• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Team Obama Moves US Naval Forces Closer to Syria.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Team Obama has decided to move US Warships Closer to Syria.....this would be so that Cruise Missiles can be used if we should need to strike for some reason. If I was the Russians.....I would move in my Ships and set a blockade on the US. Thus putting an end to any US intervention Military Wise. Putin should even inform Obama you fire one cruise missile.....and I will knock it Right out of the Sky. I told you once already.....Don't make me tell you again. You will not be allowed to give Syria to the Sunni Arabs and the MB. Your Move! Course that wont happen as the Russians are wussin out.

I think we will be seeing the same set up as they did with Libya. Since the French are incapable and to incompetent to take Assad on themselves. Pretty much like the Sunni Rebels. Totally incompetent and that's with direct supervision and hands on training. So With a short amount of time. I think the NO Fly Zone Rule will be implemented. Then the West will come in take out Assad forces so that the Sunni Syrian Rebels can continue to commit genocide and be given the country, with their MB backers.

The only way it wont happen.....is if Russia sets a blockade or Puts their Air Force in to Support Assad. Anything short of this. Then We will end up giving Syria to the Sunni on a Silver platter. Which 20 -30 years down the road. We will have to go and take everything back from the Sunni since they will produce their end results. Proving they were always an enemy to Western Civilization.....despite whatever they said out of their mouths. Actions speak louder than words. We have their actions recorded down for all of History.

US forces move closer to Syria as options weighed

U.S. naval forces are moving closer to Syria as President Barack Obama considers military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government. The president emphasized that a quick intervention in the Syrian civil war was problematic, given the international considerations that should precede a military strike.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel declined to discuss any specific force movements while saying that Obama had asked the Pentagon to prepare military options for Syria. U.S. defense officials told The Associated Press that the Navy had sent a fourth warship armed with ballistic missiles into the eastern Mediterranean Sea but without immediate orders for any missile launch into Syria.

U.S. Navy ships are capable of a variety of military action, including launching Tomahawk cruise missiles, as they did against Libya in 2011 as part of an international action that led to the overthrow of the Libyan government.

Obama remained cautious about getting involved in a war that has killed more than 100,000 people and now includes Hezbollah and al-Qaida. He made no mention of the "red line" of chemical weapons use that he marked out for Syrian President Bashar Assad a year ago and that U.S. intelligence says has been breached at least on a small scale several times since.

"If the U.S. goes in and attacks another country without a U.N. mandate and without clear evidence that can be presented, then there are questions in terms of whether international law supports it — do we have the coalition to make it work?" Obama said Friday. "Those are considerations that we have to take into account."

Obama conceded in an interview on CNN's "New Day" program that the episode is a "big event of grave concern" that requires American attention. He said any large-scale chemical weapons usage would affect "core national interests" of the United States and its allies. But nothing he said signaled a shift toward U.S. action.

U.S. defense officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss ship movements publicly. But if the U.S. wants to send a message to Assad, the most likely military action would be a Tomahawk missile strike, launched from a ship in the Mediterranean.....snip~

Think Obama will go back with taking the Mantle.....Tomahawk Barack?

So none see that Obama is asking our EU partners if we have a coalition to go in? That's what he wants to know. As he already knows he can get the UN Mandate. Plus now he knows all will say lets not put people on the ground. So we can see how those in the UN will go for the Fly Zone Right away. Just to give protection to Syrian Refugees.

Then the Rebels can set up outposts and up some bases to work off of inside Syria.

Does anyone think Putin will actually get in the way here? He does have troops on the ground inside Syria. Plus there is no telling how many Russian Subs are in and around Syria.

So none see that Obama is asking our EU partners if we have a coalition to go in? That's what he wants to know. As he already knows he can get the UN Mandate. Plus now he knows all will say lets not put people on the ground. So we can see how those in the UN will go for the Fly Zone Right away. Just to give protection to Syrian Refugees.

