• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Tea Party' off Michigan ballot

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Not the one you think:

'Tea Party' off Michigan ballot | detnews.com | The Detroit News

The Michigan Supreme Court ruled today the controversial Tea Party group -- criticized as a Democratic ploy to siphon votes away from Republicans -- will not be on the November ballot. "We are definitely pleased that the scam that was being perpetrated has been stopped," said John Pirich, an attorney for tea party groups around the state. "We also hope that the investigation into this activity proceeds as expeditiously as possible."

The ruling comes a day after The Detroit News reported links between Democrats and The Tea Party group with 23 candidates that included the former stepmother of the former leader of the Oakland County Democratic Party being recruited to run as well as another candidate who had placed last in a 2008 Democratic primary. The scandal over The Tea Party group forced the resignation of Mike McGuinness, the former Oakland County Democratic chairman, and the firing of Jason Bauer, an organizer for the county Democrats who has been accused of notarizing many of the nominations.

Susan Qashat, a Tea Party candidate for the 26th district house seat, told The News in an interview Thursday she thought she was running for an office to help the Democrats but later learned it was The Tea Party her former stepson, McGuinness, had signed her up for. "I was surprised as hell when someone called and said you're a candidate for The Tea Party," Qashat said. "The Tea Party is a Republican movement. I'm a full-fledged Democrat."

Crap like this is never good for democracy, regardless of who's behind it.

I'm in agreement with you.

On the other hand, I think getting on the ballot at all is more of a pain in the ass than it should be.

The Dims (no spell error) will resort to anything now that their Savior is under attack and being exposed as the Amateur he most certainly is. Remember the shots fired at the Dim office a few months ago and they caught the guy whole did it and he turned out to be one of them involved in a false flag operation.

Please also keep in mind that the Liberal accuse Conservatives all the time of doing things that they themselves are guilty of. It's right out of the ruled for radicals that the Lefties have been using for a long time.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.

Last edited:
I personally love how some folks know Alinsky inside and out yet attribute that to people they disagree with. Which rule is that?

I personally love how some folks know Alinsky inside and out yet attribute that to people they disagree with. Which rule is that?

Maybe this will help. It's good to know what your opponent is up to. Obama taught from Rules for Radicals

Those principles are the ones that the late left-wing activist Saul Alinsky outlined in his 1971 book “Rules for Radicals: A Pragmatic Primer for Realistic Radicals.” Leahy’s book, “Rules for Conservative Radicals,” boils them down and scraps Alinsky’s more “amoral” suggestions. “The problem that conservatives have with Alinsky is that, for him, the ends justified the means,” explained Leahy. “I’m suggesting that we take the successful Alinsky rules, we update them and apply them to new social networking technology, and we execute them in the Judeo-Christian tradition.”

Conservatives find town hall strategy in leftist text
Aug 11, 2009 ... These are principles that conservatives need to know.” Those principles are the ones that the late left-wing activist Saul Alinsky outlined ...
Conservatives find town hall strategy in leftist text « Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

The Dims (no spell error) will resort to anything now that their Savior is under attack and being exposed as the Amateur he most certainly is. Remember the shots fired at the Dim office a few months ago and they caught the guy whole did it and he turned out to be one of them involved in a false flag operation.

Please also keep in mind that the Liberal accuse Conservatives all the time of doing things that they themselves are guilty of. It's right out of the ruled for radicals that the Lefties have been using for a long time.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything.

Yup, Democrats will resort to any tactic, even attacking a veteran who left 3 limbs on the battlefield as unAmerican and a terrorist sympathizer..... Oops, that one wasn't Democrats, that's what the GOP did to Senator Max Cleland of Georgia.

Get off your high horse, there are douche bags on both sides here.

Gateway Pundit, LoL.

Sorry, GP makes Breibart look reliable.

Yup, Democrats will resort to any tactic, even attacking a veteran who left 3 limbs on the battlefield as unAmerican and a terrorist sympathizer..... Oops, that one wasn't Democrats, that's what the GOP did to Senator Max Cleland of Georgia.

Perhaps, but in this case the subject of the thread is left wing douche bags.

If you can't win it honestly, it's best you don't win it all. I know it's idealistic but my politics are driven by my moral sense of the world.

