• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz gives an amazing speech -- doesn't endorse Trump

I understand that. But you were just chastising cpwill for speaking like a child when you support the guy who calls people he disagrees with "dummies", "losers" and "dopey" (among a lots of other super childish things).
:shrug: he's trying to avoid answering.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I understand that. But you were just chastising cpwill for speaking like a child when you support the guy who calls people he disagrees with "dummies", "losers" and "dopey" (among a lots of other super childish things).

Don't introduce narrative that has nothing to do with my comments. I was referring to the manner and tone of his comments directed at me. I'm perfectly willing to debate on a rational adult level.

:) brother I'm laughing because the obvious is obvious.

And no, you're trying to take a page out of Trumps playbook, and call someone a name to get out of having been embarrassed by data. :)

No page. Just a direct response to the level of discourse you have directed at me. You don't like Trump. I get it. Save the childish personal attacks for someone who is willing to go there with you.

Don't introduce narrative that has nothing to do with my comments. I was referring to the manner and tone of his comments directed at me. I'm perfectly willing to debate on a rational adult level.

It has everything to do with your comments. You're berating someone for speaking like a child on one hand and then praising someone who speaks like a child on the other hand.

It has everything to do with your comments. You're berating someone for speaking like a child on one hand and then praising someone who speaks like a child on the other hand.

Clearly you still don't understand, or chose not to understand, the context. Why don't you leave it at that?

cruz going strong to buy off the delegates with his big oil money to STOP the will of the voters in the prmaries

THAT proves he is NOT a conservative and proves he is simply a CROOK and that act woke up the nation and trump soared after that

Clearly you still don't understand, or chose not to understand, the context. Why don't you leave it at that?

No, I do understand the context. You're attempting to twist out of being hypocritical is fun, though.

No, I do understand the context. You're attempting to twist out of being hypocritical is fun, though.

:doh

You should learn when to use the word. This is not one of those times.

I'm not interested in taking any more time to assist you in clearing up your confusion.

Do whatever it takes to make you giddy.

Ryan in 2020 depends on whether or not Clinton wins. if she does, i think that this scenario becomes more likely. if Trump wins, it could arguably be worse for Republicans (where control of government and the continuation of current social programs is concerned) than it would be if he lost. this is just a theory i'm tossing around, but with the current data, i'd guess that a president Hillary Clinton could lead directly to a president Paul Ryan.

My crystal ball tells me that if Herr Trump gets elected, America very well might have their very own "'Murican Spring." By 2020, politics, as we know it, might just be a long lost dream.

It might be the unraveling of America. And it will have global reverberations. And my crystal ball says it's nothing to look forward to.

My crystal ball tells me that if Herr Trump gets elected, America very well might have their very own "'Murican Spring." By 2020, politics, as we know it, might just be a long lost dream.

It might be the unraveling of America. And it will have global reverberations. And my crystal ball says it's nothing to look forward to.

trump is like teddy roosevelt .. he stops monopolies and that will make america progress

yeah, i doubt that it would be a good thing.

trump is like teddy roosevelt .. he stops monopolies and that will make america progress

Trump would have pissed his pants if he faced a fraction of what TR had faced. TR led infantry under fire. Trump begged out of the draft for 'health reasons'...while he was playing college sports.

But you want him with the nuclear codes.

Sad!

I saw portions of Ted's speech. He didn't endorse Trump due to his constitutionalist views. Fair enough. Then this morning I turned on the TV to see Cruz addressing the Texas delegation's breakfast meeting and heard something else---all the constitutional stuff PLUS his own bitter hurt feelings against Trump for going after his wife and father.

Now, granted, Trump did a number on the Cruz family and I would be less than forgiving too, but which is the reason for the non endorsement---deeply held beliefs in the purity of the U.S. constitution or Heidi's honor?

The RPC just gets better and better for circus aficionados.

Like I said Cruz won the runoff but lost the original primary
Yes, in 1924, Texas invented the election runoff to deny David Dewhurst the nomination for the US senate in 2012....

And the fact that as a rookie, he trounced an experianced republican 57 to 43, that a clear majority of republicans in texas preferred a rookie over David Dewhurst means nothing....but no he somehow lost the primary and went ahead and beat Paul Sadler 57 to 40%.

With a loss like that, who needs a win?

Trump would have pissed his pants if he faced a fraction of what TR had faced. TR led infantry under fire. Trump begged out of the draft for 'health reasons'...while he was playing college sports.

But you want him with the nuclear codes.

Sad!

Trump is the same as teddy on the most important issue they both want to stop monopolies that destroys the progress of a nation

the lobbyists monopoly works from both sides to stop america's progress..... big oil and cruz and the bushes on one side and the clintons and soros on the other and they both try to stop trump

Excellent job, sir.

