• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Teacher Charged With 6 Felonies For Relationship

The crimes aren’t equal.
You're just saying that because she's a woman.

Let's take females completely out of this. Let's say you had a 16 year old son and he got busy with his male teenage teacher.

Is that a different crime because it does it fulfill some childhood fantasy you had when you were in high school?

Because a young lady is, obviously, likely to suffer more harm from being taken advantage of than a young man.
I think the only difference between all of the scenarios we can come up with is that the criminal is female. If it was a female teacher molesting a female student would that be okay?

Because a young lady is, obviously, likely to suffer more harm from being taken advantage of than a young man.
Based on what data?

No way, they are always best when upside down.

Besides, women can't rape men. Especially 22 year old women and 16 year old willing young men.

More like "contributing to delinquency" kind of thing.

I vote not guilty. Because if you are a normal 16 year old male, you cannot say no to some young filly offering you her stuff.

How is this even considered a crime?

GVYTI57UGNBK7MIEGOR36EOLZ4.png

That's the point. It isn't consensual if "you can't say no".

No way, they are always best when upside down.

Besides, women can't rape men. Especially 22 year old women and 16 year old willing young men.

More like "contributing to delinquency" kind of thing.

I vote not guilty. Because if you are a normal 16 year old male, you cannot say no to some young filly offering you her stuff.

How is this even considered a crime?

GVYTI57UGNBK7MIEGOR36EOLZ4.png

I fail to understand why people continue to play this angle, and this is the reason why people today still go around and lessen the fact that boys can get raped by women.

Women can absolutely rape men, and have (as in this instance). You saying that that can't happen further perpetuates this gross and incorrect idea.

I fail to understand why people continue to play this angle, and this is the reason why people today still go around and lessen the fact that boys can get raped by women.

First off, "rape" generally indicates some sort of forced or illegal sexual penetration by a penis or a finger into a VAGINA. Women therefore do not rape men. At least not how males and females are naturally defined.

Secondly, the boy is 16 not 6. 16 may not be a legal adult, but 16 in most states or nations is already at or near an age of consent.

Bad judgement yes, but I doubt very seriously that this young man was seriously injured by this encounter. He may have actually helped to entice this situation. Having once been a 16 year old male myself, this kid just did what all of us pretty much wish we would have done.
Women can absolutely rape men, and have (as in this instance). You saying that that can't happen further perpetuates this gross and incorrect idea.

Nah, not what happened here. Kid is probably more embarrassed by the blow up in attention over it, than the sexual encounter itself.

Today with social media, keeping secrets isn't like it used to be. I had a classmate in high school who had short relationship with one our female teachers, a young
married teacher who was going through a difficult divorce. The relationship did not last long, and in the end she went back to her husband anyway as is usually what
married people do. A hiccup, happens everyday.

If a 16 year old is expected to have some autonomy over their own bodies, especially females regarding reproductive decision, I tend to think a 16 year old young man
is capable of knowing when he "wants something" too.

That's the point. It isn't consensual if "you can't say no".
LOL! What I meant by that, is if you are an average 16 year old male, this is what you want.

Most 16 year olds would blow the opportunity anyway even if presented to them. Just don't yet have the skill sets to pull that off--- too nervous.

First off, "rape" generally indicates some sort of forced or illegal sexual penetration by a penis or a finger into a VAGINA. Women therefore do not rape men. At least not how males and females are naturally defined.

Secondly, the boy is 16 not 6. 16 may not be a legal adult, but 16 in most states or nations is already at or near an age of consent.

Bad judgement yes, but I doubt very seriously that this young man was seriously injured by this encounter. He may have actually helped to entice this situation. Having once been a 16 year old male myself, this kid just did what all of us pretty much wish we would have done.

Nah, not what happened here. Kid is probably more embarrassed by the blow up in attention over it, than the sexual encounter itself.

Today with social media, keeping secrets isn't like it used to be. I had a classmate in high school who had short relationship with one our female teachers, a young
married teacher who was going through a difficult divorce. The relationship did not last long, and in the end she went back to her husband anyway as is usually what

If a 16 year old is expected to have some autonomy over their own bodies, especially females regarding reproductive decision, I tend to think a 16 year old young man

And indeed, it isn't the 16 year old that is "in trouble" for this.

LOL! What I meant by that, is if you are an average 16 year old male, this is what you want.

Most 16 year olds would blow the opportunity anyway even if presented to them. Just don't yet have the skill sets to pull that off--- too nervous.

Irrelevant, in this case apparently.

And indeed, it isn't the 16 year old that is "in trouble" for this.
She broke a rule, her actions were not ethical, and she deserves losing her job. But come on, 15 years in prison for this?

That would not be justice. The 16 year old was not raped.

