• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teachers outline for parents their respond to the Dont Say Gay bill.

This is the worst hill for modern liberalism to die on, and it was fairly naive to conclude that conservatism would not respond.

All things considered we should not even be at this point with so many other sociological and/or economic issues to contend with. Comes off as an intentional distraction.

This is the worst hill for modern liberalism to die on, and it was fairly naive to conclude that conservatism would not respond.

All things considered we should not even be at this point with so many other sociological and/or economic issues to contend with. Comes off as an intentional distraction.

I could agree more. So why are Republican legislatures consumed with making stupid laws about this shit?

The the right- wing anger here towards teachers that don't want to be shackled is impressive if not a little disconcerting. Why so much hatred towards teachers and gays? Why expand government power against them?

OK. Stay in the choir and let's keep Progressives from taking over the country.
Keep listening to Ben Shapiro, Michael Knowles, and Matt Walsh and we will all be fine.
Who are they? Minor cult leaders?

That's why it's a cult. I look inward for answers, not to a cult leader or his minions.

You're missing the bigger point here, which is that the right wing is using schools as an ideological battleground. They're not concerned with education; they're concerned with using public education as a political wargame and battlefield. It's the kind of thing you see an culture that's more interested in brainwashing than educating.
And yet you are perfectly fine with the left using schools as an ideological battleground. Just as you are fine with brainwashing as long as it’s the ideology you support.

A law that says a topic will not be taught isn’t brainwashing. Brainwashing would be the opposite.

There is absolutely no reason that 1st graders need to be taught about transgender issues.

And with as poorly as our schools are doing compared to other nations perhaps we should have our public schools focus on stem materials and not social issues.

Last edited:
Except that this is hardly the case. People in education are all over the ideological spectrum themselves and are typically quite representative of the communities in which they teach. But to a conservative hammer, everything sticking out of the ground seems like a liberal nail I guess...
Lol. No the majority of people in education are left of center. Pretending otherwise is just silly. But you can continue to ignore reality just for as long as you wish. Just don’t expect others to along with your nonsense.

But please continue pretending it’s the rights fault for the problems with a system run by the left. It’s good for a laugh.

There is no way this supposed letter is legit and being sent to teachers.

That said, the law in question is idiotic and unnecessary in that it "fixes" a problem that doesn't exist.

Much like CRT is supposedly being taught to indoctrinate white kids to hate themselves, this bill was a solution in search of a problem. All to appease the radical right who is compelled to be outraged about something at all times.

And yet you are perfectly fine with the left using schools as an ideological battleground. Just as you are fine with brainwashing as long as it’s the ideology you support.

A law that says a topic will not be taught isn’t brainwashing. Brainwashing would be the opposite.

There is absolutely no reason that 1st graders need to be taught about transgender issues.

And with as poorly as our schools are doing compared to other nations perhaps we should have our public schools focus on stem materials and not social issues.

If local teachers, administrators, school board members, and other stakeholders collaborate and decide it's not appropriate to teach kids why some of their classmates have two mommies or two daddies, I don't see the problem. There was never a state law requiring schools to teach 'the gay agenda' - those decisions were made locally in most cases.

By contrast, the law in question represents a legislative act that's basically removing the power of schools to work with parents to decide how best to approach these sensitive issues. The Florida legislature, acting on the request of ideological activists, decided to issue a statewide dictum to schools. Since I rather doubt you understand my point, I'll try to break down my objections:

1. A state legislature is telling all schools how to approach a sensitive social issue without consulting parents, teachers, and others who are directly involved (weren't Republicans at one time the party of 'local control' and 'less government'?)

2. The law is the product of religious ideological lobbying efforts, which should scare the shit out of anyone with half a brain and who appreciates living in a free society.

We also don't teach K-3 how to put a condom on a banana. Does that mean they can't have bananas at breakfast or lunch?

There should be no instruction about sexual identity, etc. The word instruction has meaning. Legal meaning, too, in education law.

If local teachers, administrators, school board members, and other stakeholders collaborate and decide it's not appropriate to teach kids why some of their classmates have two mommies or two daddies, I don't see the problem. There was never a state law requiring schools to teach 'the gay agenda' - those decisions were made locally in most cases.

By contrast, the law in question represents a legislative act that's basically removing the power of schools to work with parents to decide how best to approach these sensitive issues. The Florida legislature, acting on the request of ideological activists, decided to issue a statewide dictum to schools. Since I rather doubt you understand my point, I'll try to break down my objections:

1. A state legislature is telling all schools how to approach a sensitive social issue without consulting parents, teachers, and others who are directly involved (weren't Republicans at one time the party of 'local control' and 'less government'?)

2. The law is the product of religious ideological lobbying efforts, which should scare the shit out of anyone with half a brain and who appreciates living in a free society.
There is absolutely no reason a state can’t come to the same conclusion that local school boards can reach. You just don’t like it because you prefer your version of brainwashing.

