• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Team Obama Moves US Naval Forces Closer to Syria.....

"Say What".....McCain just sided with Obama. You must not have been listening to closely. Try again.

What you still haven't figured out there is no difference between and Neo Cons and Neo Libs......huh? Moreover anytime a Democrat is in the White House means **** always has to be cleaned up behind them from the previous decade.

The only thing that really needs to take place is to make sure the MS media just isn't listening to all the touchy feely Sheep. Who have no business nor the cojones to be telling their Superiors to STFU.

ha-hah-hah......my neighbor said we should attack ASSAD ....is Obama listening to him ttttooooo?

Look at my post buddy...read it again....you right wing goons have always ran around talking fart about foreign policy.
Just because one of them side with the president ...doesn't mean anything.
The fact is Obama isn't listening to them ...and if he ever starts listening to them ...then the country will be in trouble.

So yes ..I know you would like to have it both ways .....you all side with ASSAD and Putin for now ...and after the president takes the right action ....you run around say ...yep ...ONE REPUBLICAN SAID IT was right to intervene. Because after all ....you people will never bring yourselves to say the president was correct in anything....and we all know that.

The right have no vision ...no plans ......no ideas ....they remain eternally stuck in the 19th century....and that's why Obama refuse to listen to your tripe!!:2wave:

ha-hah-hah......my neighbor said we should attack ASSAD ....is Obama listening to him ttttooooo?

Look at my post buddy...read it again....you right wing goons have always ran around talking fart about foreign policy.
Just because one of them side with the president ...doesn't mean anything.
The fact is Obama isn't listening to them ...and if he ever starts listening to them ...then the country will be in trouble.

So yes ..I know you would like to have it both ways .....you all side with ASSAD and Putin for now ...and after the president takes the right action ....you run around say ...yep ...ONE REPUBLICAN SAID IT was right to intervene. Because after all ....you people will never bring yourselves to say the president was correct in anything....and we all know that.

The right have no vision ...no plans ......no ideas ....they remain eternally stuck in the 19th century....and that's why Obama refuse to listen to your tripe!!:2wave:

That's funny.....is your neighbor France. Cuz they are saying the same thing too. :lol:

Yeah Keep telling yourself that.....when ya lose the Senate here in 2014. Then watch how Your Man becomes even more irrelevant.

But I do have to give ya a E for Effort.....for spitting that Democratic Underground BS. :bravo: :bravo:

The Russian do not usually put their hands in dirty jobs. Nor they try to stop USA and west for going down on dirty jobs.
While USA is spending their moneys for other countries, Russia is developing it's Navy.

If USA will intervene in Syria, there will be no benefits for USA, just moneys spent for nothing.
Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, is giving nothing to USA.
There is no peace there, no democracy and it will be impossible to impose the democracy there.

That's funny.....is your neighbor France. Cuz they are saying the same thing too. :lol:

Yeah Keep telling yourself that.....when ya lose the Senate here in 2014. Then watch how Your Man becomes even more irrelevant.

But I do have to give ya a E for Effort.....for spitting that Democratic Underground BS.

The right wing have no ideas ....their basic plan for American is from the 19th century. All you people do today is play games ....games that's no longer fooling anybody. You're going to go against the president's idea ....no matter what it is. When it works ....you slowly creep in and try to find a way to take credit for it.

Loose the senate ...whoa ....LOL....is this coming from the same group who was sssoooo sure Obama would not get a second term? :lamo

Don't tell me you've already forgotten that political whuping!!

Again ...you people have no plans ....no ideas.....you're all minions of Rush Limbaugh and talk radio ......and there is no easier job than to sit on your behind and criticize others!!

The Russian do not usually put their hands in dirty jobs. Nor they try to stop USA and west for going down on dirty jobs.
While USA is spending their moneys for other countries, Russia is developing it's Navy.

If USA will intervene in Syria, there will be no benefits for USA, just moneys spent for nothing.
There is no peace there, no democracy and it will be impossible to impose the democracy there.

No question about it. We need to start leaving other countries alone. What we have been doing is more than stupid. It is tragic.

Heya Coin. :2wave: That's Right.....and it will still split into 3 regions all acting independently from each other. Require all 3 to have governments that will follow UN Mandates. Which will still not stop any sectarian killing by Shia and Sunni. Nor stop weapons from falling into the hands of those whom don't need them.

