• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teacher forces students to learn the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish

Solace

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The teacher is failing students who have moral and political reasons for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish. This is America, English is the language we use and is the only official language in most states. To say the Pledge in Spanish would be the equivalent of the singing God Bless America at an American baseball in the German language during World War II. This is disturbing on so many levels. We cannot allow the Mexicans to defile American culture, we should not accommodate the illegal immigrants (the legal ones are okay though). You should learn the country's language before you come to that country, not learn it when you get there or not learn it at all. All official American documents are in English and pretty much English only. What next? Are they going to write the Constitution in Chinese? This is ridiculous. If anything the Mexicans should learn the Pledge of Allegiance in English. Even if it was a Spanish class, it would still not be acceptable. This is heresy and un-American.

Parents outraged son ordered to learn Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

This is such a non-issue, hell when I was in school they made us do this and the Preamble in French.

Oh how boring. Children are given homework assignments all the time. If the kid did not want to learn Spanish he should not have taken a Spanish class.

Oh no, kids are being told to recite a familiar piece of text in another language to help their learning of the language, and if they don't do the work they fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!! How shocking, it's almost like he's at school or something.

Every school has certain classes which are mandatory. In this district one happens to be Spanish. The teacher was using the American Pledge of Allegiance for heavens sake. I really do not see what at all is wrong with this. Some people just go around looking for molehills to construct into mountains. I wonder if this parent has lobbied the local board of education on mandatory requirements in the schools or if she is just cherrypicking this one incident for political purposes?

The teacher is failing students who have moral and political reasons for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish. This is America, English is the language we use and is the only official language in most states. To say the Pledge in Spanish would be the equivalent of the singing God Bless America at an American baseball in the German language during World War II. This is disturbing on so many levels. We cannot allow the Mexicans to defile American culture, we should not accommodate the illegal immigrants (the legal ones are okay though). You should learn the country's language before you come to that country, not learn it when you get there or not learn it at all. All official American documents are in English and pretty much English only. What next? Are they going to write the Constitution in Chinese? This is ridiculous. If anything the Mexicans should learn the Pledge of Allegiance in English. Even if it was a Spanish class, it would still not be acceptable. This is heresy and un-American.

Parents outraged son ordered to learn Pledge of Allegiance in Spanish | ksdk.com | St. Louis, MO

A lot of posters here are globalists as well as some so-called conservatives. So they are not bothered with national anthem being sung in Spanish so they will most likely no care if our Pledge of Allegiance is recited in Spanish. Those people would sell their grandmother down the river or their soul to the devil if it mean they could save a few dollars at Walmart or some other store. A country's national anthem and Pledge of Allegiance should only be sung in its native language.

Un ultraje absoluto!!!

Pinche Cabrons!!!!!

I LOVE the OP's subtle Godwin. LOVE IT.

uh Jamesrage... you do realize that the class this student was in was a SPANISH class..... don't you? Or are you against that also?

I don't think that the Pledge belongs in public schools and it seems odd to make Spanish a required subject.

I don't think that the Pledge belongs in public schools and it seems odd to make Spanish a required subject.

Well I think a foreign language should be required. Especially since most colleges now require 1 or 2 years of foreign language requirements to graduate.

A lot of posters here are globalists as well as some so-called conservatives. So they are not bothered with national anthem being sung in Spanish so they will most likely no care if our Pledge of Allegiance is recited in Spanish. Those people would sell their grandmother down the river or their soul to the devil if it mean they could save a few dollars at Walmart or some other store. A country's national anthem and Pledge of Allegiance should only be sung in its native language.

So just for clarification to make sure I save my grandma and my soul. I speak Chinese, and can say Pledge in Chinese, is my grandmother already half way down the Yellow River and my soul already taken? Or am I still good because I haven't actually said it yet?

Spanish class is for teaching students to speak Spanish. The students already know the Pledge in English. By heart. Teaching them to say it in Spanish makes just as much sense as teaching them to say in Spanish anything else they say in their daily lives.

That said, to quote the mother, "I don't believe in that?"

Really? Seriously?

Bitch, this isn't an article of faith. Nobody's asking you to believe in it. If you want to disagree with it, that's fine.

Tell you what, offer the school a deal -- they leave off with teaching the Pledge in Spanish, and you take a remedial course in English.

TED,
Really really really hates it when his countrymen make him look dumb by association.

Spanish class is for teaching students to speak Spanish. The students already know the Pledge in English. By heart. Teaching them to say it in Spanish makes just as much sense as teaching them to say in Spanish anything else they say in their daily lives.

That said, to quote the mother, "I don't believe in that?"

Really? Seriously?

Bitch, this isn't an article of faith. Nobody's asking you to believe in it. If you want to disagree with it, that's fine.

Tell you what, offer the school a deal -- they leave off with teaching the Pledge in Spanish, and you take a remedial course in English.

TED,
Really really really hates it when his countrymen make him look dumb by association.

Damn its sexy when you talk in the third person.:wink:

You know what I've always wanted to master? Talking in the second person.

I'd practice here, because practice makes perfect, but now I'm afraid you'd take it as a come-on.

:cry:

If you have multiple personalities does that constitute talking in the second person? If the two of you chat inside your head?

Yep, I'm pretty sure it would.

I mean you'd be refering to yourself as you as part of your mind. So you're secondary you would be refering to the primary, perhaps orginal, you as you since its now as far as your mind is concerned another individual however since its a mental disorder in fact the two you's are actually the same person and mind conversing with itself in the second person so therefore you're two sides are refering to themselves in the greater sense in the second person.

I get what you're saying, and I'm saying you're right.

Now, if you really want to trip yourself out, ask yourself if that would also be the case for a split-brain patient. :lol:

To say the Pledge in Spanish would be the equivalent of the singing God Bless America at an American baseball in the German language during World War II.
I can totally see that.
During WWII we were at war with Germany and we're at war with Spain now. So that part is a solid analogy.
Germany was extra offensive because of Hitler and the Nazis. Hitler and the Nazis now control Mexico. So that part is also a solid analogy.
During WWII they went to baseball games to learn German. So the comparison of a baseball game to a middle school Spanish class is also spot on.

Excellent points Solace. :thumbsup:

You have managed to display all the merits of our position in just one sentence.

We teach foreign language the wrong way in this country, teaching it in high school, is really dumb.It should be taught in elementary school, but anyways this is actually a good way to teach them the language, they already know it by heart, so the only variable is the new language.

Oh, and conservatives that are pissed by this, this is your version of political correctness just so you know ;)

Back
Top Bottom