Then the Rebels can set up outposts and up some bases to work off of inside Syria.

Does anyone think Putin will actually get in the way here? He does have troops on the ground inside Syria. Plus there is no telling how many Russian Subs are in and around Syria.

Russia will end up helping the Americans remove Assad, especially if the chemical weapons claims use of the Syrian government are proven or even perhaps un-falsified. They are already supporting a UN mandate and with things the way they are it wont be long before proof arrives. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended being a joint task force.

Russia will end up helping the Americans remove Assad, especially if the chemical weapons claims use of the Syrian government are proven or even perhaps un-falsified. They are already supporting a UN mandate and with things the way they are it wont be long before proof arrives. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended being a joint task force.

Heya HD :2wave: Yeah, I think the Russians have worked out some arrangement for Tartus.....or have been assured of one. It's clear that the West will find a way to make sure they give Syria to the Sunni.

Btw.....Welcome to the Forums of Debate Politics.
yo2.gif

Heya HD :2wave: Yeah, I think the Russians have worked out some arrangement for Tartus.....or have been assured of one. It's clear that the West will find a way to make sure they give Syria to the Sunni.

Btw.....Welcome to the Forums of Debate Politics.
yo2.gif

Thx, just moved over from another forum, already seem to have met some of your frothier members.

You seem dead against intervention on historical grounds... let me ask you something, what would you see done?

Even though the Russians urged the Syrians to cooperate with the UN.....doesn't mean they accept that Assad is the only one using Chems. 2 Days ago from the Russians.

Russia urged the Syrian government and the United Nations on Thursday to agree on a visit by chemical weapons experts to the site of an alleged gas attack by troops loyal to President Bashar al-Assad that killed hundreds of people.

Russia, Assad's strongest ally during the more-than-two-year-old conflict, has said that civilians were killed by "a homemade rocket loaded with an unidentified chemical agent" and that the attack was likely a provocation by opposition forces meant to place blame on the Syrian president.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Alexander Lukashevich said Syria's position on sending inspectors to the site of the reported attack should be respected but dismissed the suggestion that Russia would object to such an investigation.

"The group of observers are already in place. Such a position was agreed upon in the U.N. Security Council. How can we object? We, quite the opposite, have an interest in the investigation into what happened happen objectively," he said.

"(The United Nations and Syria) have agreed on cooperation in three areas. If there is a need to achieve clarification in this case - and judging by everything, there is - then they need to agree," he told a news conference

Moscow has also demanded that a U.N. investigation into the alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria also look into possible use by rebels.....snip~

Russia: Syria, U.N. should agree on inquiry into alleged chemical attack | Reuters

Thx, just moved over from another forum, already seem to have met some of your frothier members.

You seem dead against intervention on historical grounds... let me ask you something, what would you see done?

I think that if no intervention takes place. That it splits into 3 separate areas. Which then of course all 3 will then want their own autonomy. Their own governments. Which then will still be in opposition of each other. Why jump the gun on any of it.....until we see how things play out. We need to know who were dealing with and not be guessing. Especially if comes to region.

Syria's War Splits Nation into 3 Distinct Regions.....

More than two years into Syria's civil war, the once highly-centralized authoritarian state has effectively split into three distinct parts, each boasting its own flags, security agencies and judicial system.

In each area, religious, ideological and turf power struggles are under way and battle lines tend to ebb and flow, making it impossible to predict exactly what Syria could look like once the combatants lay down their arms. But the longer the bloody conflict drags on, analysts says, the more difficult it will be to piece together a coherent Syrian state from the wreckage.

13e366e0161c8a1a390f6a7067009868.jpg

"There is no doubt that as a distinct single entity, Syria has ceased to exist," said Charles Lister, an analyst at IHS Jane's Terrorism and Insurgency Center. "Considering the sheer scale of its territorial losses in some areas of the country, Syria no longer functions as a single all-encompassing unitarily-governed state."