The right wing have no ideas ....their basic plan for American is from the 19th century. All you people do today is play games ....games that's no longer fooling anybody. You're going to go against the president's idea ....no matter what it is. When it works ....you slowly creep in and try to find a way to take credit for it.

Loose the senate ...whoa ....LOL....is this coming from the same group who was sssoooo sure Obama would not get a second term? :lamo

Don't tell me you've already forgotten that political whuping!!

Again ...you people have no plans ....no ideas.....you're all minions of Rush Limbaugh and talk radio ......and there is no easier job than to sit on your behind and criticize others!!

You have the debating skills of a typical left winger. Do you even understand the topic under discussion?

Iran remains Asad's primary sponsor and a major arms supplier. Syria is the primary conduit for Iran to support Hezbollah in Lebanon.:peace

But that's been going on for years, hasn't it? How do they figure in this civil war, the chemical weapons, the possible loss of their strategic ally, and so on? Tough questions all.

But they do seem to have been rather quiet since this begun, no?

The destruction of the Asad regime would be a significant strategic defeat for Iran and Hezbollah, and is therefore much in the strategic interest of the US.:peace

Good evening 2M

I would agree with you if I thought for a minute that moving into Syria and defeating Assad would lead to a more democratic and friendly administration in Syria and the US/NATO/UN weren't in their babysitting for the next 20 or 30 years to ensure it. Saudi Arabia and other gulf states have more to gain and more to lose in the middle east battles with Iran and Hezbollah - let them keep the proxy war going - you're country has done enough over there.

But that's been going on for years, hasn't it? How do they figure in this civil war, the chemical weapons, the possible loss of their strategic ally, and so on? Tough questions all.

But they do seem to have been rather quiet since this begun, no?

No. They have been very active. Without Iran and Hezbollah, Asad would have already fallen.

Good evening 2M

I would agree with you if I thought for a minute that moving into Syria and defeating Assad would lead to a more democratic and friendly administration in Syria and the US/NATO/UN weren't in their babysitting for the next 20 or 30 years to ensure it. Saudi Arabia and other gulf states have more to gain and more to lose in the middle east battles with Iran and Hezbollah - let them keep the proxy war going - you're country has done enough over there.

We don't have to do anything but help Asad's enemies. No US personnel.:peace

We don't have to do anything but help Asad's enemies. No US personnel.:peace

I think we should just stay the hell away. We have no business being involved in Syria. Assad has been doing a fine job running the country and we have been the destabilizing influence in the entire region and only to the advantage of the OIL corporations. Gee, now Israel doesn't want us to skewer their good buddy Assad or is that the other driving force. In short, we have no business being involved. Although, "War is good business, and business is good."

I think we should just stay the hell away. We have no business being involved in Syria. Assad has been doing a fine job running the country and we have been the destabilizing influence in the entire region and only to the advantage of the OIL corporations. Gee, now Israel doesn't want us to skewer their good buddy Assad or is that the other driving force. In short, we have no business being involved. Although, "War is good business, and business is good."

Assad, via support to Hezbollah, is a major source of instability in the region. His demise is a plus.

Good evening 2M

The most advantageous course of action would have been to intervene years ago by identifying and supporting palatable proxies within the FSA and taking whatever action necessary (far short of invasion) to remove Assad. In so doing Islamist influence would be curbed and our influence in Syria (and those whom we'd prefer to succeed) would increase. The amount of players supporting the rebels (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the GCC, etc) is too much in my opinion for Assad to hope for a final victory in the long run. Doing nothing is tantamount to assisting the Islamists as they become more popular and increase their access to foreign weapons, fighters, and supplies. Our delays and prevarications have cost us significantly, but we can still do something. Just targeting chemical depots and munitions stockpiles could have a tremendous impact on the war effort far beyond the tangible damage. While a surge in support coupled with overt recognition of selected elements in the FSA and making them the sole recipients of foreign military support in conjunction with reenergizing the SNC would have a positive political impact in the post war landscape.

At this point prolonged internecine violence is likely coming to Syria no matter what. Doing nothing is a choice with consequences. For relatively little 'cost' the US can have a tremendous influence and do its best to construct a more positive narrative in Syria.