This is Michigan incident is only part of the story. There will be more as November nears.

Gateway Pundit

Thanks for that. Very interesting examples of what happens at Tea Party Rally's that don't make it on MSNBC. Lot's of good footage ruined. :)

i love it when radical Liberals claim ti have some kind of moral standing to rely on.

I also like it when Liberals claim themselves to be Conservatives and then attack real Conservatives.

It is true there are dirt bags in both parties that is why the Tea Party has taken root, it's time for change.

Hmmm....did Cleland still have a mouth? Was he, at the time just the latest example of unassailable front men that the libs put out there for propaganda purposes? And look who ate it up....a "Conservative" {ahem} Riiiiiiiiiight

j-mac

i love it when radical Liberals claim ti have some kind of moral standing to rely on.

I also like it when Liberals claim themselves to be Conservatives and then attack real Conservatives.

It is true there are dirt bags in both parties that is why the Tea Party has taken root, it's time for change.

I suspect the percentage of dirt bags in the Tea Party is identical to the rest of the population.

I suspect the percentage of dirt bags in the Tea Party is identical to the rest of the population.

IMPOSSIBLE! They're real Americans. They wear American underwear and **** their American wives in their American beds. THEY ARE AMERICA. YOU EAT YOUR WORDS!

Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

The Michigan Supreme Court has made the final decision eliminating the fraudulent “Tea Party” Party from the 2010 elections.

Two of Michigan’s Democrat appointed justices joined its small three Republican appointed contingent to declare the so-called “Tea Party” Party ineligible for the ballot.

For months various Democrats and union members have been trying to create a new political party in Michigan misleadingly named the “Tea Party” Party. 23 candidates had been slated from this Democrat dirty trick effort in order to confuse voters...

...at least one Democrat to be thrown out of his party position...

No actual Tea Party groups in Michigan had any connection with the effort...

Some of the supposed candidates for this fake “Tea Party” group were not told they were candidates... one has never registered to vote in Michigan, and another has lived out of state for years and was also not aware he was being offered as a candidate for office.

This was nothing but an illicit Democrat dirty trick effort meant to destroy the integrity of the elections.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/27372
So where is the bias? Read on.

NYT Bemoans Republican's Fake Candidates, Ignored Nearly Identical Democratic Ploy

"Republican Runs Street People on Green Ticket" blares the headline on the front page of today's Times...

The paper's new-found concern for political dirty tricks was nowhere to be seen, however, when a Democratic Party official ran 23 candidates on the specious "Tea Party" ticket in Michigan. The state Supreme Court recently ruled that The Tea Party cannot appear on the ballot in November.

Meanwhile, about 2000 miles away...

The Oakland County Democratic Party says it has requested and accepted the resignation of operations director Jason Bauer in the wake of accusations he notarized campaign filings for a fake Tea Party candidate.

Was a crime committed? Well, the Detroit Free Press reminds us that "Misusing notary public designation is punishable by suspension or revocation of the notary status and a civil fine of up to $1,000."

Despite these facts, the New York Times has yet to run a single story on the Michigan controversy...

Read more: NYT Bemoans Republican's Fake Candidates, Ignored Nearly Identical Democratic Ploy | NewsBusters.org
And they wonder why their sales are plummeting. Too many Journolists.

Re: Michigan Democrats Told Their Fake Tea Party Is Illegal

Maybe a small time fraud case isn't national news? I mean I read it and I find myself not caring. If I was the editor of a National news paper I'd ask myself, "Where is the national importance/interest?" in a story before I ran it. I don't think this story has either.

Also I wouldn't normally point out spelling mistakes but do you misspell journalists on purpose, because I constantly see you spell it "Journolists" and its always capitalized. Whats up with that?

Maybe a small time fraud case isn't national news? I mean I read it and I find myself not caring. If I was the editor of a National news paper I'd ask myself, "Where is the national importance/interest?" in a story before I ran it. I don't think this story has either.

Also I wouldn't normally point out spelling mistakes but do you misspell journalists on purpose, because I constantly see you spell it "Journolists" and its always capitalized. Whats up with that?

Google is your friend... if you use it.

Yeah, election fraud is a small spuds deal for many on the left.

Back
Top Bottom