• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea Party Threats Ruining America's Economic Standing [W:113]

It is good that progressives have taken the high ground on this issue and disowned Al Sharpton.

Yeah, because Al Sharpton is playing a central role in the budget talks.

NEXT RIGHTWING NONSEQUITUR

That is why he gets to host a show on MSNBC.

So your meme is that Al Sharpton is calling for 2nd Amendment solutions, like the tea party, or is this just a black thing of yours?

Touched a nerve, I see. The core of the tea party is a racist reaction to the fact that a black president won the election. The tea party types just can't accept that, and they've been dogwhistling and talking code ever since.

RACIST!

It's like a form of Tourette's for you guys.

Yeah, Right because Bush got stuff like this

RacistObamaPic27.jpg

Don't try that lame innocent act on me.

I think that is a Democrat and a staged picture. That gets tiresome and the endless racebaiting - such as you are doing to try to divert from the topic - is equally pointless. For all we know that's YOU on that motorcycle.

It was only a matter of time. A few more weeks of this debt ceiling blackmail nonsense and we'll be the joke of the business community.

Photo Of John Kerry Far Off In The Background At APEC Meeting - Business Insider

I'm sure though that the usual suspects will just blame it all on the Black guy with the funny name.

The T's are charged with the job of destroying our standing in the world, crashing our economy and devaluing our currency. Their benefactors are placing huge bets against the dollar as we speak. They will clean up at our expense, so hold on to your seats.

That is why he gets to host a show on MSNBC.

I would not know about that. I don't watch MSNBC, don't read anything about it either. In fact, MSNBC doesn't seem to pop up on my radar at all anymore. That's been a good thing.

It gets confusing. Congress passed the Budget for 2013, but it's now expired. The shutdown is over the battle for the new budget. The debt ceiling issue involves money due from last year's spending.

So, I agree with the fight which caused the shutdown (although shutting the gvt down is not what I consider wise). It's a budget fight--that is the fight we should be having.

I disagree with the fight over the debt ceiling because those debt need to be paid on time--that is a fight we should not be having.

Revenue continuously comes in whether the govt is running or not. Tell me how bills aren't being paid. A budget does not create money, taxes do. The budget only determine where the money is spent. The House has passed bills to fund various parts of the govt, that's their perogative.

The article comes a lot closer to what will happen than your guess.

Read the news. What I said is exactly what IS happening. They will suspend the debt limit and pass a spending bill with some compromise.

The T's are charged with the job of destroying our standing in the world, crashing our economy and devaluing our currency. Their benefactors are placing huge bets against the dollar as we speak. They will clean up at our expense, so hold on to your seats.

The Tea Party is not "charged" with anything. They are the only responsible people in the room. Regardless of what you think spending has been out of control for way too long. Now a group comes along who decides it's time to put an end to this silliness and the instant gratification me first crowd just wants the borrowed money to keep coming. Can you increase your own credit limit? Is it wise to keep spending more than you make?

We keep hearing how Democrats are for the little guy, yet they keep handing out favors to buy their votes to people who don't care where it comes from. They aren't helping, they are enabling. It's time to cut up the credit cards and stop buying votes. Before elections we hear about how unfair it is that big business has the money to buy politicians, what do you think is happening when the government is buying you? Big business is corrupt, what does that make government? Oh but wait, it's different when the money is going the other way...

Yep...but, we've seen that the Senate effectively needs 60 votes to move anything through. You've been paying attention lately. Right?

You need 60 votes to end debate. Simple Majority passes a law. If the Senate would just bring bills to the floor we would have more action. However, just like the house, they refuse.

You need 60 votes to end debate. Simple Majority passes a law. If the Senate would just bring bills to the floor we would have more action. However, just like the house, they refuse.

Not exactly. The House has passed lots of bills. Theyve taken dozens of votes on passage. Wheras the Senate has taken one since July, one to amend the Helium act.