Team Obama has decided to move US Warships Closer to Syria.....this would be so that Cruise Missiles can be used if we should need to strike for some reason. If I was the Russians.....I would move in my Ships and set a blockade on the US. Thus putting an end to any US intervention Military Wise. Putin should even inform Obama you fire one cruise missile.....and I will knock it Right out of the Sky. I told you once already.....Don't make me tell you again. You will not be allowed to give Syria to the Sunni Arabs and the MB. Your Move! Course that wont happen as the Russians are wussin out.

I think we will be seeing the same set up as they did with Libya. Since the French are incapable and to incompetent to take Assad on themselves. Pretty much like the Sunni Rebels. Totally incompetent and that's with direct supervision and hands on training. So With a short amount of time. I think the NO Fly Zone Rule will be implemented. Then the West will come in take out Assad forces so that the Sunni Syrian Rebels can continue to commit genocide and be given the country, with their MB backers.

The only way it wont happen.....is if Russia sets a blockade or Puts their Air Force in to Support Assad. Anything short of this. Then We will end up giving Syria to the Sunni on a Silver platter. Which 20 -30 years down the road. We will have to go and take everything back from the Sunni since they will produce their end results. Proving they were always an enemy to Western Civilization.....despite whatever they said out of their mouths. Actions speak louder than words. We have their actions recorded down for all of History.

You dislike the President so much that you are upset the Russians aren't using military force to stop the US?

What the **** man, whos side are you on? Also, what kind of ships and missile technology do you think the Russians have that can shoot down our cruise missiles? Do I need to post that link of Robert Gates talking about the cartoonish view of the military so many Republicans have?

The most advantageous course of action would have been to intervene years ago by identifying and supporting palatable proxies within the FSA and taking whatever action necessary (far short of invasion) to remove Assad. In so doing Islamist influence would be curbed and our influence in Syria (and those whom we'd prefer to succeed) would increase. The amount of players supporting the rebels (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the GCC, etc) is too much in my opinion for Assad to hope for a final victory in the long run. Doing nothing is tantamount to assisting the Islamists as they become more popular and increase their access to foreign weapons, fighters, and supplies. Our delays and prevarications have cost us significantly, but we can still do something. Just targeting chemical depots and munitions stockpiles could have a tremendous impact on the war effort far beyond the tangible damage. While a surge in support coupled with overt recognition of selected elements in the FSA and making them the sole recipients of foreign military support in conjunction with reenergizing the SNC would have a positive political impact in the post war landscape.

At this point prolonged internecine violence is likely coming to Syria no matter what. Doing nothing is a choice with consequences. For relatively little 'cost' the US can have a tremendous influence and do its best to construct a more positive narrative in Syria.

I can agree with some of what you've said but it's far too late - as the saying goes, nature hates a vacuum, and failing US leadership to fill the role, a multitude of others have now entered the vacuum to take up the fight against Assad and there's little hope of telling them apart and determining who, exactly, is going to come out on top. Flooding weapons to US friends didn't work out so well in Afghanistan, as I recall, when most of them were used after the Soviets left to fight Americans and in Pakistan. And you can't bomb chemical weapons stocks without the possibility of releasing them and killing untold numbers of innocent people.

It's a giant cluster**** now and I'd rather let the players in the region fight it out and when the dust settles we can deal with whomever's left standing.

You have the debating skills of a typical left winger. Do you even understand the topic under discussion?

Heya G. :2wave: Not to mention he isn't up to much on any facts on this issue. As to who is saying what. Course it is confusing sometimes between those Neo Libs and Neo Cons.

You dislike the President so much that you are upset the Russians aren't using military force to stop the US?

What the **** man, whos side are you on? Also, what kind of ships and missile technology do you think the Russians have that can shoot down our cruise missiles? Do I need to post that link of Robert Gates talking about the cartoonish view of the military so many Republicans have?

I am on the side that says stay the hell out of Syria.....that's the side I am on. If that means the Alleged So called Evil Russians need to puff up their chest to stop us from going in. Then I am all for it. If that means the Russians and Assad pimp-slapping the French with a backhand across their Big mouths to stop Western Intervention. Then I am all for it. As Seriously.....we really need to take a look at. The #1.....The French haven't known what they are talking about for decades. #2. That the French need to stop sticking their noses into others affairs since they don't have the Cojones nor the Capability to take any one on other than a 3 world country.