I agree - good for him.

Trump can take issue with Cruz all he likes - maybe he should keep in mind that if you want someone to be faithful to YOU, then YOU need to be faithful to them. You cannot be a dick and expect people to support you later.

[general you]

Trump is the same as teddy on the most important issue they both want to stop monopolies that destroys the progress of a nation

the lobbyists monopoly works from both sides to stop america's progress..... big oil and cruz and the bushes on one side and the clintons and soros on the other and they both try to stop trump

No, guy. Trump's shown zero courage. All he's shown is the bluster of a schoolyard bully. I mean, really, what would ANY former Republican president all the way back to Lincoln say of someone so immature, so potty-mouthed, so easily provoked into petty fits of rage? Can you imagine Reagan - or even Nixon, for pete's sake - being so petty as to publicly tell another candidate that "I'm going to spill the beans on your wife"? You really, truly think that such a person should EVER be trusted with the nuclear codes???? Someone like that is SO easily manipulated, and the leaders of our enemies know it! All it would take are an attack or two made in such a way as to make him think that it was somebody else...and he'd take it hook, line, and sinker...because he's ALREADY shown the habit of assuming blame! The very day that the Egyptian Air jet went down over the Mediterranean, he was proclaiming that it had to be terrorism...but now it looks like that was not the case at all.

Which means he's easily manipulated, easily fooled, easily tricked. He might be a businessman, but in the life-and-death struggle between nation-states, he would be a babe in the woods.

There's a reason that none of the living presidents - Republican or Democrat - support him one whit. That, sir, should tell you volumes.

I agree - good for him.

Trump can take issue with Cruz all he likes - maybe he should keep in mind that if you want someone to be faithful to YOU, then YOU need to be faithful to them. You cannot be a dick and expect people to support you later.

[general you]

What total crap - it was Cruz & Co who attacked Trump's wife first, circulating nude pics of her to attack her character!!

Your Lyin' Ted can distance himself all he wants from those dirty tricks, but they were all in the same polygamous bed together.

Trump is a counter-puncher -- when provoked, he will respond very sharply -- and this was the most severe of provocations.

Unlike Ted Backstabbin Cruz, who is HATED by everyone on both sides of the aisle in Congress, Trump is a pragmatic businessman who looks to get people together in the same room to cut a deal.
Even after Cruz refused to endorse, Trump still magnanimously gave Cruz a chance to speak at the convention on PrimeTime television, to give his message. It was Trump's way of being nice to Cruz. But Ted Cruz is always all about himself and his ego, which is why he's the most isolated man in politics, and why he can never be a functioning president. Can you imagine Cruz in the whitehouse? It would be 4 years of continuous govt shutdown, until the voters kick him out.

When Cruz says he's true to himself, he means he's true to his ego.

Cruz is consistent in some ways.

He is consistent about steering our ship toward anarchy.

He is consistent about claiming to care for his family.

He is consistent about accomplishing almost nothing as a senator. In fact, the doomed to fail government shutdowns he architected forced other public officials to be as unproductive as he is.

Where he isn't consistent is being there for his wife, caring for his children, actually accomplishing policy goals in government- you know, things he's so consistently claimed but utterly failed to deliver on.

That's who was trying to revolt. That's who the Establishment shut down. The Never Trump people? Those are the conservatives.

That's who was trying to revolt. That's who the Establishment shut down. The Never Trump people? Those are the conservatives.

oh you mean at the convention. oh yeah lets change the rules so the person who the Republican BASE voted for doesn't get the nomination. Thats how it should work.... just like democrats and their SUPERdelegates to rig the system. great. sure sounds conservative to me.

I disagree with that opinion.

oh you mean at the convention. oh yeah lets change the rules so the person who the Republican BASE voted for doesn't get the nomination. Thats how it should work.... just like democrats and their SUPERdelegates to rig the system. great. sure sounds conservative to me.

I disagree with that opinion.

A plurality of voters in the GOP primary contests voted for Trump. That is not the same as "the conservative base".

A plurality of voters in the GOP primary contests voted for Trump. That is not the same as "the conservative base".

right. the small minority of those who oppose Trump should be the ones that decide the nomination, because that's.. what? who you agree with?

I have no problem with allowing them to have taken the vote. I am confident they would lose... but apparently too many states withdrew... so what do you propose should have happened?

I have to wonder if the outrage over the non-endorsement was orchestrated. Trump knew what was in the speech and happened to walk in to the room at the exact moment of the non-endorsement. The booing started in the NY delegation. Some how, every major news network managed to interview the same four people. I just smell coordinated event.

Back
Top Bottom