• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teacher Charged With 6 Felonies For Relationship

I just mean that the expectation for feelings is sometimes a bit silly. I'm just not convinced that this 16 year old was harmed all that much.
Gotcha. And maybe you are correct about that. I certainly wouldn't want to use this case to set a standard though.

Disgusting, and shame on anyone making light of this because she's a woman going after a male minor. She deserves an equal sentence that a male would get for violating a female student.
And therein lies the problem. We are all too ready to dismiss women doing these kind of things, and all too ready to remove the victim status of male victims. It's so bad that there is outright denial that a woman can rape a man with PiV sex. While the incident rate of rape for male rapist/female victim may be higher that the opposite, the underreporting rate of female rapist/male victim is even higher than it's opposite.

Because a young lady is, obviously, likely to suffer more harm from being taken advantage of than a young man.
I rest my case.

No way, they are always best when upside down.

Besides, women can't rape men. Especially 22 year old women and 16 year old willing young men.

More like "contributing to delinquency" kind of thing.

I vote not guilty. Because if you are a normal 16 year old male, you cannot say no to some young filly offering you her stuff.

How is this even considered a crime?

GVYTI57UGNBK7MIEGOR36EOLZ4.png
Ladies and gentlemen, exhibit B

First off, "rape" generally indicates some sort of forced or illegal sexual penetration by a penis or a finger into a VAGINA. Women therefore do not rape men. At least not how males and females are naturally defined.

Rape is the unconsented penetration of an orifice by an object not of that body. Which means that anal or oral penetration counts. And it also means that the man forced to penetrate against his consent is also rape.

Secondly, the boy is 16 not 6. 16 may not be a legal adult, but 16 in most states or nations is already at or near an age of consent.

That argument only works if you apply the same standard to females. Further, the laws also state that there can only be a maximum age difference between the two, usually 2 or 3 years. Beyond that, it's statutory rape, and again, if it is for the female then it is also for the male.

Bad judgement yes, but I doubt very seriously that this young man was seriously injured by this encounter. He may have actually helped to entice this situation. Having once been a 16 year old male myself, this kid just did what all of us pretty much wish we would have done.

And there it is; the dismissal. The idea that just because the victim is a male, he can't be a victim, especially if the assailant is a female.

If a 16 year old is expected to have some autonomy over their own bodies, especially females regarding reproductive decision, I tend to think a 16 year old young man is capable of knowing when he "wants something" too.
I'll agree with you here, but expand it to a 16 year old young person. Especially when we take into account that females mature faster than males, so if he is capable of such a decision then so is she. Yet somehow I doubt you'd let it go if this was your 16 yo daughter who got it on with a teacher of any sex.

Teachers should NOT be having relations with underage students. Gender should not even factor into the discussion.

I agree with all of that, and we don't know yet if this teacher may have had a history of this kind of thing. I'm just not comfortable with putting her in prison for a lapse of good judgement, especially when claims of harm to the 16 year old are probably being overstated.

Where have I heard something like this before? Oh yeah! Brock should not have to go to prison "for 20 minutes of action".

I find this to be a very good exercise in finding the line where a young person is or is not able to make decisions for themselves. Clearly there is a law, some words in a statute which makes this a crime. Some line which apparently cannot be crossed, and one where a 16 year old is considered incapable of making autonomous decisions regarding their own body, their own life. And then in another instance some will argue that a 16 year old is old enough to consent to an abortion without their parent's knowledge or consent. So why the difference?

These rules are often arbitrary, or archaic. If you told me that this 16 year old was autistic, or having some mental impairment rendering him form making rational decisions for himself, then I would want to see the teacher in prison too. But short of that, I figure he got something out of this too, something he wanted, so I figure he is not permanently scarred.

Bigger fish to fry is my bottom line.
The line is not so much arbitrary, as it is a point on a bell curve. I will agree with you that there are those below 18 who can actually provide informed consent. However, with 18 being the best under current research and knowledge to put the limit, which could indeed change based upon further research and new knowledge, and with the idea that exceptions should be allowed into the law, similar to the Romeo and Juliet laws, the individual below 18 should have to prove they have that capability to provide informed consent, similar to how it has to be proven that a person over 18 was incapable of such, such has having disability that would affect judgement and maturity.

Where have I heard something like this before? Oh yeah! Brock should not have to go to prison "for 20 minutes of action".
Not the same thing. No way the victim in that could have consented. Both judges in that one (preliminary hearing, and trial judge) were idiots. The guy was raping an unconscious woman. Just because he didn't finish, and they found no genital DNA, two witnesses saw him on the woman and "thrusting" his pelvis at her pelvis with her genitals exposed. The jury should have been presented with a rape charge, and not just sexual assault.

I find this to be a very good exercise in finding the line where a young person is or is not able to make decisions for themselves. Clearly there is a law, some words in a statute which makes this a crime. Some line which apparently cannot be crossed, and one where a 16 year old is considered incapable of making autonomous decisions regarding their own body, their own life. And then in another instance some will argue that a 16 year old is old enough to consent to an abortion without their parent's knowledge or consent. So why the difference?