I find it ironic that in other instances we permit 1st and 2nd grade teachers to inject adult sexual discussions into classrooms before young children are prepared to process that, including grooming them to accept transgender confusion. But many do not consider that harm. But if a 16 year old male has relations with a young female teacher, then it is called "rape". I just don't see the selective outrage in that. When my grandfather was 16 he fought in WW1. When my mother was 17 was married. I just don't see 16 as a victim of rape, especially if he consented, even if that breaks some rule. Like I said in another post, he wasn't 6. 16 is old enough to drive a car, so I figure old enough to mount some hot to trot young woman too.

Statutory Rape – 2nd Degree
3 charges of Sexual Contact w/ student
2 charges of Statutory Sodomy – 2nd Degree
Sexual Misconduct – 1st Degree

Christian County Prosecutors Office seems to disagree with you. 17 is the age of consent in Missouri, so it seems likely you are wrong on this one.

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/lo...counts-of-inappropriate-conduct-with-student/
https://health.mo.gov/living/families/adolescenthealth/pdf/missouri-minor-consent-laws.pdf

She broke a rule, her actions were not ethical, and she deserves losing her job. But come on, 15 years in prison for this?

I find it ironic that in other instances we permit 1st and 2nd grade teachers to inject adult sexual discussions into classrooms before young children are prepared to process that, including grooming them to accept transgender confusion. But many do not consider that harm. But if a 16 year old male has relations with a young female teacher, then it is called "rape". I just don't see the selective outrage in that. When my grandfather was 16 he fought in WW1. When my mother was 17 was married. I just don't see 16 as a victim of rape, especially if he consented, even if that breaks some rule. Like I said in another post, he wasn't 6. 16 is old enough to drive a car, so I figure old enough to mount some hot to trot young woman too.
That's the thing... If you are under the age of consent, you CAN'T consent...

That may be true, but both are harmed by this sort of relationship.

It should certainly not be a joke
If the victim was already sexually promiscuous, then there isn’t much harm done in either case (though there may still be public policy reasons for criminalization). If the victim was previously chaste then much more harm is done if she’s female. A history of sexual promiscuity isn’t nearly as damaging to men as it is to women.
You're just saying that because she's a woman.

Let's take females completely out of this. Let's say you had a 16 year old son and he got busy with his male teenage teacher.

Is that a different crime because it does it fulfill some childhood fantasy you had when you were in high school?
I think the only difference between all of the scenarios we can come up with is that the criminal is female. If it was a female teacher molesting a female student would that be okay?
If the situation was different, it would be different. A teacher seducing a student into unnatural behavior is categorically worse (in either case) than seducing a student into behavior which is merely unchaste.
Based on what data?
Where are you getting this from?
Common sense

It might be ironic compared to those other things, and those other things might be argued to be wrong as well. But this is wrong as well, and it doesn't alleviate that to compare it to other wrongful things. If nothing else, the teacher is in a position of authority and trust over the 16 year old, which places her at unfair advantage in seeking her sexual gratification.

16year olds are really not children

But they still can be manipulated into things especially by people who have power over them, and most do not have anything close to a mature brain

It might be ironic compared to those other things, and those other things might be argued to be wrong as well. But this is wrong as well, and it doesn't alleviate that to compare it to other wrongful things. If nothing else, the teacher is in a position of authority and trust over the 16 year old, which places her at unfair advantage in seeking her sexual gratification.
I agree with all of that, and we don't know yet if this teacher may have had a history of this kind of thing. I'm just not comfortable with putting her in prison for a lapse of good judgement, especially when claims of harm to the 16 year old are probably being overstated.

Our President Clinton had a lapse of judgement too (let the little head do his thinking). The female was of age, no crime in that, and yet he ethically compromised himself too; he had a position of authority, and an ability to manipulate a younger person for sex. At the time I defended Clinton too. I figured it was really stupid, but I also figured humans are capable of mistakes.

Teacher should lose her job, and will have a felony on her record. Probation should be enough. I just feel that would be a justice.

Teacher Charged With 6 Felonies For Relationship​

Female High School Woodworking Teacher Charged With 6 Felonies For Relationship With Male Student
Lena Stewart, a 27-year-old agricultural science and woodworking teacher at Nixa High School in Nixa, Missouri has been charged for carving out an intimate relationship with a 16-year-old male student.

wow I had a teacher who looked so good but never used us for sex!! Damn it!

A lot of kids had teachers who were attractive and as much as I am sure my fellow school chums harbored secret fantasies, nothing real ever happened that I know of, because most teachers have the minds of grown adults. Obviously this teacher did not.
Regardless of how our own small handful of enablers might try, at the very least this IS a gross violation of "contributing to delinquency" and a violation of an imbalanced arrangement where one figure is older and in a position of authority, and the other is a minor, unable to comprehend the knock-on effects of said grossly imbalanced relationship.
And that is a crime, because parents don't send their kids to school to get picked up by an adult for sex, and kids don't need to be exposed to this sort of thing regardless of whether they are hormonal young men or young women.

It's just flat out wrong, no matter how much it inflates male teenage spank banks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom