• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

So it is ok to believe in the wrong god, just not no god?

Nope. I would only support either Jews like Netanyahu or Christians. The rest could go pound sand. And I don't care if everybody doesn't like it.

Not only that, but English would be the mandated language of the U.S. Not only that but gay marriage would be forbidden. People want to promote or engage in that it will cost them greenbacks.

There is definitely atheist persecution. Several states have laws against atheists holding public office.

OF course, those laws are not enforceable, because it is unconditional.

Nope. I would only support either Jews like Netanyahu or Christians. The rest could go pound sand. And I don't care if everybody doesn't like it.

Not only that, but English would be the mandated language of the U.S. Not only that but gay marriage would be forbidden. People want to promote or engage in that it will cost them greenbacks.

Interesting that you'd allow gay marriage in exchange for money.

Generally speaking, you haven't the slightest idea what the hell you're talking about. I don't need to fear divine retribution from a deity to act like a decent human being, and neither do the vast majority of nonbelievers.

Unlike the vast majority of believers, eh?

Seriously (and ironically), some atheists are among the most holier than thou people.

Hari, we have a special thread just for folks like you who claim Jesus is a myth. It's in the Philosophy Forum. It's called 'Jesus Myth Claims.' Would love for you to come over there and make your case to back up your rhetoric. So far, nobody has. But there you have to back it up. Here you can just belch out whatever you want.

Apparently you have failed to read my post, at least with any understanding. I quoted our founding fathers, they are the ones that believe Jesus was a hoax. I just happen to agree with them. Here are a few more to help enlighten you:

“Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting ‘Jesus Christ,’ so that it would read ‘A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion," the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Muslim, the Hindu and Infidel of every denomination.” -Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to his Virginia Act for Religious Freedom (I know its not the Constitution but certainly shows the prevailing thoughts at the time no matter how much you may not like it. You really got to love TJ)

"I am persuaded, you will permit me to observe that the path of true piety is so plain as to require but little political direction. To this consideration we ought to ascribe the absence of any regulation, respecting religion, from the Magna-Charta of our country." -- George Washington, responding to a group of clergymen who complained that the Constitution lacked mention of Jesus Christ

"The civil Government, though bereft of everything like an associated hierarchy, possesses the requisite stability, and performs its functions with complete success, whilst the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the Church from the State." – James Madison

I'm sure you have other examples lined up, but that thread didn't really go anywhere.

If you found something wrong or offensive about the OP of that thread, I'd be surprised. Not sure, at all, who you think you're fooling (or why you'd even want to try).

I don't like it. If you start to make it about which religions are and are not acceptable, you have zero moral standing to object when it your religion that's deemed wrong or unacceptable.

If you found something wrong or offensive about the OP of that thread, I'd be surprised. Not sure, at all, who you think you're fooling (or why you'd even want to try).

I guess my point is that there wasn't a swarm of atheists participating in the discussion. I think a doctor who doesn't believe in evolution is pretty silly, but... meh.

Atheists on this forum regularly say that simply because you are religious you are unfit to be president or a doctor? Am I just skipping over it? Granted I don't read every thread, but somehow I find it amazing that it's a very regular occurrence and I've never seen it. I'm taking it that when you say it's regular you're saying that you've seen this a handful of times or more?

Yes, they do. They talk about how someone with such "magical thinking" can't be trusted. It occurs with some frequency. Not every week, mind you, but it is by no means an unheard of view.

I'm not sure my search skills are strong enough to figure out how to search for examples of this successfully. But it happens. Hang out in Philosophical Discussions and Religious Discussions sections and you'll eventually see it pop up again.

So you are definitely against The First Amendment. United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion,

and:

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Religious_Test_Clause

Apparently you have failed to read my post, at least with any understanding. I quoted our founding fathers, they are the ones that believe Jesus was a hoax. I just happen to agree with them. Here are a few more to help enlighten you:

“Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting ‘Jesus Christ,’ so that it would read ‘A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion," the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Muslim, the Hindu and Infidel of every denomination.” -Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to his Virginia Act for Religious Freedom (I know its not the Constitution but certainly shows the prevailing thoughts at the time no matter how much you may not like it. You really got to love TJ)

"I am persuaded, you will permit me to observe that the path of true piety is so plain as to require but little political direction. To this consideration we ought to ascribe the absence of any regulation, respecting religion, from the Magna-Charta of our country." -- George Washington, responding to a group of clergymen who complained that the Constitution lacked mention of Jesus Christ

"The civil Government, though bereft of everything like an associated hierarchy, possesses the requisite stability, and performs its functions with complete success, whilst the number, the industry, and the morality of the priesthood, and the devotion of the people, have been manifestly increased by the total separation of the Church from the State." – James Madison

Nope. Jefferson was a Unitarian who loved the precepts taught by Jesus Christ:

"“A more beautiful or precious morsel of ethics I have never
seen; it is a document in proof that I am a real Christian,
that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus.”
(Jan. 9, 1816 – Thomas Jefferson, in a letter to Charles Thomson)

George Washington was a Christian.

"George Washington’s adopted daughter, having spent twenty years of her life in his presence, declared that one might as well question Washington’s patriotism as question his Christianity. "

"In Volume XII of these writings, Jared Sparks delved into the religious character of George Washington, and included numerous letters written by the friends, associates, and family of Washington which testified of his religious character. Based on that extensive evidence, Sparks concluded: "To say that he [George Washington] was not a Christian would be to impeach his sincerity and honesty. Of all men in the world, Washington was certainly the last whom any one would charge with dissimulation or indirectness [hypocrisies and evasiveness]; and if he was so scrupulous in avoiding even a shadow of these faults in every known act of his life, [regardless of] however unimportant, is it likely, is it credible, that in a matter of the highest and most serious importance [his religious faith, that] he should practice through a long series of years a deliberate deception upon his friends and the public? It is neither credible nor possible."

Was George Washington a Christian? « The Righter Report

And according to Dr. M.E. Bradford of the University of Dallas, of the 55 framers, 28 were Episcopalians, 8 were Presbyterians, 7 were Congregationalists, and there were two each of Lutherans, Dutch Reformed, Methodists and Roman Catholics. That left, by Bradford’s counting, three deists and one founder whose religious views cannot be determined definitively.

And finally, let’s not forget James Madison, known as the “Chief Architect of U.S. Constitution,” who once had this to say: “Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the Cross of Christ.”

I don't like it. If you start to make it about which religions are and are not acceptable, you have zero moral standing to object when it your religion that's deemed wrong or unacceptable.

I don't care whether or not you like it or find it acceptable. That's what I believe. I think every scourge that has come upon mankind can be directly attributable to man violating or abrogating the laws of God.

As the scriptures say,

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." - 2nd Chronicles 7:14

Yes, they do. They talk about how someone with such "magical thinking" can't be trusted. It occurs with some frequency. Not every week, mind you, but it is by no means an unheard of view.

I'm not sure my search skills are strong enough to figure out how to search for examples of this successfully. But it happens. Hang out in Philosophical Discussions and Religious Discussions sections and you'll eventually see it pop up again.

theres a difference between believing in god or having religion, and believing something easily scientifically proven to be false, saying god created the universe can't really be disproven, saying god created the universe 10,000 years ago can easily be proven false. the pope doesn't believe in creationism, the dalai lama repeatedly says if science can prove any part of buddhism to be false, than its false.

Thats like saying because atheists don't think someone who beleives the earth is flat should be president or a doctor, that means they dont think every single religous person can't be president, or a doctor.

So you are definitely against The First Amendment. United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion,

and:

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Religious_Test_Clause

Yep. There would be a new attitude about Jesus Christ in this country. And if folks like you didn't like it I'd have a shrimp boat going out daily to Cuba or wherever modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is.

Yep. There would be a new attitude about Jesus Christ in this country. And if folks like you didn't like it I'd have a shrimp boat going out daily to Cuba or wherever modern day Sodom and Gomorrah is.
fundie catharsis, eh wot?

:lamo:lamo:lamo

Isn't shrimp an abomination?:lamo

Great bye bye freedom hello Christian caliphate.:roll:​

Was Kamikaze Kruz referring to IKE ?

Has Cruz found the word "GOD" in the Constitution yet?

Since the word "Creator" does appear, I've used it for 40 years in the public classroom .

Back
Top Bottom