• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teacher decapitated near Paris

Polls can show all sorts of things depending on how the pollster presents the question.

It takes a special type of evil to see ISIS‘ hacking peoples’ heads off for “blasphemy“ and think ”we should do that here”.

I didn’t say we should do that here. I said liberal atheists in positions of state power should be purged and those who are not should be muzzled.

and until then while I do not advocate violence I think it’s wholly unreasonable to not expect backlash when your entire life is dedicated towards destroying meaning in other people’s lives. THAT is what’s truly evil.

[

......and you want to talk about the Crusages being a long time ago? The French royalty brought about the Revolution through their own stupidity and corruption. If you deny your people a say in their own lives and then run the country into the ground, you deserve everything that comes to you. And if you want to talk about treason, actively working with foreign powers like Austria to help them invade your own country is pretty much the textbook definition.

By the way, the idea that the War in the Vendee was genocide has been pretty throughly rejected by international scholarship as well as many scholars within France.

“Critics of Secher's thesis have alleged that his methodology is flawed. McPhee asserted that these errors are as follows: (1) The war was not fought against Vendeans but Royalist Vendeans, the government relied on the support of Republican Vendeans; (2) the Convention ended the campaign after the Royalist Army was clearly defeated—if the aim was genocide, then they would have continued and easily exterminated the population; (3) Fails to inform the reader of atrocities committed by Royalist against Republicans in the Vendée; (4) Repeats stories now known to be folkloric myths as fact; (5) Does not refer to the wide range of estimates of deaths suffered by both sides, and that casualties were not "one-sided"; and more.[54]

Peter McPhee says that the pacification of the Vendée does not fit either the United Nations' CPPCGdefinition of genocide because the events happened during a civil war. He states that the war in the Vendée was not a one-sided mass killing and the Committee of Public Safety did not intend to exterminate the whole population of the Vendée; parts of the population were allied to the revolutionary government.[54]

Likewise, the stupidity of Napoleon III in bringing France into a war over basically nothing and getting its ass kicked— not to mention the Mexican debacle— was always going to bring consequences.
The actions in the Vendée are clearly genocide. There were pro-Nazi jews, including a particular one who’s trying to remake America, By your standard the Holocaust was therefore not a genocide.

in fact the historical community ia largely left wing and so they do not view Catholics as people and therefore they do not recognize the Vendée genocide for what it was.

It was not treason for the King to negotiate with Austria, the king is sovereign and therefore cannot commit treason. The Republicans killed him for compromising with them. A lesson for anyone who’s not a leftist and thinks compromising with the left is worth any time at all.

As far as deprogramming they’re absolutely doing it, go look at new school textbooks,

what year is it now? It’s the year of our lord (AD) 2020 but now secular leftists have invented a term Called “common era” (CE) to deny the existence of Christ and deprogram is of religious tradition. The calendar we use now was of course invented by Pope Gregory VIII to honor Christ on the proper Easter and now leftists want to use the calendar while denying both.

I’m not advocating violence, but it’s time to stop honoring desecration of everything true and beautiful and the discussion here should be how leftists are provoking the backlash and how their actions need to be restrained
Cant help but believe that the leftist in Europe are going to reap what they have sown long before it hits our shores. The question will be if we learn from their example.

I didn’t say we should do that here. I said liberal atheists in positions of state power should be purged and those who are not should be muzzled.

and until then while I do not advocate violence I think it’s wholly unreasonable to not expect backlash when your entire life is dedicated towards destroying meaning in other people’s lives. THAT is what’s truly evil.

No, you “only” said that they should do it in France. “Purging“ is mutually incompatible with both the Constitution and democracy, and while that likely doesn’t matter to a Pinochet fanboy is certainly does matter to one hell of a lot of people.

Committing murder because you are upset someone dares to have a different opinion than you is despicable. There’s no other way to put it.

No, you “only” said that they should do it in France. “Purging“ is mutually incompatible with both the Constitution and democracy, and while that likely doesn’t matter to a Pinochet fanboy is certainly does matter to one hell of a lot of people.

Committing murder because you are upset someone dares to have a different opinion than you is despicable. There’s no other way to put it.
I’m not arguing the American constitution in a thread about a French Secularist trying to indoctrinate Muslim children

I never defended murder, I said the left should be stopped before people see a need to defend themselves in that way.

you defended genocide by denying it happened. And also Regicide. Both are forms of murder.

I’m not arguing the American constitution in a thread about a French Secularist trying to indoctrinate Muslim children

I never defended murder, I said the left should be stopped before people see a need to defend themselves in that way.
Only someone insane or completely, blindly assimilated into an extremist version of a religion would ever believe that there was a 'need to defend themselves in that way.' (Because it was murder)

Do you see many people in the US that can be described that way?

