I'm a citizen of a country that would be just like America if it had more loud-mouth, low-functioning rightards.

Ooh, another one. I've been hearing that so much lately I must really be stepping on rightist tails.
I'm a citizen of a country that would be just like America if it had more loud-mouth, low-functioning rightards.

As it is, you're the largest uninhabited country in North America. Get your own country and run that into the ground.

As it is, you're the largest uninhabited country in North America. Get your own country and run that into the ground.
Wanna buy a largish country? We'll get representatives of America, China, Japan and Europe in a room and hold an auction. Bidding starts at $2M per Canadian.
Who'll start the bidding?

And you don’t want them to so you’re being disingenuous.
The point is that Republicans did not want to do anything about the deficit and instead wanted to increase it with Tax cuts for individuals and corporations that did not need any more help. This is the opposite of caring about the deficit. They actively worked to increase it.

look at what happens everytime Rs try to tackle the debt “these evil monsters want grandma to DIE“ “cutting spending is racist” “warren Buffet says we never need to pay the debt, Republicans just hate poor womxn of color”

Blah blah blah

personally I no longer care, drive the country into the ground and the liberal cities will burn when welfare checks bounce so I say just bring it. I live too far from city limits to care.

So Republicans and Conservatives are ******s, got it. Glad you admit that.

True but I do think you exaggerate one fact, and that is that democrat president had a republican congress. This is why divided government is the only time government spending actually decreases you can see this under Obama who lost his majority in only 2 years and bill Clinton, I will give you Carter however. If democrats or republican's control all three branches it doesn't matter which party is in charge deficits will grow.

The question then comes down to the weight we put on not wanting to work with opposition against "fiscal responsibility" when in the minority. And that is not a great question to explore, for either party.

The Republican party has no credibility when it comes to deficits. They exist to give more money to the richest.

You mean what is worse, liars who claim to care about deficits and instead double it every time they are in power or those that tell the truth don't you? Why is lying always the best answer to Republicans? Look where that has led. 40% of the country are living on lies. What happened to Truth, Justice and the American way?

You mean what is worse, liars who claim to care about deficits and instead double it every time they are in power or those that tell the truth don't you? Why is lying always the best answer to Republicans? Look where that has led. 40% of the country are living on lies. What happened to Truth, Justice and the American way?
hey we libertarians still care about truth, justice, and the American way, we are the most principled and yet sadly have almost have no influence with the republican party anymore sadly.

Neither care, so which is worse: the party lying to their constituents, or the other?

No, plenty of Republicans care about it. Just democrats are too irresponsible and viscous to allow reform to happen
Sure, the debt rose by a trillion when the Republicans controlled both houses of congress, but it was all the Democrats fault. That makes sense. Republicans aren't responsible for anything. Just like Trump.

Back
Top Bottom