Like I stated.....if they set up a blockade. Then what is anyone going to do? Not a damn thing. As no one in the West is willing to Start WWIII over some Sunni Muslims asses. Nor over Syria.

If you don't think the Russians can shoot down a cruise missile out of the air. Then you are truly more Naïve. Then I thought.

I am on the side that says stay the hell out of Syria.....that's the side I am on. If that means the Alleged So called Evil Russians need to puff up their chest to stop us from going in. Then I am all for it. If that means the Russians and Assad pimp-slapping the French with a backhand across their Big mouths to stop Western Intervention. Then I am all for it. As Seriously.....we really need to take a look at. The #1.....The French haven't known what they are talking about for decades. #2. That the French need to stop sticking their noses into others affairs since they don't have the Cojones nor the Capability to take any one on other than a 3 world country.

Like I stated.....if they set up a blockade. Then what is anyone going to do? Not a damn thing. As no one in the West is willing to Start WWIII over some Sunni Muslims asses. Nor over Syria.
If you don't think the Russians can shoot down a cruise missile out of the air. Then you are truly more Naïve. Then I thought.

The russians aren't going to start WW3 either.

And please show me what piece of Russian equipment is going to shoot down a cruise missile off the coast of Syria.

The russians aren't going to start WW3 either.

And please show me what piece of Russian equipment is going to shoot down a cruise missile off the coast of Syria.

The Russians don't have to start anything if they set up a blockade. Now who do you think that leaves it on if they don't budge?

Its called the S 300.....and you are aware that Russia has several ships around Tartus.....Correct?

Russia Steps Up Missile Sales to Syria

Not only will Russia make good on delivering advanced S-300 anti-missile batteries and surface-to-air missiles to Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime, it has also provided anti-ship cruise missiles with advanced guidance systems, the New York Times reported on Thursday.

According to the report, an upgraded version of the Yakhont anti-ship missiles is equipped with more advanced radar systems that will effectively prevent any foreign military intervention in Syria.

"It enables the regime to deter foreign forces looking to supply the opposition from sea or from undertaking a more active role if a no-fly zone or shipping embargo were to be declared at some point," the Times quoted IHS Jane's International Defense Review editor-in-chief Nick Brown. "It's a real ship killer."

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal reported that Russia deployed at least a dozen warships to guard its naval base at Syria's Tartus port and provide further deterrence to any foreign intervention in the country's civil war.....snip~

Russia Steps Up Missile Sales to Syria - Inside Israel - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Five Things You Should Know About Syria And Russia’s S-300 Missile System

3BC8275A-BC2D-4528-ACF3-B4EC84F699D2_w640_r1_s.jpg

An S-300 air-defense system seen during a large-scale military exercise in Kazakhstan in 2011

What are the capabilities of the S-300 system?

The S-300 missile system is designed to shoot down aircraft and missiles at a range of 5-to-150 kilometers. That gives it the ability to destroy not only attackers in Syrian airspace but also any attackers inside Israel.

It can track and strike multiple targets simultaneously at altitudes ranging from 10 meters to 27,000 meters.

"The S-300 is Russia's top-of-the-range air-defense system," says Robert Hewson, the London-based editor of "IHS Jane's Air-Launched Weapons." "It is a surface-to-air missile system that's capable of shooting down any modern combat aircraft or missiles, including cruise missiles. In a way, it is the Russian equivalent to the U.S. Patriot system. And what it does for Syria is it adds a whole new level of capability on top of the existing Syrian air defenses. Syria already has a lot of Russian [surface-to-air] missiles, but the S-300 would be the most advanced."

How much would a deployed S-300 system complicate a decision by the international community to create no-fly zones in Syria?

The deployment of the S-300 system would greatly complicate any such measures in Syria.

6672C619-FEA7-4922-9A83-7B7F2BD757BD_w640_s.jpg

A launch of the S-300 air-defense system

Could foreign powers find ways to circumvent the S-300 system if it were deployed?

One way to circumvent air-defense systems is to try to disrupt their operations through electronic techniques rather than attack them directly. But Elleman says it is an open question whether the S-300 could be blocked this way.