The geographic dividing lines that have emerged over the past two years and effectively cleft the nation in three remain fluid, but the general outlines can be traced on a map.

Moreover, the opposition movement itself is far from monolithic, and there have been increasing outbursts of infighting between al-Qaida affiliated extremists and moderate rebel groups, as well as between Kurds and rebels of a radical Islamic bent. That violence holds the potential to escalate into a full-blown war among armed opposition factions.

In the north, fighter brigades have set up judicial councils known as Shariah courts that dispense their own version of justice based on Islamic law, including in some cases, executions of captured regime soldiers and supporters.

"While there are shifts in momentum on the battlefield, Bashar Assad, in our view, will never rule all of Syria again," Jay Carney, the White House spokesman, told reporters in Washington last month.

The comments appeared to leave open the possibility that while Assad has lost control over large parts of the country, he may well be able to hang on and even expand his core territory in the future.

Syria's partition into mini-states is an ominous scenario for a country that sits along the Middle East's most turbulent fault lines. Any attempt to create an official breakaway state could trigger a wave of sectarian killings and have dangerous repercussions in a region where many religious, ethnic and tribal communities have separatist aspirations.....snip~

Syria's war splits nation into 3 distinct regions

http://www.debatepolitics.com/middl...ar-splits-nation-into-3-distinct-regions.html

I'll say welcome as well, and hope you enjoy it here.

The time for a third party to get involved in a civil war is before all hell breaks loose. Unless the US and/or the UN is intent on invading Syria and putting in place an interim government and staying in country for the next 20 to 30 years, the chance for outsiders to help is long gone. Syria is basically a lost cause now - all attention should be focussed on Egypt where calmer heads can be found and more peaceful solutions may still be available.

I'll say welcome as well, and hope you enjoy it here.

The time for a third party to get involved in a civil war is before all hell breaks loose. Unless the US and/or the UN is intent on invading Syria and putting in place an interim government and staying in country for the next 20 to 30 years, the chance for outsiders to help is long gone. Syria is basically a lost cause now - all attention should be focussed on Egypt where calmer heads can be found and more peaceful solutions may still be available.

Mornin CJ
yo2.gif
.....yeah that's possible in Egypt once the MB is sent to the 4 winds of the Universe.

But it looks like here Obama is looking to use the terms he did with Libya. Coalition.....UN Mandate.....questions whether international law supports it. Sound familiar? Sounds like code words to me. For all those that are talking the talk. We got a Coalition and a UN Mandate.....and Obama has his evidence. Then it looks like he will jump.

Mornin CJ
yo2.gif
.....yeah that's possible in Egypt once the MB is sent to the 4 winds of the Universe.

But it looks like here Obama is looking to use the terms he did with Libya. Coalition.....UN Mandate.....questions whether international law supports it. Sound familiar? Sounds like code words to me. For all those that are talking the talk. We got a Coalition and a UN Mandate.....and Obama has his evidence. Then it looks like he will jump.

Good afternoon MMC - I think Libya was different simply because the French led the charge in NATO and once NATO agreed to get involved Obama could either follow or try to step to the front of the line - the French still did most of the heavy work, but American firepower and resources made it a lot easier. In Syria, just the Russians and Iranians have an interest in the country and neither of them are going to lead a charge to oust Assad. As a result, I think this goes nowhere.

It's a shame for the Syria people that nothing was done 18 months ago when it might have helped but the world isn't always a fair place.

Good afternoon MMC - I think Libya was different simply because the French led the charge in NATO and once NATO agreed to get involved Obama could either follow or try to step to the front of the line - the French still did most of the heavy work, but American firepower and resources made it a lot easier. In Syria, just the Russians and Iranians have an interest in the country and neither of them are going to lead a charge to oust Assad. As a result, I think this goes nowhere.

It's a shame for the Syria people that nothing was done 18 months ago when it might have helped but the world isn't always a fair place.

