• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teachers Having sex with Students Thread

whats REALLY scary is some of these 15 - 16 year olds look like they are in their early 20s.

A good test for that is to ask them to talk longer than 10 seconds. Their mental capacity might give them away!

As far as I am concerned teachers should leave their personal lives outside the school.

The students shouldn't know where they live, celebrate birthdays with them or anything else on the personal side.

They should see their students as a product and nothing else.

Were there not enough bars around town for this woman?

See, I agree with that statement, but I just don't think that the word "minor" makes a difference. It's the authority that makes it wrong, not the age.

I'm not quite sure people realize but it is a sexual offense, registrable offense, for a college professor to have sex with one (or more) of their adult students. It is the abuse of authority that makes it a sex crime. So a college professor having sex with the senior quarterback can find herself on the sex offender registry, banned from going near elementary schools, for sleeping with someone who long ago turned 18. In fact, the professor can be older or younger than the student, and the sexual encounter is against the law.

Not EVERYTHING has to do with age. It can, and does, also have to do with one being an authority figure over the other.

A good test for that is to ask them to talk longer than 10 seconds. Their mental capacity might give them away!

My neice just turned 17 and scored highest in the state of GA on the college entrance exams. She was recognized at her school by some very famous person about her accomplishments. She's been taking advanced college courses since she was 15. Her IQ is estimated to be about 150. She never uses the word "like" in a sentence except where it should be used. But....she looks her age pretty much, at least I think so. Her boyfriend was just awarded the Bill Gates award, a very prestigious award that fully pays for his college through his doctorate, to any college of his choice.

My point: Not all teen girls look OR SOUND their age. Same for teen boys.

Last edited:
Holy crap, I think I know that guy.

The problem with today's American law and Psychiatric Assessment is that they have called just about every one in our families from 50 years and before a criminal and paedophile. You all can call your grandfathers and grandmothers such a sickening and perverted term, but I'm not in on this one with you.

As if there has been some sort of intellectual enlightenment! Tsst! These students are 17 and 18, it's just another witch-hunt mentality. I'm just not willing to jump on the boat and condemn the human race all the way up to this point. I think there is something inherently wrong with today's thinking when it comes to sex. A bunch of self-proclaimed prudes, but really just closet perverts. Pervert by their own definition, not mine, but perverted because they think it's weird, when this article shouldn't be.

ANOTHER one!!!! :golf

'Deeply embarrassed': 28-year-old private school teacher is accused of sexually molesting 14-year-old student

Accused: 'Well-respected' San Jose private school teacher Colette Phelps, 28, is accused of molesting a student, 14

Read more: Teacher Colette Phelps, 28, accused of sexually molesting student, 14 | Mail Online

that pitiful 14 year old kid
how did he survive the trauma
Mr Clark said he would present evidence that Phelps had a medical issue that could have played a part in the alleged abuse.
i am guessing she had a medical marijuana perscription and it made her as horney as hell

It is criminal and embarrassing Noodle, but perhaps our ability to continuously grab these stories into headlines as fast as we can get them is also allowing some of us to think this is a developing epidemic.

It is criminal and embarrassing Noodle, but perhaps our ability to continuously grab these stories into headlines as fast as we can get them is also allowing some of us to think this is a developing epidemic.

How many people in this country are currently enrolled in the public schools? It's a lot less embarrassing when you take the whole picture into account.

The males obviously wanted it. I'm certain they still would have done it even after they turned 18. There are no signs of rape or suggestion, why is there a problem? Because of an age number?

Judging based on age is a silly, lazy method of attempting to prevent abuse or exploitation by others, substances, or foolishness. There are plenty of people over 20 that are probably less mature and responsible when these kids. Yet we as society assume the magic numbers the government pulls out it's ass, which have no scientific base (take alcohol for example, the parts of the brain it impairs are not mature until 25 in women and 29 in men), suddenly cause someone to become responsible enough to handle the substance, sex, whatever. As soon as these kids turn 18 they will magically be mature enough to sleep with anyone, right?

