• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz: I’m not going to support Trump ‘like a servile puppy dog’ after he attacked

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
https://www.yahoo.com/news/ted-cruz-servile-puppy-dog-000000291.html

Hours after getting booed for not endorsing Donald Trump in his primetime speech at the Republican National Convention, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said he wasn’t going to be a “servile puppy dog” to the party’s nominee given Trump’s personal attacks against him during the primary season.

“I am not in the habit of supporting people who attack my wife and attack my father,” Cruz told his state’s GOP delegation at a breakfast in Cleveland Thursday morning.

Trump’s former GOP rival, who like the rest of the field signed a pledge during the primaries to support the party’s nominee, said that agreement was “abdicated” when the brash real estate mogul mocked his wife, Heidi, and suggested that his father was involved in the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Good for him. I wouldn't support somebody who went directly after my wife. Cruz took a direct blow to the face, but he kept his principles . That makes alright in my book.

Re: Ted Cruz: I’m not going to support Trump ‘like a servile puppy dog’ after he atta

Is anyone watching this news conference? What a freakin' embarrassment.

Re: Ted Cruz: I’m not going to support Trump ‘like a servile puppy dog’ after he atta

He's desperately trying to ease the blow of his latest **** up with the ones who might save him from career death due to his very public suicide speech and failed campaign.

Cruz PAC attacks Trump, Trump swings back.
All is fair in love, war and politics.

Cruz's supporters attacked Trump's wife. Trump attacked Cruz's wife. That's not 'swinging back'. It's essentially saying that if my friend punches you, and you punch me, you're defending yourself even though I've done nothing to you.

It's ridiculous.

He's desperately trying to ease the blow of his latest **** up with the ones who might save him from career death due to his very public suicide speech and failed campaign.

Lol, Cruz will be in politics long after Trump loses the election.

Cruz's supporters attacked Trump's wife. Trump attacked Cruz's wife. That's not 'swinging back'. It's essentially saying that if my friend punches you, and you punch me, you're defending yourself even though I've done nothing to you.

It's ridiculous.

I know that's good for cover.
Don't do it Hatuey, don't defend Cruz. :2razz:

I know that's good for cover.
Don't do it Hatuey, don't defend Cruz. :2razz:

When Ted Cruz is the only person making sense, there isn't much of a choice.

When Ted Cruz is the only person making sense, there isn't much of a choice.

Yea technically they did and not he.
With that said, it would be hard for me to believe that they act truly independent of the candidates campaign.

He will be seen as a traitor to his party. Not to be trusted.

P.S. Did he apologize to Trump for his PAC posting nude photos of Melanie? Should he have? Are you capable of an honest answer here? We'll see.

Good bye, Ted Cruz. Big mistake.

Disagree. Ted Cruz has a lot of people who still back him even after refusing to endorse Trump. And after last night's narcissistic scream-fest and today's manic bathsalts news conference, who can blame him?

If he keeps his support in Texas, yes. He may not keep that support if Trump wins, or even if Trump loses. If the voters in Texas blame the loss, even in part, on him - he's toast and he knows it. Thus this excuse fest before the TEXAS delegation.

Cruz PAC attacks Trump, Trump swings back.
All is fair in love, war and politics.

I'm not sure about that. I think war has rules.

P.S. Did he apologize to Trump for his PAC posting nude photos of Melanie? Should he have? Are you capable of an honest answer here? We'll see.

He did eventually disavow the ad - but not until after that caucus was over (where he reaped the benefit of the ad) and he got called on it.

Isn't that what people are looking for though? Outsiders who aren't always beholden to the party, when it requires supporting things you don't believe in?

Regardless. Cruz is still very popular in Texas and should easily be able to keep his seat there for as long as he wants. Which is unfortunate, because I really don't like a lot of Cruz's politics.

Disagree. Ted Cruz has a lot of people who still back him even after refusing to endorse Trump. And after last night's narcissistic scream-fest and today's manic bathsalts news conference, who can blame him?

Were you actually talking about Trump's news conference??? I can't believe you are. I'm speechless. It was a breath of fresh air. How can you and I hear the same words and be such polar opposites? I'm stunned.

Isn't that what people are looking for though? Outsiders who aren't always beholden to the party, when it requires supporting things you don't believe in?

Regardless. Cruz is still very popular in Texas and should easily be able to keep his seat there for as long as he wants. Which is unfortunate, because I really don't like a lot of Cruz's politics.

Outsider does not equal traitor.

The power of incumbency. It surely doesn't serve citizens.

If he keeps his support in Texas, yes. He may not keep that support if Trump wins, or even if Trump loses. If the voters in Texas blame the loss, even in part, on him - he's toast and he knows it. Thus this excuse fest before the TEXAS delegation.

Lmao, Ted Cruz is a Tea Party darling. His support goes way beyond Texas.

... A traitor... for what? Asking people to vote how they feel? Or not supporting somebody who went after his family?

Why would he need to apologize for what other people did? Lmao. Do you know how PACs work?

Yea technically they did and not he.
With that said, it would be hard for me to believe that they act truly independent of the candidates campaign.

I welcome evidence showing otherwise.

Were you actually talking about Trump's news conference??? I can't believe you are. I'm speechless. It was a breath of fresh air. How can you and I hear the same words and be such polar opposites? I'm stunned.

A breath of fresh air? I'm stunned that anyone could've watched that news conference and came out saying anything positive about Trump.

The power of incumbency. It surely doesn't serve citizens.

Then citizens should stop electing incumbents.

Back
Top Bottom