• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tebow Sits as Lions Maul Pats

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
This doesn't bode well for boy Timmy.

Tim Tebow of New England Patriots sits out against Detroit Lions - ESPN Boston

DETROIT -- New England Patriots third-string quarterback Tim Tebow didn't play in the team's 40-9 loss to the Detroit Lions on Thursday night, creating uncertainty about his chances to earn a roster spot.

Lions fans chanted "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!" with about 10 minutes left in the game, and later booed when Patriots coach Bill Belichick stuck with No. 2 quarterback Ryan Mallett.

Starting quarterback Tom Brady played the entire first half, while Mallett stayed on for the second half.
Looks like the Pats are as bad as I hoped and Tebow is either out of another job or riding another bench.

Poor Tebow, for some reason I like him.

Yeah, same. I think it's because even while I don't agree with all that he stands for and supports, he seems to be a sincere guy, and that I can appreciate.

I really do not understand why he doesn't get a chance to play when his team is losing by 31 points or out of contention like the Jets were last year.

For Tebow, I might make an exception. :)

No, he was a Jet before that. When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way.

(And I hate the Jets, but I couldn't resist the West Side Story).

Yeah, same. I think it's because even while I don't agree with all that he stands for and supports, he seems to be a sincere guy, and that I can appreciate.

Yea, good American that has a faith he dosent hide. I can see you not liking what he stands for.

Tebow is just not a good QB at the pro level. His skills were UNDENIABLY suited for the college game but it doesnt transcend to the pro game. From all accounts he is a GREAT athlete...just not a good QB. Why someone hasnt really sat him done and developed his skills as either a weak OLB or Tight End...I just cant fathom. He is the kind of PLAYER you want on your team...just not the kind of QB you want on your team.

Lol writing off the pats after their first pre season defeat. They will make u lk stupid

Yea, good American that has a faith he dosent hide. I can see you not liking what he stands for.

Actually, it's his political and religious views I disagree with, but judging by your reply I can't expect an honest discussion from you.

Trust me, I'm a Lions fan and I'm not excited at all over this win because it's just a pre-season game. Actually, I'm upset at the perennial lack of discipline they show with their stupid penalties and personal fouls, like Willie Young grabbing Brady and not letting him go. They needed discipline this year to compete and they simply don't have it. S.O.L. (Same Old Lions).

As far as Tebow, I'm sure Belichick will keep 3 quarterbacks, and he only played Brady and Mallett last night. Tebow isn't a technically good quarterback, but he's a great winner.

Personally, I would wish there was a way this guy could get paid to do outreach for the NFL once his career starts to end. That's just my instinct on that. The guy would be a great public figure for the league.

Personally, I would wish there was a way this guy could get paid to do outreach for the NFL once his career starts to end. That's just my instinct on that. The guy would be a great public figure for the league.

Dunno about that; someone who wear his beliefs on hi sleeves is likely to be too controversial for many; maybe he'd be a good broadcaster on a sports show.

Back
Top Bottom