Only someone insane or completely, blindly assimilated into an extremist version of a religion would ever believe that there was a 'need to defend themselves in that way.' (Because it was murder)

Do you see many people in the US that can be described that way?

Or someone who understands history. In France a group of intellectual started by questioning Catholicism, then genocide against Catholics in the van dOr someone who understands history. In France a group of intellectual started by questioning Catholicism, then genocide against Catholics in the Vendeé Then a virtual ban of any actual expression of the faith. The fact that Muslims now realize that the same thing is happening to them shows they are quite understanding of the scale of the threat they face.

French police raid dozens of Islamist groups
Eighty investigations under way into suspected extremists as government faces pressure to act

French police have raided dozens of Islamist groups and suspected extremists amid growing pressure on the government to clamp down on religious fundamentalism three days after a teacher was beheaded outside his school. The interior minister, Gérald Darmanin, said on Monday that the swoops on Islamists – including individuals who expressed support for the attack – should send the message that “enemies of the republic cannot expect a minute’s respite” and more police operations would follow. Darmanin said about 80 investigations were under way into radical preachers and suspected extremists accused of spreading online hate, and authorities were urgently assessing about 50 associations in the Muslim community, “some of which will certainly be dissolved”.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-french-police-raid-dozens-of-islamist-groups

France is united in its determination to root out Islamist hate groups and the people will not rest until they are history. Now is the time for members of the Muslim community to turn away from religious fundamentalism which has no place in a secular republic.

They can be as fundamental as they want just don't go around killing people who point it out and/or educate the public for the reasoning behind certain cartoons.

Last edited:
Or someone who understands history. In France a group of intellectual started by questioning Catholicism, then genocide against Catholics in the van dOr someone who understands history. In France a group of intellectual started by questioning Catholicism, then genocide against Catholics in the Vendeé Then a virtual ban of any actual expression of the faith. The fact that Muslims now realize that the same thing is happening to them shows they are quite understanding of the scale of the threat they face.

Emmanuel Machrone called the beheading of this teacher in active violence against the very institution of the French republic. Which I fully agree with. The French republic was violently imposed by a group of rich liberals against the wishes of the majority of the French people. Then they took control of the education system and brainwash future generations into believing the republic was a good thing. So any active revolt against the French republic is to be celebrated
Yowzaa....but that doesnt answer my question and it doesnt change my post. I stand by my description of anyone who would murder for that reason.

OTOH, your cult often resorted to violence, torture, coercion in the past...so maybe you still think that's the way things should be solved?

Are you sure you werent supporting the violence and rioting when the BLM protests got out of hand? Maybe they just felt that desperate and defensive as well? :rolleyes:

Emmanuel Machrone called the beheading of this teacher in active violence against the very institution of the French republic. Which I fully agree with. The French republic was violently imposed by a group of rich liberals against the wishes of the majority of the French people. Then they took control of the education system and brainwash future generations into believing the republic was a good thing. So any active revolt against the French republic is to be celebrated
Yowzaa....but that doesnt answer my question and it doesnt change my post. I stand by my description of anyone who would murder for that reason.

OTOH, your cult often resorted to violence, torture, coercion, war in the past...so maybe you still think that's the way things should be solved?

Are you sure you werent supporting the violence and rioting when the BLM protests got out of hand? Maybe they just felt that desperate and defensive as well? :rolleyes:

Edit: do you think that Native Americans have the right to rise up and murder the rest of us now?

Vive la France

flags2-e1471529042977.jpg

The actions in the Vendée are clearly genocide. There were pro-Nazi jews, including a particular one who’s trying to remake America, By your standard the Holocaust was therefore not a genocide.

in fact the historical community ia largely left wing and so they do not view Catholics as people and therefore they do not recognize the Vendée genocide for what it was.

It was not treason for the King to negotiate with Austria, the king is sovereign and therefore cannot commit treason. The Republicans killed him for compromising with them. A lesson for anyone who’s not a leftist and thinks compromising with the left is worth any time at all.

Again, the claims that the combat in the Vendee were “genocide” have been debunked, and trying to equate it to the Holocaust(and lying about George Soros, of course) is pretty damn absurd.

Ah yes, the old “the people I see as subhuman and want to mass murder don’t agree with me, therefore it must be them whose at fault”. Riiiight :rolleyes:

Just because you see nothing wrong with the King betraying France doesn’t mean that anyone else was obligated to feel the same way. Most folks take a pretty damn dim view of the guy supposedly chosen by God to lead their country selling it out....after running it into the ground, of course. The republicans just decided to enforce the usual punishment for such treason.

