• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea Party Old, Rich, White (Racist) Men? Not all of them...

What is your opinion of the Tea Party? Choose all that apply.

• Excludes non-whites.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What racist signs? Where were black tea partiers run out of protests?

My personal favorite.

Others include:

Obama
Half-breed muslin (sic)

Kumbaya my ass!
Obama -
Your massa on his new plantation

Honorable mention:
Impeach Owebama (sic)
& the
Camel he
Rode in on

Tertiary Relationship: Confederate flags.

My personal favorite.

Others include:

Obama
Half-breed muslin (sic)

Kumbaya my ass!
Obama -
Your massa on his new plantation

Honorable mention:
Impeach Owebama (sic)
& the
Camel he
Rode in on

Tertiary Relationship: Confederate flags.

Congratulations on finding a few racist signs. It's kind of like when you read reviews, you're likely to see more complaints because people are more likely to comment on an item that they don't like than one they do. In this case they're more likely to to take a picture of an inflammatory sign than a legitimate one. You're foolish if you think the Tea Party is predominantly racist as you voted.

I vote that it doesn't matter what they look like, how old they are, what color their skin is or what gender they are. What matters is their actions, their words, their character.

Congratulations on finding a few racist signs. It's kind of like when you read reviews, you're likely to see more complaints because people are more likely to comment on an item that they don't like than one they do. In this case they're more likely to to take a picture of an inflammatory sign than a legitimate one. You're foolish if you think the Tea Party is predominantly racist as you voted.

On the other hand, thousands of other Tea Partiers see these signs. How come there is not a more concerted efforts to oust these types of people? Maybe it's because the self-proclaimed founder of the Tea Party, Dale Robertson, is photographed holding a racist sign himself? Sometimes we're judged by the company we keep.

Those who call President Obama a racist for previously spending time in a church listening to a racist preacher should not expect different treatment for themselves. If the Tea Party will officially and publicly proclaim the president to be Not Racist, I will do the same for them.

On the other hand, thousands of other Tea Partiers see these signs. How come there is not a more concerted efforts to oust these types of people? Maybe it's because the self-proclaimed founder of the Tea Party, Dale Robertson, is photographed holding a racist sign himself? Sometimes we're judged by the company we keep.

Those who call President Obama a racist for previously spending time in a church listening to a racist preacher should not expect different treatment for themselves. If the Tea Party will officially and publicly proclaim the president to be Not Racist, I will do the same for them.

I proclaim my self the new president. Now that I'm self proclaimed does it mean I'm the president? No.

The racists ARE denounced all the time. You're just choosing to ignore it. Clearly your biases are clouding your judgement. The fact of the matter remains others can't just go up to these racists and demand they leave when they are on public property.

Congratulations on lowering yourself to the same level as the other nut jobs out there.

Please tell me where the Tea Party states that the president is racist. Sure some people who are part of the Tea Part probably call him racist, but that doesn't mean jack ****.

You really need to learn to distinguish between the group and the individual who may be part of the group while holding beliefs that have nothing to do with the group.

Just heard about this Black Tea Patriots movement... Guess we're not a bunch of rich, white, racist men.

Black Tea Patriots | Facebook

I'm by no way saying there are none of the above mentioned in the Tea Party movement, but they are not endorsed by the Tea Party. The Tea Party does not stand behind these people.

You don't judge all Christians based on the ignorant ones involved in the crusades do you? You don't judge all Muslims based on the 'extremists" do you?

Why judge the whole Tea Party based on a few bad apples?

where is the option of comprised of mostly ordinary citizens who tire of parasitic government and wasteful spending

On the other hand, thousands of other Tea Partiers see these signs. How come there is not a more concerted efforts to oust these types of people?

Probably for the same reason that when people see someone they don't agree with in their church congregation, they don't ask them to leave, or when someone makes an ass of themselves in a public place, people don't gang up and jump them. It's generally not very socially acceptable to try and force your wishes on a stranger, period, unless you're on your own private property. There appears to be a good number of blacks in the tea party, and I highly doubt they would stay if the tea party as a whole endorced racist behaviors.

Probably for the same reason that when people see someone they don't agree with in their church congregation, they don't ask them to leave, or when someone makes an ass of themselves in a public place, people don't gang up and jump them. It's generally not very socially acceptable to try and force your wishes on a stranger, period, unless you're on your own private property. There appears to be a good number of blacks in the tea party, and I highly doubt they would stay if the tea party as a whole endorced racist behaviors.