Well.....Obama may not have said anything about a red line. But he did say it was Big Grave Concern for us. Has there been any word on how many ships we are sending over?

Well.....Obama may not have said anything about a red line. But he did say it was Big Grave Concern for us. Has there been any word on how many ships we are sending over?

I'm not aware, but the US navy has vessels in close proximity so within several days or weeks, if necessary, I'm sure quit a force could be mustered, but I'm not sure how the Russians, who also have naval assets in the area would react.

I'm not aware, but the US navy has vessels in close proximity so within several days or weeks, if necessary, I'm sure quit a force could be mustered, but I'm not sure how the Russians, who also have naval assets in the area would react.

Well. last count the Russians had over 12 and that was not counting any subs. We hade 4 off the Coast of Spain. Then the 6th is responsible for that area of Operations. I doubt he will send over all of Task force 60.

Moreover he put missiles defense in Turkey and Jordan. Plus I believe he has a ship over by Israel already. Or had one. Don't know if it moved off with sequester.

Well. last count the Russians had over 12 and that was not counting any subs. We hade 4 off the Coast of Spain. Then the 6th is responsible for that area of Operations. I doubt he will send over all of Task force 60.

Moreover he put missiles defense in Turkey and Jordan. Plus I believe he has a ship over by Israel already. Or had one. Don't know if it moved off with sequester.

Hopefully, he's not thinking of moving assets out of the Persian Gulf area.

I know the UK and France have a joint task force in the Med, their was supposed to be a Spanish naval contingent but the tension between the UK and Spain over Gibraltar seems to have stopped the Spanish committing. The UK is sending a couple of squadrons to Cyprus so i imagine that no fly zone may well be up pretty soon... Personally i think morally we should go in, not necessarily with troops on the ground but definitely with support and air power. though my gut tell me it could be a huge mistake. With Egypt teetering, Syria in civil war, Turkey at all out war in the south with rebels, Iraq destabilizing again and even Jordan and Saudi Arabia experiencing mass protests i think the Middle east is a tinder box right now and the first person to touch it is going more than just their hands burnt.

I know the UK and France have a joint task force in the Med, their was supposed to be a Spanish naval contingent but the tension between the UK and Spain over Gibraltar seems to have stopped the Spanish committing. The UK is sending a couple of squadrons to Cyprus so i imagine that no fly zone may well be up pretty soon... Personally i think morally we should go in, not necessarily with troops on the ground but definitely with support and air power. though my gut tell me it could be a huge mistake. With Egypt teetering, Syria in civil war, Turkey at all out war in the south with rebels, Iraq destabilizing again and even Jordan and Saudi Arabia experiencing mass protests i think the Middle east is a tinder box right now and the first person to touch it is going more than just their hands burnt.

Syria has responded back.....also both the Russians and Syrians note the directions and coordinates that this Chemical Homemade rocket came from. So this could be a problem for the Rebels. Despite France sticking their nose in and trying to report on the use of the Chems. The Russians should be watching the French closely as those fools would make **** up on the fly. Looks like Saturday Assad's forces captured some area and some materials.

Syria warns US not to intervene militarily.....

The Syrian government accused rebels of using chemical weapons Saturday and warned the United States not to launch any military action against Damascus over an alleged chemical attack last week, saying such a move would set the Middle East ablaze.

The accusations by the regime of President Bashar Assad against opposition forces came as an international aid group said it has tallied 355 deaths from a purported chemical weapons attack on Wednesday in a suburb of the Syrian capital known as Ghouta

Violence in Syria has already spilled over the past year to Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights. Battle-hardened Hezbollah fighters have joined the combat alongside Assad's forces.

"The basic repercussion would be a ball of fire that would burn not only Syria but the whole Middle East," al-Zoubi said in an interview with Lebanon-based Al-Mayadeen TV. "An attack on Syria would be no easy trip."

