• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz Busted For Buying His Own Books As NY Times Refuses To Put Him On Bestseller

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The New York Times has refused to put Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on their bestseller list after finding evidence that his book sales were not authentic.

And

Murphy later added more detail, “In the case of this book, the overwhelming preponderance of evidence was that sales were limited to strategic bulk purchases.”

Strategic bulk purchases is a polite way of saying that Cruz, his super PAC, or organization that he cut a deal with, bought the books in bulk to inflate his sales numbers and land him on the bestseller list.

Well, that's one way to land yourself on the Best Seller's List. Buy all the books up yourself. Would you buy a used car from this guy? I wouldn't, but he can sell it to himself if he wants to. LOL.

Article is here.

Re: Ted Cruz Busted For Buying His Own Books As NY Times Refuses To Put Him On Bestse

Ted's a little dishonest, but really, this sort of thing has happened forever. The NYT suddenly grew conscience.

Re: Ted Cruz Busted For Buying His Own Books As NY Times Refuses To Put Him On Bestse

And

Well, that's one way to land yourself on the Best Seller's List. Buy all the books up yourself. Would you buy a used car from this guy? I wouldn't, but he can sell it to himself if he wants to. LOL.

Article is here.

I believe this story is rather old, but your link doesn't provide any dates.

Ah, yes, this story is nearly a year old.

I believe this story is rather old, but your link doesn't provide any dates.

Ah, yes, this story is nearly a year old.

Well. That sure is "breaking".

Ted's a little dishonest, but really, this sort of thing has happened forever. The NYT suddenly grew conscience.

I have seen the NYT refuse these types of entries before. Strategic bulk purchases usually aren't counted by the NYT...when they know about it.

And

Article is here.

Cruz continues to prove that he is slimier than a barrel of eels in olive oil. The amazing thing is that such a slimeball has got this far in the game.

I have seen the NYT refuse these types of entries before. Strategic bulk purchases usually aren't counted by the NYT...when they know about it.

Unless they like the author.

Ted is VERY dishonest. The GOP's best shot this year is to nominate Kasich or Paul Ryan at a contested convention, because neither Cruz nor Trump have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election.

A little ? hes a total phony

And

Article is here.

"Lyin' Ted Cruz": the only truthful thing Trump has said.

You may be correct but is there any evidence of that?

The NYT does not have a conscience.

But this is a funny story about Lyin' Ted. :lol:

And

Article is here.

One would have to buy an awful lot of books to make the Best Seller list. Ever thought that those books that they did buy might be to be used a gifts for their supporters?

Ted is VERY dishonest. The GOP's best shot this year is to nominate Kasich or Paul Ryan at a contested convention, because neither Cruz nor Trump have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the election.

This is repeated ad nauseam by leftists, who I'm sure only have the best interests of the GOP at heart. :roll:

One would have to buy an awful lot of books to make the Best Seller list. Ever thought that those books that they did buy might be to be used a gifts for their supporters?

I have quite a few autographed books that candidates have given me through the years.

I have quite a few autographed books that candidates have given me through the years.

Kinda what I was thinking was behind it, so me thinks this is much to do about nothing.

This isn't the first time that the pathetic shell of a newspaper, the NYTimes, has found a way to keep a conservative leaning book/author off of their not-so-important-anymore list.

Well hell, he's gotta do something with all those books he's bulk ordered to drive up his stats. The world only needs so many doorstops.

Well hell, he's gotta do something with all those books he's bulk ordered to drive up his stats. The world only needs so many doorstops.

If I had one of his books, which I don't, I'd probably use it for....oh never mind. Nothing positive. ;)

If I had one of his books, which I don't, I'd probably use it for....oh never mind. Nothing positive. ;)

I have never read a politician's book, and if I go to my death bed without having ever read one I'll not consider it a wasted life.

I have never read a politician's book, and if I go to my death bed without having ever read one I'll not consider it a wasted life.

They suck. I mean, literally suck. Most have "I am the most awesomest" subliminally appearing throughout.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for The Donald's book on his political experience. I need some paper for my litterboxes.

They suck. I mean, literally suck. Most have "I am the most awesomest" subliminally appearing throughout.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for The Donald's book on his political experience. I need some paper for my litterboxes.

That must be a really small litterbox.

The amazing thing is that such a slimeball has got this far in the game.

Other than Sanders, I can't think of one major candidate that isn't a total slimeball.

Cruz continues to prove that he is slimier than a barrel of eels in olive oil. The amazing thing is that such a slimeball has got this far in the game.

Trump or Cruz- The lesser of 2 evils?

Other than Sanders, I can't think of one major candidate that isn't a total slimeball.

As an American citizen I'm embarrassed that the one candidate in the race that even Conservatives can agree is principled is widely dismissed as having no chance. The media has been ruthless and unyielding in its narrative that we have to choose one of the assholes.

Back
Top Bottom