• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea Party nutjobs only control 18% of the population.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Why are we letting Tea Party wing nuts from rural districts hold the whole country hostage? They only represent 18% of the population so why does the GOP let them get pushed around by these political suicice bombers? I don't understand what is going on. How can Tea party rednecks have more power than mainstream republicians? It is beyond me.

Why are we letting Tea Party wing nuts from rural districts hold the whole country hostage? They only represent 18% of the population so why does the GOP let them get pushed around by these political suicice bombers? I don't understand what is going on. How can Tea party rednecks have more power than mainstream republicians? It is beyond me.

Aren't you capable of writing anything without insults? Do you not realize how foolish your posts sound because of your endless derogatory comments?

Here's what you could have said:
Why are we letting Tea Party hold the whole country hostage? They only represent 18% of the population so why does the GOP leadership allow themselves get pushed around by a minority faction? I don't understand what is going on. How can the Tea party have more power than mainstream republicans?

Really, you're the one who sounds like a wing-nut. Didn't anyone ever teach you manners? You do your party more harm than good by being so infantile in your posts. Your spelling needs work as well.

Aren't you capable of writing anything without insults? Do you not realize how foolish your posts sound because of your endless derogatory comments?

Why are we letting Tea Party hold the whole country hostage? They only represent 18% of the population so why does the GOP leadership allow themselves get pushed around by a minority faction? I don't understand what is going on. How can the Tea party have more power than mainstream republicans?

Really, you're the one who sounds like a wing-nut. Didn't anyone ever teach you manners? You do your party more harm than good by being so infantile in your posts. Your spelling needs work as well.

considering all the derogratory comments certian conservatives on this site make about liberals: comparing liberals to communists, fascist's, dictators, and etc; it is hard to maintain civility if there is no perception of civility.

You must have got up on the wrong side of the bed. Given how those T's in the House are behaving, and the poll support they receive, calling them wing-nuts is being generous in my mind. I have some other stronger words that fit much more than wing-nut.

it is hard to maintain civility if there is no perception of civility.

Do it anyway. Just because the other side is being less than civil doesn't make it more right for your side to be. The lack of civility in political discourse here in this country is one of the main reasons that it's really hard for two sides to actually come together on anything.

Whatever answer you discover will probably be the same answer... to the same question ... applied to an even smaller percentage union membership pushing around the democratic party.

Sometimes it seems small numbers have excessive power though rarely do they have more than is freely given.

Have a good day, JD

Thom Paine

Do it anyway. Just because the other side is being less than civil doesn't make it more right for your side to be. The lack of civility in political discourse here in this country is one of the main reasons that it's really hard for two sides to actually come together on anything.

that is why i don't use the ignore feature on anyone i disagree with, only those that insult me just for having a different point of view.

considering all the derogratory comments certian conservatives on this site make about liberals: comparing liberals to communists, fascist's, dictators, and etc; it is hard to maintain civility if there is no perception of civility.

You must have got up on the wrong side of the bed. Given how those T's in the House are behaving, and the poll support they receive, calling them wing-nuts is being generous in my mind. I have some other stronger words that fit much more than wing-nut.

Have you completely missed my point? Whose words leave a greater impression, civility or hysteria? If all you want to see here is an insult board, be my guest. I gave the OP some good advice. He can use it as he sees fit.

I'm being helpful, not grumpy.

So sinking to their level is the answer? Now you know why our country is in the state it is. Our politicians represent the people. The people are represented by your post. Your post sounds as if a elementary school child wrote. And here we are.

You clearly don't understand what is actually going on.

Truth hurts doesn't it?

So sinking to their level is the answer? Now you know why our country is in the state it is. Our politicians represent the people. The people are represented by your post. Your post sounds as if a elementary school child wrote. And here we are.

i was not advocating anything of the sort.

i was just saying it is hard for me to maintain being civil when i encounter extreme amounts of hostility.

and just for the record have i ever been insulting or uncivil toward you?

liberals only make up of 21% of the population so why are we letting the lazy ass give me what you earned because im to lazy to earn it my self, class warfare, pinko commies control 2/3 of the government

conservatives make up 40% of the population

Conservatives Remain the Largest Ideological Group in U.S.

Last edited:
i was not advocating anything of the sort.

i was just saying it is hard for me to maintain being civil when i encounter extreme amounts of hostility.

and just for the record have i ever been insulting or uncivil toward you?
I didn't say you have been. What I'm saying is that your post exemplifies the issues our politicians and country as a whole have. Name calling and mud slinging are the norm now.

Smarter than all the rest. Its easy to contol 82% when the 18% killed them on the SAT.

as long as the final deal is made at the end of the day, then name calling and mud-slinging would just be partisan banter.

But we're not getting those final deals at the end of the day as much as we should, and I think the lack of political civility in this country is at least part of that. Obviously it'll never go away, but I think working to lessen it would be beneficial.

But we're not getting those final deals at the end of the day as much as we should, and I think the lack of political civility in this country is at least part of that. Obviously it'll never go away, but I think working to lessen it would be beneficial.
That, and our politicians constant need to bloviate. It's ridiculous when they get up and rant and rave "The parks are closed! AHHHH! Suzy isn't getting a flu shot! AHHH!" I'm sitting here thinking "Yeah dude, the last 3 idiots before you said that......next!"

Have you completely missed my point? Whose words leave a greater impression, civility or hysteria? If all you want to see here is an insult board, be my guest. I gave the OP some good advice. He can use it as he sees fit.

I'm being helpful, not grumpy.

Fight fire with fire is what I have to say about it. Some times you have to hit the bully in the nose! Especcially these loud talking crybabies

Excuse for being a reactionary extremist. It's the other fellow's fault.

Fight fire with fire is what I have to say about it. Some times you have to hit the bully in the nose! Especcially these loud talking crybabies

Looked in the mirror lately? DU members calling FR members unhinged and/or ignorant is the height of hilarity.

Because they represent the "Real Americans". I thought everyone knew that. The other 80%--you know, the rest of us--are mongrel hordes, chock full of queers, niggers, furrinoars, snot-nosed kids, and various other dregs of society that they'd prefer didn't vote---last I looked, we were all labeled "takers" and "low-information voters".

Back
Top Bottom