• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz gives an amazing speech -- doesn't endorse Trump

Well, many of the laws he wants to put in place, particularity the ban on gay marriage come directly from his Christian religion. Then the whole fiasco where he stated he followed god above the Constitution. Some interesting reads on his views. Also check out what his dad has said about his son. Absolutely insane.

Interesting.

The Declaration of Independence says "..and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them.."

The Constitution refers to "the Blessings of Liberty.."

In his inaugural address George Washington said, "I dwell on this prospect with every satisfaction which an ardent love for my Country can inspire: since there is no truth more thoroughly established, than that there exists in the economy and course of nature, an indissoluble union between virtue and happiness, between duty and advantage, between the genuine maxims of an honest and magnanimous policy, and the solid rewards of public prosperity and felicity: Since we ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven, can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained: And since the preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the Republican model of Government, are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as finally staked, on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people."

Even our Pledge of Allegiance declares that we are "..one nation under God"

The foundation of Liberty is a commitment to the understanding that there is an ultimate good which is beyond the reach of man, to which man should aspire, and by which man should be humbled. Without God there can be no liberty.

That's fine if you wanna be a normal every day Christian. However, when you are running to be the President of the United States, which is not a Christian nation(no matter who wants to say it is), you need to put the country first over what your religious text said. I doubt many people would be okay if Obama said, I am a Muslim first, and an American second. In fact, people would probably call for his impeachment. I simply don't trust someone that says things like that to uphold the Constitution. If he is going to follow the Bible over the laws of the land, he can stay a lowly citizen and do it in the privacy of his own home/church.

Obama is a Muslim? Wut?

FYI - sounds like you would've hated several of our Founding Fathers.

Why? Don't you have anything or anyone you're more loyal to than your government?

Than my COUNTRY, no. Loyalty to ones religion allows crazies (true believers) to blow themselves up and take you with them. I'll pass on a theocracy.

I'm Catholic, and I fully understand Josie's sentiment here.

But Hari is right in that this will not fly when you're running for the highest office in the government.

N.B. JFK's public speech declaring his fidelity to the Constitution and Republic over the Papacy, back in his 1960 campaign.

Exactly!

Than my COUNTRY, no. Loyalty to ones religion allows crazies (true believers) to blow themselves up and take you with them. I'll pass on a theocracy.

I'll pass on it too. What do you mean by "my country" if not "government"?

Interesting.

The Declaration of Independence says "..and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and Nature's God entitle them.."

The Constitution refers to "the Blessings of Liberty.."

In his inaugural address George Washington said, "I dwell on this prospect with every satisfaction which an ardent love for my Country can inspire: since there is no truth more thoroughly established, than that there exists in the economy and course of nature, an indissoluble union between virtue and happiness, between duty and advantage, between the genuine maxims of an honest and magnanimous policy, and the solid rewards of public prosperity and felicity: Since we ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven, can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained: And since the preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the Republican model of Government, are justly considered as deeply, perhaps as finally staked, on the experiment entrusted to the hands of the American people."

Even our Pledge of Allegiance declares that we are "..one nation under God"

The foundation of Liberty is a commitment to the understanding that there is an ultimate good which is beyond the reach of man, to which man should aspire, and by which man should be humbled. Without God there can be no liberty.

I could give you plenty of quotes but I am not in the mood. George Washington was the richest President to date as well as a producer of alcohol and a real estate tycoon (of his day much like the Don). I don't have a problem with God, its religion I have a major problem with and most of the time has very little to do with "God". Natures God as in the Declaration is quite elegant. No Jesus just nature.

I'll pass on it too. What do you mean by "my country" if not "government"?

Government can become corrupt as many on the right think today. Fortunately we can change it even though its painful and slow. I guess the idea of a representative democracy based on the Constitution is what I mean by country. Hard to define.

Obama is a Muslim? Wut?

FYI - sounds like you would've hated several of our Founding Fathers.