In Tehran, Iran's Foreign Ministry Spokesman, Abbas Arakji, warned that an American military intervention in Syria will "complicate matters."

Al-Zoubi blamed the rebels for the chemical attacks in Ghouta, saying that the Syrian government had proof of their responsibility but without giving details. "The rockets were fired from their positions and fell on civilians. They are responsible," he said.

With the pressure increasing, Syria's state media accused rebels in the contested district of Jobar near Damascus of using chemical weapons against government troops Saturday.

State TV broadcast images of plastic jugs, gas masks, vials of an unspecified medication, explosives and other items that it said were seized from rebel hideouts Saturday.

One barrel had "made in Saudi Arabia" stamped on it. The TV report also showed medicines said to be produced by a Qatari-German medical supplies company. Qatar and Saudi Arabia are strong supporters of the Syrian rebels. The report could not be immediately verified.

An army statement issued late Saturday said the discovery of the weapons "is clear evidence that these gangs are using chemical weapons against our people and soldiers with help from foreign sides."

The state news agency said several government troops who took part in the Jobar offensive experienced severe trouble breathing or even "suffocation" after "armed terrorist groups used chemical weapons." It was not clear what was meant by "suffocation," and the report mentioned no fatalities among the troops.

"The Syrian Army achieved major progress in the past days and for that reason, the terrorist groups used chemical weapons as their last card," state TV said. The government refers to rebels fighting to topple Assad as "terrorists."

"Our troops did not suffer body wounds," the officer said. "I believe terrorist groups used special substances that are poisonous in an attempt to affect this advance."

Al-Mayadeen aired interviews with two soldiers hospitalized for possible chemical weapons attack. The two appeared unharmed but were undergoing tests.

"We were advancing and heard an explosion that was not very strong," a soldier said from his bed. "Then there was a strange smell, my eyes and head ached and I struggled to breathe." The other soldier also said he experienced trouble breathing after the explosion.

In Turkey, top Syrian rebel commander Salim Idris told reporters that opposition forces did not use chemical weapons on Saturday and that "the regime is lying.".....snip~

Syria warns US not to intervene militarily

And as we all know.....Idris speaks for all of the opposition. :roll:
sarcasm2.gif

Not only has Syria responded back.....they have agreed to let the UN inspectors in. 9 mins ago. Especially after they came up with a Rebel held position with tools and even a Barrel Stamped from Saudi Arabia.

Syria agrees to UN probe of purported attacks.....

99235f4f7fa6681c3b0f6a706700d119.jpg

In this photo taken on a government organized media tour, Syrian army soldiers are seen deployed in the Jobar neighborhood of Damascus, Syria, Saturday, Aug. 24, 2013. Syrian state media …more accused rebels of using chemical arms on Saturday against government troops trying to storm a contested neighborhood of Damascus, claiming a major army offensive in recent days had forced the opposition fighters to resort to such weapons "as their last card." State TV broadcast images of plastic jugs, gas masks, vials of an unspecified medication, explosives and other items that it said were seized from rebel hideouts. It did not, however, show any video of soldiers reportedly affected by toxic gas in the fighting in the Jobar neighborhood of Damascus

Syrian state media says the government has reached an agreement with the United Nations to allow a U.N. team of experts to visit the site of last week's alleged chemical weapons attack.

The purported chemical attack that activists say killed hundreds of civilians in rebel-held areas around Damascus took place on Wednesday, Aug. 21.....snip~

Syria agrees to UN probe of purported attacks

Activists said the Syrian Army did this.....this means in English. The Syrian Rebels. Despite the MS Media keeping to using other terminology.

Sunday Hagel said we are ready to take action. :doh

Once again A Senior official leaks out information.....yet we get no name. Who is this Senior Administration Official from Obama's Administration?

U.S. official claims "very little doubt" Syria used chemical weapons.....

