• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teacher fired for stoping school shooter

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"A Georgia high school athletic director was suspended after he defended himself and restrained a student who was in possession of a loaded weapon in school.

Miller was initially fired, but the school district later reversed the decision to a suspension which has lasted months, News 19 reported."

We really need to empower our teachers to discipline.

"A Georgia high school athletic director was suspended after he defended himself and restrained a student who was in possession of a loaded weapon in school.

Miller was initially fired, but the school district later reversed the decision to a suspension which has lasted months, News 19 reported."

Yikes. Glad he got his job back and the student didn't harm anyone.

I think he is supposed to defer to the police on the scene. With them there, his presence may have been deemed not only unnecessary, but aggravating.

Ironic, I know, as we have gotten used to the idea that it is the civilians' job to descalate the police and not the other way around, but I suspect this is the case here.

He restrained a student who was wielding a stapler in a threatening manner. The student was later found to have a gun in her backpack. Since there is a careful lack of mention of the location of the backpack I would guess she wasn't wearing it at the time which makes it somewhat less of a heroic story. Also no evidence she planned on shooting anyone.

He restrained a student who was wielding a stapler in a threatening manner. The student was later found to have a gun in her backpack. Since there is a careful lack of mention of the location of the backpack I would guess she wasn't wearing it at the time which makes it somewhat less of a heroic story. Also no evidence she planned on shooting anyone.

According to the thread title, she may have been shooting staples.

Yes she just brought a loaded gun to school for fun. I don't know why you are on the side of school shootings

I think he is supposed to defer to the police on the scene. With them there, his presence may have been deemed not only unnecessary, but aggravating.

Ironic, I know, as we have gotten used to the idea that it is the civilians' job to descalate the police and not the other way around, but I suspect this is the case here.

I guess it's get shot first, ask questions later

First, what a misleading title... total crap.
Unless you are being attacked or defending another person from being attacked a teacher can not get into an altercation with a student.

Yes she just brought a loaded gun to school for fun. I don't know why you are on the side of school shootings
People take loaded guns everywhere these days. That's what "constitutional carry" is all about. Are they all planning on shooting someone?

A well disciplined child doesn't bring a loaded gun to school and attack a teacher

Ohhh, I think I get it, now. You want to go back to the 1950s or earlier.

First, what a misleading title... total crap.

Unless you are being attacked or defending another person from being attacked a teacher can not get into an altercation with a student.

You call the title misleading but then you fail to read the article. The teacher was being attacked.

People take loaded guns everywhere these days. That's what "constitutional carry" is all about. Are they all planning on shooting someone?

Does 'consitutional carry' allow minors to pack concealed heat in public schools?

Most kids that carry guns do so for their own safety... not for school shootings.

People don't take guns on school grounds and people who aren't legally allowed to carry guns should be carrying them

It used to be that the parents taught discipline to their children. You might want to ask the question why that isn't happening anymore, apparently.

It used to be that the parents taught discipline to their children. You might want to ask the question why that isn't happening anymore, apparently.

I know why that isn't happening

Wow.. That is some real embellishment...

When was the gun found?

Wow.. That is some real embellishment...

When was the gun found?

Yes it's interesting that when you stop murders from happening you get fired but if you get there after someone has died you are a hero.

Pretty ****ed up how our society views things.

Back
Top Bottom