"Electronic warfare and spoofing of systems in quite common," he says, "but one must keep in mind that the S-300 is a very sophisticated piece of weaponry. And I am not convinced that the West, Israel, or Turkey could reliably neutralize the system without taking some kind of kinetic action -- in other words, going after some of the radar or some of the interceptors [with force]. So, in terms of circumventing, I think it would be very difficult and very risky." .....snip~

Five Things You Should Know About Syria And Russia

Which doesn't count the Russian's Destroyers that can launch a Cruise missile to take out another. Or any other Anti Missile defense systems. Nor does it count the Mig 35 or 47. Which is alleged to be able to drop in from above the earth's atmosphere.

The Russians don't have to start anything if they set up a blockade. Now who do you think that leaves it on if they don't budge?

Its called the S 300.....and you are aware that Russia has several ships around Tartus.....Correct?

Russia Steps Up Missile Sales to Syria

Not only will Russia make good on delivering advanced S-300 anti-missile batteries and surface-to-air missiles to Syrian President Bashar Assad's regime, it has also provided anti-ship cruise missiles with advanced guidance systems, the New York Times reported on Thursday.

According to the report, an upgraded version of the Yakhont anti-ship missiles is equipped with more advanced radar systems that will effectively prevent any foreign military intervention in Syria.

"It enables the regime to deter foreign forces looking to supply the opposition from sea or from undertaking a more active role if a no-fly zone or shipping embargo were to be declared at some point," the Times quoted IHS Jane's International Defense Review editor-in-chief Nick Brown. "It's a real ship killer."

Meanwhile, the Wall Street Journal reported that Russia deployed at least a dozen warships to guard its naval base at Syria's Tartus port and provide further deterrence to any foreign intervention in the country's civil war.....snip~

Russia Steps Up Missile Sales to Syria - Inside Israel - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

Five Things You Should Know About Syria And Russia’s S-300 Missile System

3BC8275A-BC2D-4528-ACF3-B4EC84F699D2_w640_r1_s.jpg

An S-300 air-defense system seen during a large-scale military exercise in Kazakhstan in 2011

What are the capabilities of the S-300 system?

The S-300 missile system is designed to shoot down aircraft and missiles at a range of 5-to-150 kilometers. That gives it the ability to destroy not only attackers in Syrian airspace but also any attackers inside Israel.

It can track and strike multiple targets simultaneously at altitudes ranging from 10 meters to 27,000 meters.

"The S-300 is Russia's top-of-the-range air-defense system," says Robert Hewson, the London-based editor of "IHS Jane's Air-Launched Weapons." "It is a surface-to-air missile system that's capable of shooting down any modern combat aircraft or missiles, including cruise missiles. In a way, it is the Russian equivalent to the U.S. Patriot system. And what it does for Syria is it adds a whole new level of capability on top of the existing Syrian air defenses. Syria already has a lot of Russian [surface-to-air] missiles, but the S-300 would be the most advanced."

How much would a deployed S-300 system complicate a decision by the international community to create no-fly zones in Syria?

The deployment of the S-300 system would greatly complicate any such measures in Syria.

6672C619-FEA7-4922-9A83-7B7F2BD757BD_w640_s.jpg

A launch of the S-300 air-defense system

Could foreign powers find ways to circumvent the S-300 system if it were deployed?

One way to circumvent air-defense systems is to try to disrupt their operations through electronic techniques rather than attack them directly. But Elleman says it is an open question whether the S-300 could be blocked this way.

"Electronic warfare and spoofing of systems in quite common," he says, "but one must keep in mind that the S-300 is a very sophisticated piece of weaponry. And I am not convinced that the West, Israel, or Turkey could reliably neutralize the system without taking some kind of kinetic action -- in other words, going after some of the radar or some of the interceptors [with force]. So, in terms of circumventing, I think it would be very difficult and very risky." .....snip~

Five Things You Should Know About Syria And Russia

Which doesn't count the Russian's Destroyers that can launch a Cruise missile to take out another. Or any other Anti Missile defense systems. Nor does it count the Mig 35 or 47. Which is alleged to be able to drop in from above the earth's atmosphere.

Firstly, the SA-300 while designed to shoot down a cruise missile has never shot down an American one. Its unproven at best.