A senior administration official said Sunday there is "very little doubt" that a chemical weapon was used by the Syrian regime against civilians in an Aug. 21 incident that killed at least 100 people, but added that the president had not yet decided how to respond. However, the Syrian government has claimed rebels were the ones who used chemical weapons in the incident.

The Syria Foreign Ministry said in a statement broadcast on state television Sunday the Assad regime has agreed to allow U.N. inspectors access to sites in the suburbs of Damascus where alleged chemical attacks occurred, according to Reuters. A U.N. spokesman said the probe will start Monday.

"The Secretary-General has instructed the Mission under Dr. Sellstr?m, currently in Damascus, to focus its attention on ascertaining the facts of the 21 August incident as its highest priority," said a spokesperson for the Secretary-General.

The U.N. team's determination of what happened is a highly sensitive matter because it will likely go a long way towards influencing foreign intervention in Syria's two-year-old civil war that has already claimed an estimated 100,000 lives. The U.N. inspector team, however, will not be determining whom exactly committed the attack.

The senior administration official said the U.S. intelligence community based its assessment given to the White House claiming the Assad regime was responsible for the attack on "the reported number of victims, reported symptoms of those who were killed or injured," and witness accounts. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not authorized to speak publicly.....snip~

U.S. official claims "very little doubt" Syria used chemical weapons - CBS News
CBS 3mins ago <<<<< More here.

Team Obama has decided to move US Warships Closer to Syria.....this would be so that Cruise Missiles can be used if we should need to strike for some reason. If I was the Russians.....I would move in my Ships and set a blockade on the US. Thus putting an end to any US intervention Military Wise. Putin should even inform Obama you fire one cruise missile.....and I will knock it Right out of the Sky. I told you once already.....Don't make me tell you again. You will not be allowed to give Syria to the Sunni Arabs and the MB. Your Move! Course that wont happen as the Russians are wussin out.

I think we will be seeing the same set up as they did with Libya. Since the French are incapable and to incompetent to take Assad on themselves. Pretty much like the Sunni Rebels. Totally incompetent and that's with direct supervision and hands on training. So With a short amount of time. I think the NO Fly Zone Rule will be implemented. Then the West will come in take out Assad forces so that the Sunni Syrian Rebels can continue to commit genocide and be given the country, with their MB backers.

The only way it wont happen.....is if Russia sets a blockade or Puts their Air Force in to Support Assad. Anything short of this. Then We will end up giving Syria to the Sunni on a Silver platter. Which 20 -30 years down the road. We will have to go and take everything back from the Sunni since they will produce their end results. Proving they were always an enemy to Western Civilization.....despite whatever they said out of their mouths. Actions speak louder than words. We have their actions recorded down for all of History.

U.S. naval forces are moving closer to Syria as President Barack Obama considers military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government. The president emphasized that a quick intervention in the Syrian civil war was problematic, given the international considerations that should precede a military strike.

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel declined to discuss any specific force movements while saying that Obama had asked the Pentagon to prepare military options for Syria. U.S. defense officials told The Associated Press that the Navy had sent a fourth warship armed with ballistic missiles into the eastern Mediterranean Sea but without immediate orders for any missile launch into Syria.

U.S. Navy ships are capable of a variety of military action, including launching Tomahawk cruise missiles, as they did against Libya in 2011 as part of an international action that led to the overthrow of the Libyan government.

Obama remained cautious about getting involved in a war that has killed more than 100,000 people and now includes Hezbollah and al-Qaida. He made no mention of the "red line" of chemical weapons use that he marked out for Syrian President Bashar Assad a year ago and that U.S. intelligence says has been breached at least on a small scale several times since.

"If the U.S. goes in and attacks another country without a U.N. mandate and without clear evidence that can be presented, then there are questions in terms of whether international law supports it — do we have the coalition to make it work?" Obama said Friday. "Those are considerations that we have to take into account."