And no individual teachers should not be deciding this as to many are swayed by their own bias one way out the other.

1 You have absolutely zero idea who the state legislators consulted. You are just making that up.

2 No one should be scared by the things you make up.

You formally being a teacher is proof positive of why this decision should not be determined by individual teachers. It’s clear your bias is out weighing reality.

There is zero reason that public schools need to be teaching 3rd grade and under students about transgender or gay issues. Especially as US schools continue their downhill slide. But as you have proven it’s more about ideology then education.

We also don't teach K-3 how to put a condom on a banana. Does that mean they can't have bananas at breakfast or lunch?

There should be no instruction about sexual identity, etc. The word instruction has meaning. Legal meaning, too, in education law.
Exactly.
And if that letter actually was written by a teacher then he or she should be banned from teaching as they are either to stupid or to biased to be teaching kids.
Saying you can’t have a block of instruction on gender issues does not mean it is illegal to call a girl by a female pronoun.

There is absolutely no reason a state can’t come to the same conclusion that local school boards can reach. You just don’t like it because you prefer your version of brainwashing.

Why have local schoolboards then? At least my "brainwashing" is consistent, unlike the average conservative's.

And no individual teachers should not be deciding this as to many are swayed by their own bias one way out the other.

Individual teachers are probably not the ones deciding it; it's probably in collaboration with other stakeholders, including parents. Ron Desantis should override parents'? Is that it now?

1 You have absolutely zero idea who the state legislators consulted. You are just making that up.

I have a pretty good idea based on the nature of the law itself.

2 No one should be scared by the things you make up.

Ah, so we're down to baseless accusations of lying now.

Braindrain, your user handle is most certainly apropos. Have fun arguing with yourself.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel better now, lol?
About sick ****s targeting children? Not particularly. I understand why that brings you peace and not a little bit of excitement though.

Should children of gay parents be denied books in the library that have families like theirs?

If little Timmie asks questions about fellow classmate little Susie having two moms, how should the teacher respond? Should little Susie be able to talk about her family in classroom discussions?

If little Timmie asks questions about fellow classmate little Susie having two moms, how should the teacher respond? Should little Susie be able to talk about her family in classroom discussions?

Well, I would respond by simply saying that she gets to have two moms. Of course she can talk about her family. Neither of these is "instruction".

I'm sure for decades and decades and decades teachers were not allowed to talk about interracial couples in the classroom.

And I'm sure for decades and decades and decades those little kids grew up being ashamed of their own parents.

Please keep up this lunacy progressives... Keep acting like the children you teach and it's not going to end well for you.

People, regular ordinary people from both sides of the political fence and all across the country are becoming fed up with all this far left progressive bullshit. You all have taken this identity politics, cancel culture, race-card crap too far and come November you all are going to suffer the consequences.

Your choice to shit on women by supporting biological men competing in women's sports just wasn't enough for you all was it? You had to make sure as many people as possible walked away from progressivism and the democratic party, so for the second time in less than a year, when you all had a chance to side with parents and their children, you chose once again to side with those trying to indoctrinate our children. The first time cost you the state of Virginia and damaged you heavily in New Jersey, but that's nothing compared to what's coming in the 2022 mid-terms.

So like I said, keep it up and we'll see you in November.

And then the nation will become the autocratic nation that people on the right want. Maybe you will start jailing gays again as they did in the past. I guess that will make the right wingers happy.

And the law prohibits DISCUSSION, not just instruction...

prohibiting classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity in certain grade levels or in a specified manner;

Talking about having 2 moms isn’t a discussion about sexual orientation. Talking about how the two moms sleep in the same room, kiss, etc. would be. There’s no reason to have a class discussion about what any of the parents do romantically or sexually.

Talking about having 2 moms isn’t a discussion about sexual orientation. Talking about how the two moms sleep in the same room, kiss, etc. would be. There’s no reason to have a class discussion about what any of the parents do romantically or sexually.

It isn't? How is having two moms not a discussion about sexual orientation? If little Timmie asks little Susie if her moms kiss what should the teacher do?

If any teachers try and teach about or discuss with children from K-3rd grade anything relating to sexual orientation or gender identity, parents should sue the school district. It is highly inappropriate for anyone except parents to discuss such things with children that young.

The outrage from the far left over this law just confirms what many of us have believed for a long time now... That their goal is in fact to indoctrinate children into their leftist ideology, and they resent anyone who dares stand in their way.

How many parents will discuss such things with their children, not. Why do we have sex ED in schools, because parent have pushed it off on the schools as they are too embarrassed to do so at home. And now it has become the GOP's only policy other than tax cuts for the wealthy, social issues that are meaningless. And if you do not think that children that young do not ask questions, then you do not know any teachers. Now if Florida if a teacher actually answers any such question, they get sued by some evangelical. Notice I do not call them a Christian or capitalize the word as they are neither.

The problem is that children this young will ask such questions of their teachers if they see it. Now teachers can only say, NO COMMENT.

Back
Top Bottom