• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teacher had young girl pose in lingerie, planned to sell her in Morocco, Texas cops say

She should have been terminated like any one of us in that circumstance...Contain your own BS.
No point in chastising others because of your own ignorance of US laws.

Why? How is her job deserving of more protection than yours or mine? I would think that her dismissal would be a no brainer, considering that she was trying to sell an underage family member for sex....

As for her not endangering anyone in the meantime, again she was trying to sell a family member for sex, how do you know she isn't endangering anyone?

How is her job more protected than mine? (I dont know what you do). How is it being handled any differently than in other cases or professions?

Should people be automatically fired when accused? Or convicted? Or at least charged with a preponderance of evidence.

Oh really? whom else is protected like that?

Most employees. Certainly city employees, corporate employees.

At will employees could be fired but if they are falsely accused they can still file wrongful dismissal suits.

And why would a business fire an employee if not necessary? That's more $$ to find, hire, and train someone new.

Most employees. Certainly city employees, corporate employees.

City employees while not all, are generally union. Corporate employees may have contracts but, I'm pretty sure there are morals clauses in there that would allow them to let someone like this go, with this kind of charge against them...And if not, good luck suing them, that takes money.

At will employees could be fired but if they are falsely accused they can still file wrongful dismissal suits.

Nope, just dead wrong about that...At will, means just that....At will.

And why would a business fire an employee if not necessary? That's more $$ to find, hire, and train someone new.

There are a myriad of reasons to not continue to employee that is charged with trying to traffic her family member for sex...Are you kidding?

Administrative leave? WTF! Why is this person still employed as a Teacher with access to young children?

The key word here is "accused." Maybe that's why.

Practically everyone. Ask your local human resources director what it takes to fire someone.

Mine? I work for a trucking company in a right to work state....It literally takes nothing for them to fire me...

They didn't post it here. You did.

You said it was in the link that I posted in the OP. I don't control what that news outlet links to, nor do I control what that school district puts up as public information...Your attempt here to blame that on me is misguided, or just straight out lying.

Kavanaugh? He wasn't....That didn't stop liberals from saying he was guilty.

I assume he did the deed. She testified credibly.

You said it was in the link that I posted in the OP. I don't control what that news outlet links to, nor do I control what that school district puts up as public information...Your attempt here to blame that on me is misguided, or just straight out lying.

I'm just saying you posted her contact information here. Do you not check what you're linking to when you post? You should. It's up to you to take responsibility for what you publsh on the internet and where you put it.
As for me lying, well, give your friggin' head a shake and man up. Take some damned responsibility for what you do. I don't care, not much anyway, and that contact number has most likely been canceled but you ****ed up putting it here. You can admit your mistake or blame who pointed it out to you. Up to you.
Nah, it's someone else's fault, right? It's the school's fault. They shouldn't have made it possible for you to publish that 'phone number wherever you want. We all know what kinds of idiots, delinquents and pervs have internet access.

City employees while not all, are generally union. Corporate employees may have contracts but, I'm pretty sure there are morals clauses in there that would allow them to let someone like this go, with this kind of charge against them...And if not, good luck suing them, that takes money.

Nope, just dead wrong about that...At will, means just that....At will.

There are a myriad of reasons to not continue to employee that is charged with trying to traffic her family member for sex...Are you kidding?

Nope, not union at all. Parks and rec? Zookeepers, janitors, all sorts of administrators, etc etc etc. Nope.

And as a corp employee for many years (various corps), nope, you are wrong about that too.

You really post about alot of **** you know little about, dont you?

These employers generally pull employees out of the workplace, on paid leave, until the issues are investigated and at least charges filed.

It's called 'innocent until proven guilty' and altho that's not the law for businesses...it saves millions is lawsuits.

Administrative leave? WTF! Why is this person still employed as a Teacher with access to young children?

Probably because she has not been convicted....yet.
...but still, you have a valid point. She should be removed from contact with kids until her court case is decided. (as a precaution)

Mine? I work for a trucking company in a right to work state....It literally takes nothing for them to fire me...

LOL, and you good ole boys think that's a good thing. :lamo
The very term itself "Right to Work" is downright Orwellian.

If that's literally true, then you need a union before your boss finds some young buck who will do the job for less money.

Two words DUE PROCESS . She no longer has access to small children. I'm sure as soon as she is convicted or pleads guilty she will be terminated. Or as soon as she has gone trough the school's due process procedure she will be terminated.

I'm just saying you posted her contact information here. Do you not check what you're linking to when you post? You should. It's up to you to take responsibility for what you publsh on the internet and where you put it.
As for me lying, well, give your friggin' head a shake and man up. Take some damned responsibility for what you do. I don't care, not much anyway, and that contact number has most likely been canceled but you ****ed up putting it here. You can admit your mistake or blame who pointed it out to you. Up to you.
Nah, it's someone else's fault, right? It's the school's fault. They shouldn't have made it possible for you to publish that 'phone number wherever you want. We all know what kinds of idiots, delinquents and pervs have internet access.
Nope, didn't click the extraneous links....but, I would say, that after looking at what you are trying so hard to link me too here, is a work contact number that I'm pretty sure would be inactive upon her suspension....in short, you're just making noise, attacking me with bs, because you don't care for the embarrassing story of another educator....

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

If that's literally true, then you need a union before your boss finds some young buck who will do the job for less money.
Nah, I don't believe in unions. If our owners wanted to push out experienced veteran drivers like myself, that would be pretty stupid, considering the severe shortage of drivers that exist now...plus, because of said shortage, I'd have a job before I got to my driveway at the house, probably for more money.

Two words DUE PROCESS . She no longer has access to small children. I'm sure as soon as she is convicted or pleads guilty she will be terminated. Or as soon as she has gone trough the school's due process procedure she will be terminated.
Let's hope so.

Nope, didn't click the extraneous links....but, I would say, that after looking at what you are trying so hard to link me too here, is a work contact number that I'm pretty sure would be inactive upon her suspension....in short, you're just making noise, attacking me with bs, because you don't care for the embarrassing story of another educator....

Nope. I didn't attack you. I simply asked why you posted her contact information. It was a mistake, fine with me. Personally, I wouldn't post a link if I don't know where it goes but whatever.
And why you think a story about "another educator" (do you think I'm a teacher?) would bother me is beyond me.

Nah, I don't believe in unions. If our owners wanted to push out experienced veteran drivers like myself, that would be pretty stupid, considering the severe shortage of drivers that exist now...plus, because of said shortage, I'd have a job before I got to my driveway at the house, probably for more money.

Sounds like you're secure until someone perfects the self driving truck.

One is innocent until proven guilty. And sometimes is innocent even after found guilty.

Don't want to give much detail here but know of a high school coach fired for improper sexual exposure.
Now am learning that it didn't really happen but was set up by students.
Guy was a complete jack ass but apparently did not do what he was accused of.

Back
Top Bottom