I just avoid them not wanting to start a fight (that I'll most likely lose) and hope natural selection takes care of them.

I just avoid them not wanting to start a fight (that I'll most likely lose) and hope natural selection takes care of them.

Exactly as it should be imo. I'm not here to force my views and pass judgement. I may not like someone's attitudes, but I will defend their right to think and believe whatever they want as long as they aren't causing personal harm. People can be idiots. That doesn't mean they should be hated.

You are missing out then. I have been to a few Tea Parties and honestly getting in arguments with the crazies/racists are the reason I continued to go. The message of the Tea Party is meh since it comes up every election cycle, but never seems to go beyond that. The arguments I have gotten into though just make me so happy and value any common sense I have.

I'm new in here so am not up on the conversation...but have a question about Tea Party participants. I see a lot of anger but not much depth of thought. Have most really thought out their political positions or are they simply angry about the state of government in general? I find it hard to believe there are people who can seriously think that Sarah Palin has what it takes to be president.

I'm new in here so am not up on the conversation...but have a question about Tea Party participants. I see a lot of anger but not much depth of thought. Have most really thought out their political positions or are they simply angry about the state of government in general? I find it hard to believe there are people who can seriously think that Sarah Palin has what it takes to be president.

The thought is there, but it is generally drowned out. And as far as the Palin thing I have been to five of these things and I can say from my experiences that for every two that want her to run there is one that doesn't.

I consider myself an independent as well, but when I listen to her talk, it really is enough to send me screaming to the D's side. I just don't get it. The TP's seem to compain about the state of government, yet shout slogans, and promote crazy stuff. I live in Idaho and at the R's state convention, which was pretty much taken over by the TP's, they talked about things like abandoning public education and reversing the 17th Amendment. That makes no sense, as on one hand they say they don't trust government, and then think state legislatures should pick our senators for us. I just don't get their logic.

The message of the Tea Party is meh since it comes up every election cycle, but never seems to go beyond that. The arguments I have gotten into though just make me so happy and value any common sense I have.

Perhaps people are finally fed up enough. Everyone has a right to life, liberty and property. The only roll the government should have is PROTECTING those rights. That will never happen, though, so I'll settle for small government, less welfare programs to be abused, less taxes, term limits to keep the "give-me-more" people from continually re-electing the whackos, and more that I'm not going to get into or think about right now (so yes, currlyque we do have actualy beliefs substantiated by actual knowledge of what is going on in the world around us--hard to imagine for you, I know).

Palin seems at least as qualified as Obama. Palin was actually in a postion where she RAN a state and she did it fairly well. Obama was a senator (how is that any tougher than a governor?). Sure she has said some less than intelligent things in the past few years, but so has Obama. I'm not seeing how she is any less qualified than our current president who ran (and won) on rhetoric read off from teleprompter, which is fine. I' m glad it was only rhetoric and that it looks as though he may not succede in what he is trying to accomplish (Universal Health Care, Amnesty, Cap n' Trade/Tax etc.).

I'm new in here so am not up on the conversation...but have a question about Tea Party participants. I see a lot of anger but not much depth of thought. Have most really thought out their political positions or are they simply angry about the state of government in general?

Perhaps you should look into the stance of the Tea Party on your own. It's publicized everywhere. In the time it took you to throw out an insult toward those you clearly lack an understand of, youcould have educated yourself and formulated an opinion based on facts rather than hearsay...

Cheers

Perhaps people are finally fed up enough. Everyone has a right to life, liberty and property. The only roll the government should have is PROTECTING those rights. That will never happen, though, so I'll settle for small government, less welfare programs to be abused, less taxes, term limits to keep the "give-me-more" people from continually re-electing the whackos, and more that I'm not going to get into or think about right now (so yes, currlyque we do have actualy beliefs substantiated by actual knowledge of what is going on in the world around us--hard to imagine for you, I know).

Palin seems at least as qualified as Obama. Palin was actually in a postion where she RAN a state and she did it fairly well. Obama was a senator (how is that any tougher than a governor?). Sure she has said some less than intelligent things in the past few years, but so has Obama. I'm not seeing how she is any less qualified than our current president who ran (and won) on rhetoric read off from teleprompter, which is fine. I' m glad it was only rhetoric and that it looks as though he may not succede in what he is trying to accomplish (Universal Health Care, Amnesty, Cap n' Trade/Tax etc.).