Obama conceded in an interview on CNN's "New Day" program that the episode is a "big event of grave concern" that requires American attention. He said any large-scale chemical weapons usage would affect "core national interests" of the United States and its allies. But nothing he said signaled a shift toward U.S. action.

U.S. defense officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to discuss ship movements publicly. But if the U.S. wants to send a message to Assad, the most likely military action would be a Tomahawk missile strike, launched from a ship in the Mediterranean.....snip~

Think Obama will go back with taking the Mantle.....Tomahawk Barack?

Hhhmm...rooting for ASAD ....rooting for Vldimir Putin. I truly feel people should earn their citizenship status ...and not inherit it by birth....because seriously ...I can find more patriotic non-citizen out there ...than phony people like you.

GO VLADY ....GO ASAD ...yyyeee HAAAWW !!:lamo

Hhhmm...rooting for ASAD ....rooting for Vldimir Putin. I truly feel people should earn their citizenship status ...and not inherit it by birth....because seriously ...I can find more patriotic non-citizen out there ...than phony people like you.

GO VLADY ....GO ASAD ...yyyeee HAAAWW !!:lamo

You must be trying out for a skit on a comedy show Right.
slap2.gif
I'm not rooting for Assad nor Putin. Nor the Sunni Arabs backed by the MB who the Country will be handed over to. Nor Al Nusra......nor AQ. Who are all trying to take out Assad and the Alawites while all wanting to take power.

Try reading up on things before attempting to think for another.

After watching video of a child in convulsions after exposure to that ****, I can no longer give rational opinions on Syria. Thank God I am not in charge. There's just no ****ing route to a positive outcome here. This isn't a band of noble rebels fighting an evil regime, this is dozens of different rebel groups fighting each other as much as they're fighting Assad, and most of them are just as bad as he is. One group has even announced they have no problems using chemical weapons in response, if the world isn't going to stop Assad.

Do nothing, not our business? Allow this kind of horror?
Airstrikes, take out Assad, create a power vacuum and just watch the civil war continue to escalate?
Invade? Throw our own kids into this hellhole, putting them into harms way and probably causing a few war crimes of our own? (because this happens in every war, ever)
Sit there and let the impotent United Nations hem and haw for a couple years and then issue a nonbinding resolution saying chemical weapons are totally uncool?
Arm the rebels, because what a massive civil war needs is more advanced and more devastating weaponry, right?

No path to justice for that little kid that doesn't involve more innocent people dying. I think I'm going to crawl back into bed now. :(

No, Thirty Seconds to Mars, this is war.

After watching video of a child in convulsions after exposure to that ****, I can no longer give rational opinions on Syria. Thank God I am not in charge. There's just no ****ing route to a positive outcome here. This isn't a band of noble rebels fighting an evil regime, this is dozens of different rebel groups fighting each other as much as they're fighting Assad, and most of them are just as bad as he is. One group has even announced they have no problems using chemical weapons in response, if the world isn't going to stop Assad.

Do nothing, not our business? Allow this kind of horror?
Airstrikes, take out Assad, create a power vacuum and just watch the civil war continue to escalate?
Invade? Throw our own kids into this hellhole, putting them into harms way and probably causing a few war crimes of our own? (because this happens in every war, ever)
Sit there and let the impotent United Nations hem and haw for a couple years and then issue a nonbinding resolution saying chemical weapons are totally uncool?
Arm the rebels, because what a massive civil war needs is more advanced and more devastating weaponry, right?

No path to justice for that little kid that doesn't involve more innocent people dying. I think I'm going to crawl back into bed now. :(

No, Thirty Seconds to Mars, this is war.

Not to mention that Al Nusra and others have already stated they wont allow the FSA to set up any Government. They are going to implement Sharia. Which they themselves have the backing of 29 opposition groups and civilian committees. Then there is the Syrian Kurds who are fighting against Al Nusra and their likes.