The males obviously wanted it. I'm certain they still would have done it even after they turned 18. There are no signs of rape or suggestion, why is there a problem? Because of an age number?

Judging based on age is a silly, lazy method of attempting to prevent abuse or exploitation by others, substances, or foolishness. There are plenty of people over 20 that are probably less mature and responsible when these kids. Yet we as society assume the magic numbers the government pulls out it's ass, which have no scientific base (take alcohol for example, the parts of the brain it impairs are not mature until 25 in women and 29 in men), suddenly cause someone to become responsible enough to handle the substance, sex, whatever. As soon as these kids turn 18 they will magically be mature enough to sleep with anyone, right?

after reading your post i wondered what methodology you would instead use to keep a minor from being sexually exploited
rather than wondering, i am now asking you to tell us what would be a better way of preventing such sexual exploitation

You would think she would know than do this in the first place.

As a once young man I'll be damned if I would ever tell anyone and sure as hell won't not ever complaint about her or rat her out.

She was a dumb-ass for the E-mail.

Won't disagree with this, but the way most boys are, she would have eventually got caught.

I actually went to a school where this happened, and it was really messed up. The teacher had a son in the school that was about the age of the boy she was caught having sex with. These two boys once got in a fight in front of my friend Nick, and said they were basically fighting about the scandal. The one was rubbing it in the son's face that he slept with his mom... He was kind of going around bragging about it. That really angered her son... Nick told me about it because he thought the whole thing was funny.

She's a gym teacher. It gives a whole new meaning to "Physical Education."

I used to think that most of the women gym teachers were lesbians, because they usually looked kind of manly... so this story gives me a new perspective in many ways.

I know this is not going to win any friends, but here it goes...

I'd like to bring up a point. She looks fat. Should fat people be teaching gym? Even if she is not fat, the question remains. I thought she would be some hot "gym teacher" and I could play the jealous narrative, but this is what I got.

FTR, I don't hate fat people. I'm just sayin'

I don't think she looks fat...

I had a foray with my math teacher when I 16. It was quite enjoyable.

ok... well, I am kind of concerned this might happen more than we know now.

This fat man would like a word with you.

Roy-Nelson-2.jpg

Ultimate fighter... Yeah, sure, if it's heart failure he is ultimate fighting.

after reading your post i wondered what methodology you would instead use to keep a minor from being sexually exploited
rather than wondering, i am now asking you to tell us what would be a better way of preventing such sexual exploitation

When cases like this are brought to court, judge the maturity of the students, whether they are informed enough about sex (family life), and if they were manipulated into having sex. You could do this by giving them examples of situations where they need to make a decision and asking what they'd do in that situation, asking their peers and teachers about that student's level of maturity, taking their actions from the near past into account, etc. There are many ways to judge whether or not a person is mature enough, well informed enough (by the age of 15 they've all sat through multiple years of family life), and not manipulated into sex (was she giving them good grades for sex, money for sex, etc).

If we were to judge maturity, how well someone is informed, and whether or not they were manipulated we wouldn't need these silly laws requiring one to be a certain age to do something. Instead of letting everyone over 21 buy alcohol, we could keep the irresponsible people from doing it, regardless of how old they are, while at the same time allowing responsible people under 21 the priveledge. It would encourage responsability and maturity. Age limits on sex and alcohol have done little to stop people underage from using them and they still allow irresponsible people over the age limit to do them (one study found that only 1 in 500 cases of underage drinking result in arrest).

Other countries, such as Japan, have a very low age of consent (13). You don't see rampant exploitation because the people there are for the most part educated enough, and responsible enough to handle it. ALL Americans under 21 are not irresponsible with alcohol. ALL Americans under 18 are not irresponsible and easily manipulated when it comes to sex. Why do we assume ALL Americans are? Because the government decided to pull a number out of thin air?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom