• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

technology in education

laska

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The computer and other technology really gives the world an opportunity to drastically cut down the costs and improve the quality of education. The very best teachers in each field could produce an online class with interactive models that could teach things simply and thoroughly on each subject. The government could spend a fraction of what it spends on education and have world class teachers in every field available to every person free of charge online. No longer would education be reserved for the rich, and a person can upgrade their skills or learn a new set any time they choose free of and direct charge.

I am also in favor of school choice. Let parents recieve the money directly and allow them to choose between private schools. This allows each parent to choose what values they want their children to be taught. These private schools would also have access to the online interactive educational programs and could fuse it into their curriculums.

So I can see the use of technology lowering the cost of education to a fraction of what it is today, truly lift the human family no matter what economic background.

free-ed.net is another good resource for dual school communication. IE they go to a public/private school and they also train on this site as homework instead of BS homework they get now.

this would ensure they know it.

How about TV shows? Discovery, Science channels, PBS, etc. all have some pretty good stuff about old mother earth...

Since America adopted the international edu. program .the same used in russia
AMericans have been teaching

60% politaclly correct american history and 100% politically correct world history

It is called indoctrination

Canuck said:
Since America adopted the international edu. program .the same used in russia
AMericans have been teaching

60% politaclly correct american history and 100% politically correct world history

It is called indoctrination
All nations do that. Can't let little Johnny grow up feeling bad about his country, can we? He might night have what it takes to defend it if and when the time comes. I would challenge the 100% world history as well, especially in public schools, and even in colleges. History is written by the winners.
Except in France. If you ask them, they won WWII all by themselves.:mrgreen:

UtahBill said:
All nations do that. Can't let little Johnny grow up feeling bad about his country, can we? He might night have what it takes to defend it if and when the time comes. I would challenge the 100% world history as well, especially in public schools, and even in colleges. History is written by the winners.
Except in France. If you ask them, they won WWII all by themselves.:mrgreen:

yeah yeah all countries do it
canada is no exception
actually I meant to write

100% politically corect world history
they dont teach 100% of the worlds history
no point in that history can only be used to become a teacher of the doctrine and a few odd jobs
france rofl
we have frenchies here too
but they stay inline although begrudgingly
and By all the us marine, john wayne movies, however great they were.
had away of making the viewer think that only the USA was in ww2
those movies put Canada at a disadvantage as they had to roll out a publically funded CBC to set the records straight according the ROYAL BLOOD LINE OF England
we were in shock in awe for decades deciphering the meanings of
canuck,beaver tails,bluenose and get this how our KING george VI who was ousted from power for marrying a commoner went to germany in the height of the war to sell hitler secrets got caught and was not jailed
those royal asses have some heavy insulation

Last edited:
laska said:
The computer and other technology really gives the world an opportunity to drastically cut down the costs and improve the quality of education. The very best teachers in each field could produce an online class with interactive models that could teach things simply and thoroughly on each subject. The government could spend a fraction of what it spends on education and have world class teachers in every field available to every person free of charge online. No longer would education be reserved for the rich, and a person can upgrade their skills or learn a new set any time they choose free of and direct charge.
While there are certainly disparaties in school systems of the well-to-do vs poorer sections, education isn't 'reserved for the rich' per se. And it couldn't be 'free of charge' as the teachers are not going to teach soley from the goodness of their hearts, plus there's the cost of maintenance, etc. of the technology and tools.

laska said:
I am also in favor of school choice. Let parents recieve the money directly and allow them to choose between private schools. This allows each parent to choose what values they want their children to be taught. These private schools would also have access to the online interactive educational programs and could fuse it into their curriculums.
Receive the moneys from whom? In the form of their taxes coming back to them every September? Then who pays for services provided by local and state governments? Also, my home is worth 1/4 of homes 5 miles away, so how would the distribution of money work? Percentage of salary? That would put me at a great disadvantage compared to those living in those homes 5 miles away. So, I would not be able to choose the better school.

laska said:
So I can see the use of technology lowering the cost of education to a fraction of what it is today, truly lift the human family no matter what economic background.
I don't think it'd be a fraction, at least not for many many years. Schools are woefully behind now in their technology (my kids are learning MS Paint in Jr High, fercryinoutloud, yet my son knows Flash, Photoshop, etc from home...truly sad state of affairs. And this in a so-called 'Blue-ribbon District).
The sad thing is that teachers are too behind in technology-use as it pertains to incorporating it into everyday teaching, they are woefully underpaid and exhaustingly overburdened trying to appease school systems that turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the needs of the children to learn and compete. And those that are doing well in private sectors are not going to give up their 6 figure salaries to teach for less than half of that, so the best and brightest minds aren't interested.

Back
Top Bottom