Secondly, Syria does not operate the SA-300 and Russia has no land systems in Syria.

Thirdly, the naval base at Tartus is too small to handle the larger Russian ships that carry the naval verison of the SA-300.

Fourthly, the Russian fleet currently only hosts four ships that can operate the SA-300, two are in the North Atlantic Fleet, one in the Black Sea Fleet, and one in the Pacific. Each ship holds about 64 missiles but can only launch 8 at a time, who knows how many its radar can guide at time. And once those 8 are spent whats to keep the US Navy from just firing off another salvo? And once they run out of missiles they have to go back to Russia to rearm.

This whole discussion is crazy, the Russians aren't going to be shooting down US missiles to save Syria.

Firstly, the SA-300 while designed to shoot down a cruise missile has never shot down an American one. Its unproven at best.

Secondly, Syria does not operate the SA-300 and Russia has no land systems in Syria.

Thirdly, the naval base at Tartus is too small to handle the larger Russian ships that carry the naval verison of the SA-300.

Fourthly, the Russian fleet currently only hosts four ships that can operate the SA-300, two are in the North Atlantic Fleet, one in the Black Sea Fleet, and one in the Pacific. Each ship holds about 64 missiles but can only launch 8 at a time, who knows how many its radar can guide at time. And once those 8 are spent whats to keep the US Navy from just firing off another salvo? And once they run out of missiles they have to go back to Russia to rearm.

This whole discussion is crazy, the Russians aren't going to be shooting down US missiles to save Syria.

Well when you get done showing those credentials over those at IHS Jane Review.....then you can talk about how the Russians systems haven't been tested. Moreover last count the Russians have 12 ships at Tartus including a ship to lay mines. Which we have NO intel on where their Subs are or if in Club Med. Also the Russians already have a fleet in Bahrain presently not counting any ships in around Syria.

Also Syria has the S300 so that is a mute point. As well as several other anti missile defense systems.

Also I never said the Russians would shoot down anything.....evidently you have another definition for blockade. It was you that didn't think the Russians had anything that can take out a Tomahawk Cruise Missile. Nor the Syrians. The discussion got crazy once you kept changing the tangents.

Report: Russia Sent Syria Super-Advanced S-300 Missiles

A report Thursday said that Russia has supplied Syria with advanced S-300 missiles, and has sent advisers to help Syria run the system.

Russian warships that have reached waters off Syria in recent days were carrying, among other things, Russian technical advisors who will help the Syrians set up an array of S-300 missiles Damascus has received in recent weeks, a report in the London-based Arabic language Al Quds-Al Arabi said Thursday. Citing sources in Syria and Russia, the paper said that Moscow sees a Western attack on Syria as a “red line” that it will not tolerate.

Along with the missiles, the report says that Russia has installed advanced radar systems in all key Syrian military and industrial installations. The radar system also covers areas north and south of Syria, where it will be able to detect movement of troops or aircraft towards the Syrian border. The radar targets include much of Israel, as well as the Incirlik military base in Turkey, which is used by NATO.

The S-300 system is regarded as one of the most potent anti-aircraft missile systems available. The system's radar is able to simultaneously track up to 100 targets while engaging up to 12. Deployment time for the S-300 is five minutes, and they have a very long life span, with no maintenance needed.....snip~

Report: Russia Sent Syria Advanced S-300 Missiles - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News

Looks like the Russians won't need to.....should any attempt attack Syria.

"Team Obama" that's rich!! :lamo

Heya Woodman. :2wave: Yeah.....but don't forgets Johnny Quest McCain is coming off the Bench to take one for the Team. :lol:

The Russians have Responded.....Finally!

Russia: No proof Syria govt behind chemical strike

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Western nations calling for military action against Syria have no proof that the Syrian government is behind the alleged chemical weapons attack.

Lavrov said in a televised news conference on Monday that the countries calling for action "cannot provide evidence" of the chemical weapons attack , and have assumed the role of "both investigators and the U.N. Security Council" in probing the incident.

Lavrov blamed Syrian opposition for manipulating reports of the attack in order to derail a peace conference on Syria.

Russia: No proof Syria govt behind chemical strike
Associated Press – 18 mins ago <<<<<

Back
Top Bottom