These rules are often arbitrary, or archaic. If you told me that this 16 year old was autistic, or having some mental impairment rendering him form making rational decisions for himself, then I would want to see the teacher in prison too. But short of that, I figure he got something out of this too, something he wanted, so I figure he is not permanently scarred.

Bigger fish to fry is my bottom line.

Losing the narrative of your pro-pedophilia position, you try and hijack the thread with anti-choice rhetoric.

Nice try.

Losing the narrative of your pro-pedophilia position, you try and hijack the thread with anti-choice rhetoric.

Nice try.
Okay, she was 22 and he was 16. Do you define that as pedophilia, or isn't it better described as unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor?
If she was one day over 18, and him one day under 18, you going to call that pedophilia too? In some states her being 22 and him 16 is within a range where this while breaking a statutory law, may not be considered a sex offense---as long is there is no force or coercion.. And still in some states, it may be considered a sex offense, if the older person is a person of authority, which may apply here. So, if you actually believe there has been social and legal consistency on the subject of age of consent here in the USA, then you haven't bothered to look into the history of it. Before the Victorian age, many states had age of consent at 10-12 years old. But laws and morals do change.

Why don't you look into that, if you think I'm making it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States

I'm not advocating for anyone to have sex with minors. I'm just pointing out that there has never been a cut and dry standard for this in our history, or across all jurisdictions.

Now, do you think we can have an adult conversation on this subject, without you accusing me of being pro pedophilia?

Okay, she was 22 and he was 16. Do you define that as pedophilia, or isn't it better described as unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor?
If she was one day over 18, and him one day under 18, you going to call that pedophilia too? In some states her being 22 and him 16 is within a range where this while breaking a statutory law, may not be considered a sex offense---as long is there is no force or coercion.. And still in some states, it may be considered a sex offense, if the older person is a person of authority, which may apply here. So, if you actually believe there has been social and legal consistency on the subject of age of consent here in the USA, then you haven't bothered to look into the history of it. Before the Victorian age, many states had age of consent at 10-12 years old. But laws and morals do change.

Why don't you look into that, if you think I'm making it up. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States

I'm not advocating for anyone to have sex with minors. I'm just pointing out that there has never been a cut and dry standard for this in our history, or across all jurisdictions.

Now, do you think we can have an adult conversation on this subject, without you accusing me of being pro pedophilia?

If you think minors should be having sex with adults, that's on you. 🤷‍♂️

If you think minors should be having sex with adults, that's on you. 🤷‍♂️
Not what I said. The teacher should loser her job, she broke an ethical rule, and a legal rule. All I said, is I don't consider this incident a rape, or something in which this woman should spend time in prison for.

We allow 16 year olds to drive and make decisions for their own safety and the safety of others. If this was a 16 year old female, she would be able to have a legal abortion.

This offense is a statutory offense, not a major crime IMHO.

Thanks for the correction.

When I was 17 I had a teacher who was about that age. She was pretty hot.

Okay. And if she had sex with you, that would've been wrong, correct?

Okay. And if she had sex with you, that would've been wrong, correct?
Oh no, it would have been right...so right. I just didn't have the skills to pull that off at age 17 yet.

In my opinion young men are dangerous, so maybe better this 16 year old worked out his wild oats problem the way he did, rather than breaking the heart, or the spirit of a young woman his age or slightly younger who is not yet equipped to handle something so dangerous as a teenage boy?

Oh no, it would have been right...so right. I just didn't have the skills to pull that off at age 17 yet.

In my opinion young men are dangerous, so maybe better this 16 year old worked out his wild oats problem the way he did, rather than breaking the heart, or the spirit of a young woman his age or slightly younger who is not yet equipped to handle something so dangerous as a teenage boy?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh plaaazeee, I don't think you raised/been around teen females. Tender flowers they ain't. They can take heart break and break a few themselves. It is part of growing up. Would you be ok with an older man 'teaching' a teenaged girl all about love, sex and videotape??? ✌️

Teacher Charged With 6 Felonies For Relationship​

Female High School Woodworking Teacher Charged With 6 Felonies For Relationship With Male Student
Lena Stewart, a 27-year-old agricultural science and woodworking teacher at Nixa High School in Nixa, Missouri has been charged for carving out an intimate relationship with a 16-year-old male student.

wow I had a teacher who looked so good but never used us for sex!! Damn it!
Would you joke like that if it was a gay relationship??? ✌️

I raised 3
Would you let 3 older men 'show them the way' to prevent nasty young bucks form 'taking advantage' of them and breaking their hearts???

Did a boy do the 'dive and dash' on any of them??? Did the girl survive the heartbreak???

As my sister put it after a few tasty adult beverages- 'You got to kiss a lot of horny toads before you find your Prince Charming.' :unsure:

How many toads did they kiss??? ✌️

Back
Top Bottom