Then just like in Egypt when the Sunni Rebels get upset and lose. They then go out and massacre and kill Christians just to get back Assad. It looks like Syria is breaking into 3 parts each with their own controlled area.

I say we stay out of it and let them fight it out. In the End see which 3 will Rise up to control which region. We need to know who we are dealing with. Which isn't happening now with Idris and the FSA. The don't can't even lie well or with a straight face.

Last edited:
See how things are ramping up. Iran has drawn a red line. Well since we said we would take action today. Harsh words came back from Iran. Now Iran has told us they have drawn a red line in the sand. We had better not cross it.

Iran warns of 'harsh consequences' if US acts on Syria.....

photo_1377418746353-2-HD.jpg

Graphic outlining possible international …

A war of words erupted Sunday over Syria as Washington said it is ready to take action over chemical weapons attacks and Tehran warned US intervention would carry "harsh consequences".

Pressure mounted on Damascus to allow a UN probe of chemical attacks, with French President Francois Hollande saying evidence indicated the regime in war-ravaged Syria was to blame and Israel demanding action against its neighbour.

The Al-Nusra Front, a fierce Al-Qaeda-linked group fighting the regime of Bashar al-Assad, vowed revenge against villages of the Syrian president's minority Alawite community.

On Sunday a strident warning came from Washington's archfoe Iran.

"If the United States crosses this red line, there will be harsh consequences for the White House," armed forces deputy chief of staff Massoud Jazayeri said.

His comments come a day after Obama held a rare meeting with his top aides and discussed Syria by phone with British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Cameron's office said the two leaders agreed the use of chemical weapons would "merit a serious response" -- echoing French calls.

On a visit to Malaysia, Hagel said the US defence department had prepared "options for all contingencies" at Obama's request.

As Syria and its opponents traded accusations on who used chemicals, the radical Al-Nusra Front vowed punitive action.

"The Alawite villages will pay the price for each chemical rocket that struck our people in Damascus," the group's leader Abu Mohammed al-Jawlani said in an audio message posted online.....snip~

Iran warns of 'harsh consequences' if US acts on Syria

See how things are ramping up. Iran has drawn a red line. Well since we said we would take action today. Harsh words came back from Iran. Now Iran has told us they have drawn a red line in the sand. We had better not cross it.

Iran warns of 'harsh consequences' if US acts on Syria.....

photo_1377418746353-2-HD.jpg

Graphic outlining possible international …

A war of words erupted Sunday over Syria as Washington said it is ready to take action over chemical weapons attacks and Tehran warned US intervention would carry "harsh consequences".

Pressure mounted on Damascus to allow a UN probe of chemical attacks, with French President Francois Hollande saying evidence indicated the regime in war-ravaged Syria was to blame and Israel demanding action against its neighbour.

The Al-Nusra Front, a fierce Al-Qaeda-linked group fighting the regime of Bashar al-Assad, vowed revenge against villages of the Syrian president's minority Alawite community.

On Sunday a strident warning came from Washington's archfoe Iran.

"If the United States crosses this red line, there will be harsh consequences for the White House," armed forces deputy chief of staff Massoud Jazayeri said.

His comments come a day after Obama held a rare meeting with his top aides and discussed Syria by phone with British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Cameron's office said the two leaders agreed the use of chemical weapons would "merit a serious response" -- echoing French calls.

On a visit to Malaysia, Hagel said the US defence department had prepared "options for all contingencies" at Obama's request.

As Syria and its opponents traded accusations on who used chemicals, the radical Al-Nusra Front vowed punitive action.

"The Alawite villages will pay the price for each chemical rocket that struck our people in Damascus," the group's leader Abu Mohammed al-Jawlani said in an audio message posted online.....snip~

Iran warns of 'harsh consequences' if US acts on Syria

Good afternoon MMC - clearly, Iran doesn't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to empty rhetoric. Perhaps Kim in North Korea will chime in next.

Back
Top Bottom