• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teachers, parents, how do you feel about reopening schools?

Parrish

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Teachers, would you rather teach online? Parents, do you want your your children to return to school?

Teachers, parents, how do you feel about reopening schools?

not before testing is available for everyone. i'm not sending my wife and kid into that kind of danger for the ego of an idiot.

not before testing is available for everyone. i'm not sending my wife and kid into that kind of danger for the ego of an idiot.

You can't keep your kid's prisoners at home. They need to grow, learn and interact with other kids.

Does you family stay shut in now? Are you having any contact outside the home? If you are then you need to stop holding a separate standard for political reasons.

Teachers, would you rather teach online? Parents, do you want your your children to return to school?

Yes, I want my children to return to school (and they do too). Collaboration with other students and significant events (e.g. prom, award ceremonies, parades, sporting events, etc.) provide a well rounded experience for students as they enter adult hood. There are several other challenges with virtual schooling including: reaching "at-risk" students with a high probability of dropping out, social interactions, low-engagement and not having a parent figure that invests the time to help.

A common scenario: Have you ever been in a class where you were afraid to ask a "stupid question," and one of your peers just happened to ask the same question?

Schools, which are breeding grounds for infectious diseases, will, and should, be the last thing to open.

You can't keep your kid's prisoners at home. They need to grow, learn and interact with other kids.

yeah, licking toys with other kids during a pandemic isn't in my kid's future if i have anything to say about it. good luck to your precious, and by good luck, i mean that i hope that he's voted right the **** out in November.

Does you family stay shut in now? Are you having any contact outside the home? If you are then you need to stop holding a separate standard for political reasons.

i'm an essential worker, so i'm the one going out. my employer is keeping me reasonably safe.

yeah, licking toys with other kids during a pandemic isn't in my kid's future if i have anything to say about it. good luck to your precious, and by good luck, i mean that i hope that he's voted right the **** out in November.

What is your plan for all the private businesses in America which are going broke, firing employees and facing bankruptcy, foreclosures and a bleak future along with their employees.

If Trump told you not to send your kids to school would you do the opposite?

Lets get em!

Little kids get sick all the time. Did your kids get the chickenpox yet? They should get it because it is deadly to get the pox as an adult. It is best to expose your kids to multiple viruses and diseases at a young age so they will grow up to be healthy adults.

What is your plan for all the private businesses in America which are going broke, firing employees and facing bankruptcy, foreclosures and a bleak future along with their employees.

maybe let them raid the treasury after the hyper-rich are sated.

Little kids get sick all the time. Did your kids get the chickenpox yet? They should get it because it is deadly to get the pox as an adult. It is best to expose your kids to multiple viruses and diseases at a young age so they will grow up to be healthy adults.

i got chicken pox as an adult. as for the rest, no thanks. have a great night, and stay safe.

Keep schools closed until they are 95% safe frim kung flu infection.

That being said, the two kids I have left in school are responding better to home schooling than they did when they went to the school house. If they keep it up, they won't ever go back to the school house.

My school is a bit different than most... we already were teaching online courses in most subjects... certainly mine.

So what we are doing now is essentially the same, just from home instead of the class. We meet students in Zoom meetings instead of at their desk. We are one of the few schools in New Zealand (and I mean two or three) and in Aussie and CA as far as I can tell, that was well prepared for this. That said, we are also losing a lot of students who are now able to "hide" and not come online. They do not do their work and there is no accountability... and with districts the world over deciding that maybe grades will not count, or that kids can not be held back because of this crisis, teachers and principals do not know how to get the kids engaged. Anyway... that was a bit of a ramble...

I would like school to re-open. I volunteered to go in to supervise students that will be returning due to us moving from Level 4 to Level 3. More parents going back to work means more younger students need to be at school. I also want my daughters to get back into school. One is a Senior and needs her credits/grades because she wants to go to medical school. that is pretty serious. She needs those classes.

Anyway... we are all going to die when the COVID returns, the sea levels submerge us all and ISIS comes back.

send your kids to school.

no thanks. i'll wait until someone even marginally competent is calling the shots. until then, that's me.

no thanks. i'll wait until someone even marginally competent is calling the shots. until then, that's me.

That sounds extreme. How is that different from those parents that don't want their children to be exposed to drugs and sex so they homeschool them.

Have you actually asked your kids to see what they want to do?

I teach at a university, but yes, schools should absolutely be reopened. Education "delivered remotely" is pedagogically worthless for many students.

What a disgustingly insensitive post. Maybe you should increase your level of respect for human life before posting crap like that again. :thumbdown

Didn't know your kids lick toys. Is that something that's taught? My kids never did that. Interesting school and way of parenting.

What a disgustingly insensitive post. Maybe you should increase your level of respect for human life before posting crap like that again. :thumbdown

No respect for human life being locked up for months.

Back
Top Bottom