Lol yeah, the forces of reaction tried to invade to crush “the left” and were humiliated. Over, and over, and over again.

OTOH, your cult often resorted to violence, torture, coercion, war in the past...so maybe you still think that's the way things should be solved?

Edit: do you think that Native Americans have the right to rise up and murder the rest of us now?
Well if the Native Americans rose up and formed an effective military force, judging by their very savage history I would not be expecting any mercy from them at all.

you defended genocide by denying it happened. And also Regicide. Both are forms of murder.

Comign from the guy who thinks French Catholics should ally with ISIS that’s pretty ****ing rich.

You want to “stop” the left....by murdering them. We know.

Again, the international historical community has throughly rejected the pretense that the campaign in the Vendee was genocide. You not liking that fact doesn’t change it.

Again, the claims that the combat in the Vendee were “genocide” have been debunked, and trying to equate it to the Holocaust(and lying about George Soros, of course) is pretty damn absurd.

Ah yes, the old “the people I see as subhuman and want to mass murder don’t agree with me, therefore it must be them whose at fault”. Riiiight :rolleyes:

Just because you see nothing wrong with the King betraying France doesn’t mean that anyone else was obligated to feel the same way. Most folks take a pretty damn dim view of the guy supposedly chosen by God to lead their country selling it out....after running it into the ground, of course. The republicans just decided to enforce the usual punishment for such treason.

Lol yeah, the forces of reaction tried to invade to crush “the left” and were humiliated. Over, and over, and over again.
Your source did not debunk anything, you copy and pasted Wikipedia. And it was a very lame justification. Obviously I am not surprised that left-wing partisans do not consider their active genocide to be such. The turks don’t either

Comign from the guy who thinks French Catholics should ally with ISIS that’s pretty ****ing rich.

You want to “stop” the left....by murdering them. We know.

Again, the international historical community has throughly rejected the pretense that the campaign in the Vendee was genocide. You not liking that fact doesn’t change it.
Well obviously left wingers see themselves as benefiting from the genocide, the beneficiary of a genocide never calls it such

Your source did not debunk anything, you copy and pasted Wikipedia. And it was a very lame justification. Obviously I am not surprised that left-wing partisans do not consider their active genocide to be such. The turks don’t either

I provided a direct citation of the fact that your claim has been debunked, and the reasons why it doesn’t fulfill the criteria of genocide. Again, you not liking that fact doesn’t change them.

And no, BLM is a Marxist movement I never support Marxism under any circumstances

Well obviously left wingers see themselves as benefiting from the genocide, the beneficiary of a genocide never calls it such

Germany recognizes the Holocaust as genocide.....just to use one example

As usual, your premise is wrong.

I provided a direct citation of the fact that your claim has been debunked, and the reasons why it doesn’t fulfill the criteria of genocide. Again, you not liking that fact doesn’t change them.
No, you plagiarize Wikipedia.

destroying religious groups is included under the definition of genocide. The entire trigger for the civil conflict was the republics openly stated purpose of wiping out Catholicism in France. After the people of the region exercise their morally justified right to resist, they were subject to mass murder and executions by the French republic. Because this was an effort to wipe out a specific religious group, It was clearly a genocide.

And no, BLM is a Marxist movement I never support Marxism under any circumstances
It was a comment more on methodology/justification rather ideology.

So I guess you only approve of such violence for ideologies you approve of then?

Well if the Native Americans rose up and formed an effective military force, judging by their very savage history I would not be expecting any mercy from them at all.
Yeah, burning at the stake, strappado, water torture, the rack, the breaking wheel (All Inquisition tortures), sure, I can see how a Catholic might be offended at the lack of mercy from Native Americans :rolleyes:

But it seems you'd support their uprising?

[
No, you plagiarize Wikipedia.

destroying religious groups is included under the definition of genocide. The entire trigger for the civil conflict was the republics openly stated purpose of wiping out Catholicism in France. After the people of the region exercise their morally justified right to resist, they were subject to mass murder and executions by the French republic. Because this was an effort to wipe out a specific religious group, It was clearly a genocide.

Providing a direct quote and including the source is not “plagiarism”. Plagiarism is when you try to pass someone else’s work off as your own.

No, the trigger for the conflict was the King’s betrayal of France to hostile foreign powers....after he had spent years running it into the ground. Your claim that it was an attempt to wipe out Catholicism in France is completely false; not there were no campaigns of extermination across the country(or in the Vendee, for that matter, as Catholics living there who supported the Revolution were unmolested). Claims that it was a genocide, therefore, hold no water....as has already been established.

Back
Top Bottom