The Obama thing was an example. Also, many of the founding fathers were not Christians of today. And even some that were, did not want religion to be over the Constitution.

Friggin' Cruz -- he couldn't even do what Bernie did and endorse his party's nominee. :doh

He's just put himself in political Siberia -- which is probably fine by him, since he's as cold as ice, anyway.

It just looks dishonorable to show up at the convention and then not endorse the nominee. Even Kasich, who likewise didn't endorse, showed more class than Cruz by at least not showing up.

wonder if tRump having his jet intrude upon the cruz rally in cleveland had any part in cruz' decision not to endorse the orange one

Last edited:
wonder if tRump having his jet intrude upon the cruz rally in cleveland had any part in cruz/ decision not to endorse the orange one

You are giving the possibility of Cruz having smarts too much credit.

If they want to avoid snafu's like the stunt Cruz planned? I believe so.

even the female astronaut went off script
her submitted written version of the speech included her endorsement
she never spoke it while at the podium

even if the speech is vetted, the speaker retains the option to go rogue
anybody else disappointed that caribou barbie is not in cleveland to share her version of word salad

But Hari is right in that this will not fly when you're running for the highest office in the government.

N.B. JFK's public speech declaring his fidelity to the Constitution and Republic over the Papacy, back in his 1960 campaign.

I agree. I would rather people worry about the constitution over the bible while holding office. If somebody feels their calling is god, then they should be a religious leader or something similar. A lot of these christian conservatives also represent more dogma and current religious movements than the basis tenants anyway. It all leads to religion being divisive.

Oh, So you agree with me then...

CRUZ IS STUPID!

commentators are speculating whether tRump 'planned' this
to allow cruz to become the skunk in the room
creating unity in the GOP that was not present before the non-endorsement

commentators are speculating whether tRump 'planned' this
to allow cruz to become the skunk in the room
creating unity in the GOP that was not present before the non-endorsement

Nope. This was Trump doing the right thing by letting Cruz speak because he came in second, and Cruz then in return ****ing him.

Nope. This was Trump doing the right thing by letting Cruz speak because he came in second, and Cruz then in return ****ing him.

well the GOP is as united as it is going to be
in opposition to cruz

Why? Don't you have anything or anyone you're more loyal to than your government?

You could be more loyal to your wife or family but not the cosmic muffin. That's just crazy.

well the GOP is as united as it is going to be
in opposition to cruz

It would be justice for Cruz to **** up and help the REBELLION, stupid pricks just have to face a penalty in my books.....

No I didn't some like Cruz but he's a slimy snake, which is why he lost the Republican primary by 10 points when he ran for senate.

...he won the primary, that's why he is a senator :p

It would be justice for Cruz to **** up and help the REBELLION, stupid pricks just have to face a penalty in my books.....

Except when trump goes down in flames(and he will because trump is a fraud), he can say he was the only one that didn't endorse trump on principal, while all the other establishment heads kissed his ring like the dogs they are.

It's just sad that conservatives and republicans have to learn it the hard way....

Except when trump goes down in flames(and he will because trump is a fraud), he can say he was the only one that didn't endorse trump on principal, while all the other establishment heads kissed his ring like the dogs they are.

It's just sad that conservatives and republicans have to learn it the hard way....

I am with the REBELLION and let me tell you this straight from the heart, we are not going to lose. Maybe Trump gets it done, maybe not, but either way he is a MOTHER****ING HERO.

I am with the REBELLION and let me tell you this straight from the heart, we are not going to lose. Maybe Trump gets it done, maybe not, but either way he is a MOTHER****ING HERO.

I'm as conservative as it gets, but Trump has duped the republican party. He's not going to win because he truly doesn't want to win.

I'm as conservative as it gets, but Trump has duped the republican party. He's not going to win because he truly doesn't want to win.

That has always been the $10,000,000 question.

+1 TO U.

Back
Top Bottom