See the thing is so far it is only just rhetoric the Republicans say, just coming from a different venue. When it stops being just rhetoric I will be willing to pay more attention to the Tea Party. As of now to me, they are just an arm of the Republican Party.

As far as Palin she is is no longer as qualified as President Obama anymore. He has been in office therefore he has more experience than her at the position. So she isn't able to say he has no experience anymore, because as of now he has more experience than her as President.

Rightwing...not hearsay. If you will Google the R's Idaho convention (last week) they voted on platform sections and abolishing public education and repealing the 17th Amendment were voted on. Neither passed, but both were taken seriously. You accused me of throwing insults. I'm not trying to insult anyone...I simply don't understand how either of these positions could be taken by people who are have the best interest of our country in mind.

I find it interesting when people say they want less government and it should only be to "protect" us. Most of us want a road to drive on, a fire department that will show up, an airplane that doesn't fly into another one, and have no idea what we do at this point if our parents didn't qualify for Medicare. If we didn't have government programs to hold down the cost of food, didn't protect water quality, had no regulation of national transmission grid and let companies like good ole Enron control power like they did for awhile, selling it to the highest bidder, or causing a brown out...and of course if we simply let bankers run the world...yip all we need is to "protect". It sounded like protect got used in the manner of the ever famous militia...I thing the true question is who do we need protection from?

I find it interesting when people say they want less government and it should only be to "protect" us. Most of us want a road to drive on, a fire department that will show up, an airplane that doesn't fly into another one, and have no idea what we do at this point if our parents didn't qualify for Medicare. If we didn't have government programs to hold down the cost of food, didn't protect water quality, had no regulation of national transmission grid and let companies like good ole Enron control power like they did for awhile, selling it to the highest bidder, or causing a brown out...and of course if we simply let bankers run the world...yip all we need is to "protect". It sounded like protect got used in the manner of the ever famous militia...I thing the true question is who do we need protection from?

Fire Dept.: Protects Life
Air Traffic Controllers: Protect Life
Taking out Enron: Protecting Property
Minor Bank Regulation: Protecting Propperty

I'm not so narrowminded that I believe we only need a millitary to protect from foreign threats.

Also, there are parts of the 17th ammendment that can be construed as government control when there shouldn't be any...

Public education happens to make sense to me. However most of the regulation on it is rediculous (I'm a secondary education major). No child left behiund? More like smart children held back. Removing much of the public control would improve our schools.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.

Their founders can be found making racist comments about the NAACP or holding a sign with the N-word (misspelled) on it.
Sooooo.

I want a source. If you're going to throw around allegations, give me a source.

Just heard about this Black Tea Patriots movement... Guess we're not a bunch of rich, white, racist men.

Black Tea Patriots | Facebook

I'm by no way saying there are none of the above mentioned in the Tea Party movement, but they are not endorsed by the Tea Party. The Tea Party does not stand behind these people.

You don't judge all Christians based on the ignorant ones involved in the crusades do you? You don't judge all Muslims based on the 'extremists" do you?

Why judge the whole Tea Party based on a few bad apples?

Considering the liberal tendency lie about their opponents I would have to say that all of the above is not true.

Considering the liberal tendency lie about their opponents I would have to say that all of the above is not true.

I would say that happens plenty on both sides of the aisle.

I want a source. If you're going to throw around allegations, give me a source.

Mark Williams, founder of the Tea Party Express, wrote a blog post hitting on every black stereotype in a fake "letter to lincoln." He got called out on it on his blog page, and now that letter seems to have been taken down.
To that end and as a reciprocal gesture I have removed the parody letter you came here to read and urge you to fight those who seek to divide us by race, no matter the color of the racist.
Letter to Lincoln « MarkTalk.com News & Commentary
The letter he was talking about was calling NAACP racists for using the word "colored" in their name while simultaneously making cracks about black people being lazy and whatnot. I'll see if anybody managed to save it.

He also called Allah the "terrorist monkey god."
"The monument would consist of a Mosque for the worship of the terrorists' monkey-god," Williams, a frequent guest on CNN, wrote on his Web site.

Read more: Tea Party leader Mark Williams says Muslims worship a 'monkey god', blasts Ground Zero mosque

Dale Robertson runs TeaParty.org and is this charming fellow:

They later attempted, weakly, to photoshop out the sign and replaced it with this:

Laughable.

Back
Top Bottom