Not exactly. The House has passed lots of bills. Theyve taken dozens of votes on passage. Wheras the Senate has taken one since July, one to amend the Helium act.

True. I was just bringing up the fact that house is not bringing forward the Senate bill. They are both doing the same.

The House has their very own version of a FILBUSTER--legislative add-ons.

Na. It's like the violent Muslim thing. Once you allow that sort of thing to have a voice in your party or religion, when the bombers and the racists are given a voice on your platform, you've gotta wear the shirt too. No one in your circle has disowned these people. In fact, they've pandered to them.
So you own every democrat and their bitter angry hate filled racist positions too.

Beyond ****ing stupid.

It was only a matter of time. A few more weeks of this debt ceiling blackmail nonsense and we'll be the joke of the business community.

Photo Of John Kerry Far Off In The Background At APEC Meeting - Business Insider

I'm sure though that the usual suspects will just blame it all on the Black guy with the funny name.

Don't for a second believe that the Tea Party movement members in the House can either be blamed or claim credit for any dust-up over the debt ceiling. The Republican majority there is pretty narrow, and the Democrats want to raise it -- which means all that is needed is a handful of Republicans to see the light.

If the debt ceiling isn't raised, it's because the entire Republican caucus is to blame.

Don't for a second believe that the Tea Party movement members in the House can either be blamed or claim credit for any dust-up over the debt ceiling. The Republican majority there is pretty narrow, and the Democrats want to raise it -- which means all that is needed is a handful of Republicans to see the light.

If the debt ceiling isn't raised, it's because the entire Republican caucus is to blame.

Or credit.

The Tea Party is not "charged" with anything. They are the only responsible people in the room. Regardless of what you think spending has been out of control for way too long. Now a group comes along who decides it's time to put an end to this silliness and the instant gratification me first crowd just wants the borrowed money to keep coming. Can you increase your own credit limit? Is it wise to keep spending more than you make?

We keep hearing how Democrats are for the little guy, yet they keep handing out favors to buy their votes to people who don't care where it comes from. They aren't helping, they are enabling. It's time to cut up the credit cards and stop buying votes. Before elections we hear about how unfair it is that big business has the money to buy politicians, what do you think is happening when the government is buying you? Big business is corrupt, what does that make government? Oh but wait, it's different when the money is going the other way...

The T's behavior is COSTING us Billions sothinking they want to reduce spending is comical. The are nothing but insurgents trying to subvert our Constitution and harm our economy. They will be voted out of power in 2014 so we only have another year of this harmful nonsense.

The T's behavior is COSTING us Billions sothinking they want to reduce spending is comical. The are nothing but insurgents trying to subvert our Constitution and harm our economy. They will be voted out of power in 2014 so we only have another year of this harmful nonsense.

Then quit your bitchin. If you are right in about year the problem will be solved. But to complain that the shutdown is costing us billions while the house refuses to give Obama a blank check is silly at best along with seriously dishonest. When I took the Dave Ramsey course years ago the first step was to establish a $1000 emergency fund. I was pretty angry over that. If I'm taking a debt reduction course how am I supposed to come up with $1000? It took me almost 4 months. Then we cut up our credit cards. THAT was scary, how were we supposed to live? We were trained ( just like everybody else and the government) that living in debt was normal, and as long as we could afford the minimum payments we were fine. Well we WEREN'T fine, we were were barely treading water and carried over a year's income in debts. Sound familiar? 3 1/2 years later we were debt free, and still are. We had gotten to the point where we were no longer willing to let it continue and get worse, and that is what's happening here. Whether you like it or not, the Tea Party guys are doing exactly what we need to do. We needed to do it a long time ago. The first steps are scary and painful, but the long term goal is worth it. Beans and rice, rice and beans until the situation improves, and it will as long as we stay on task. Imagine what we as a country would be able to accomplish if we didn't have this ridiculous debt...

Are we able to admit yet that Teaparty is code for the hated white Americans who built this country?

Back
Top Bottom