• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea party man punches woman at Reid Angle debate

Moot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"....A fight among audience members broke out toward the end of the forum as Reid supporters tried to leave while Angle was still speaking.

Kelly Tanaka said an unidentified man pushed her over and punched her friend Thursday after the forum. The man was detained by school officials.

The 27-year-old Tanaka said the fight occurred because she walked past the man, not because she supports Reid and he backs Angle.

On the issues, neither Reid nor Angle’s answers to the six questions about the economy and small business were surprising.....edit

As the forum ended and Angle turned to leave the stage, a woman approached her to ask why she wants to limit help for people with autism. The Reid campaign this week released video of Angle in which she appears to criticize a Nevada mandate that requires insurance companies to cover treatment for autism.

Angle ignored the question. Her handlers had warned that she would not be speaking with anyone after the event. They had to whisk her away to catch a flight to Reno for a morning fundraiser.

Angle looked past the woman, waved to the crowd one last time and walked away.

Senate candidate forum ends with scuffle in crowd - Las Vegas Sun

Look, just because Sharon Angle wants to turn Nevada into a nuclear waste dump, ban gambling, thinks rape and incest is God's will, get rid of social security, medicare, and unemployment, deny funding for research on autistism, will resort to using the second amendment if she loses to Harry Reid, and probably thinks mice have human brains too, is no reason for an Angle supporter to punch a woman just because she's wearing the same shirt. LOL

Seriously, punching a woman is a no no.

The mice with human brains thing was O'Donnell, I thought?

Counterpoint: Sometimes women deserve to be punched, and to do otherwise in those cases would be sexism!

Harry Reid’s Thugs Interrupt Sharron Angle at Debate- Won’t Let Her Speak (Video)

A fight broke out in the crowd last night in Las Vegas at the Reid-Angle debate.
Harry Reid recorded his answers to the questions and couldn’t make the debate
Sep 24, 2010 ... Angle's supporter (who was a man) hit the WOMAN first and then she said .... “ fist fight between supporters of Harry Reid and Sharron Angle. ...
Gateway Pundit

Look, just because Sharon Angle wants to turn Nevada into a nuclear waste dump, ban gambling, thinks rape and incest is God's will, get rid of social security, medicare, and unemployment, deny funding for research on autistism, will resort to using the second amendment if she loses to Harry Reid, and probably thinks mice have human brains too, is no reason for an Angle supporter to punch a woman just because she's wearing the same shirt. LOL

I think I'd wait for more information before making claims about what happened here. You can't really trust the word of someone involved in a fight who's claiming that the other party hit them first. Given that the police interviewed everyone and made no arrests, it seems unlikely that it played out the way this woman is claiming.

From the article
The audience, seemingly split in their loyalties, drowned out both candidates with competing jeers and applause. Pleas for decorum by organizers were ignored.
it shows again how we have continued to slide down the sewage pipe of becoming barking dogs without brains. Both sides were equally represented by pea brains it seems.

I think I'd wait for more information before making claims about what happened here. You can't really trust the word of someone involved in a fight who's claiming that the other party hit them first. Given that the police interviewed everyone and made no arrests, it seems unlikely that it played out the way this woman is claiming.
You don't need to take my word for it, because it's all on video in the article and you can see for yourself who threw the first and only punch.

The mice with human brains thing was O'Donnell, I thought?

Counterpoint: Sometimes women deserve to be punched, and to do otherwise in those cases would be sexism!
I was making a joke and if you can read properly you would see that I quantified my comment with the word "probably".

Nobody deserves to be punched. If you feel the need to punch someone then maybe you don't have a very good argument to begin with.

You don't need to take my word for it, because it's all on video in the article and you can see for yourself who threw the first and only punch.

I don't see any video in your article. Am I missing something?

Harry Reid’s Thugs Interrupt Sharron Angle at Debate- Won’t Let Her Speak (Video)

A fight broke out in the crowd last night in Las Vegas at the Reid-Angle debate.
Sep 24, 2010 ... Angle's supporter (who was a man) hit the WOMAN first and then she said .... “ fist fight between supporters of Harry Reid and Sharron Angle. ...
Gateway Pundit
That's right, Sharon Angle's THUG threw the first punch. But wasn't it interesting he was wearing the same shirt as the woman he punched?

I don't see any video in your article. Am I missing something?
My bad, it was in the photo gallery. But it's pretty clear who threw the first punch from the photos and no one seems to be disputing that fact since it was caught on camera. You can clearly see he clipped her in the head and her hair flying up as she fell. There were also many eye witnesses who had to subdue the man.

My bad, it was in the photo gallery. But it's pretty clear who threw the first punch from the photos and no one seems to be disputing that fact since it was caught on camera. You can clearly see he clipped her in the head and her hair flying up as she fell. There were also many eye witnesses who had to subdue the man.

And yet he wasn't arrested, which indicates to me that it's not as cut and dried as you're painting it.

And yet he wasn't arrested, which indicates to me that it's not as cut and dried as you're painting it.
The man threw the first punch speaks for itself and I don't need to paint anything to say he did because it was caught on camera. Are there other mitigating circumstances, who knows but the fact remains, the man hit the woman in the face. Whether she wants to press charges, remains to be seen.

So much for equality. I know a few that would whoop your ass and ten other guys.

So much for equality. I know a few that would whoop your ass and ten other guys.

Have you ever really felt threaten by a female?

There are some tough women no doubt but they are physically weaker than most males. Men have more upper body strength and larger hearts and lungs which enable endurance.

I will admit in the picture of the confrontation the man looks like a pregnant slug and probably was the weaker of the two.

Have you ever really felt threaten by a female?

There are some tough women no doubt but they are physically weaker than most males. Men have more upper body strength and larger hearts and lungs which enable endurance.

I will admit in the picture of the confrontation the man looks like a pregnant slug and probably was the weaker of the two.

I had a girlfriend that nearly killed me with a frying pan. Yeah, I felt threatened.

That's right, Sharon Angle's THUG threw the first punch. But wasn't it interesting he was wearing the same shirt as the woman he punched?

Is this what politcal debate has come to. Some nut hits someone and that nut is then owned by one candidate! If this is what political discussion has lowered itself to then no wonder we have politicians who behave the way they do.

yup, there certainly are those women who could do just that, no doubt about it. But then if women are going to punch men first, then I don't think they should be too surprised if they get punched in return. Everyone has the right to defend themselves, even against violently, aggressive, crazy women. But that wasn't the case here, now was it?

I had a girlfriend that nearly killed me with a frying pan. Yeah, I felt threatened.
lol, hitting a man over the head with a frying pan when they are asleep was the long time advice given to women if their spouse ever hit or beat them, with the idea in mind that it would make the man think twice before hitting his woman again. Did it always work, of course not. But that was the advice to women before restraining orders and domestic abuse were taken seriously by law enforcement.

I'm not so naive to think some women aren't guilty of provoking men, because they do and they know when they are doing it. But to say they deserve to get hit or be beaten into submission, which is usually the reason men have for beating women, that is inexcusable and there is no justification for. But again, that isn't the case here, either.

For whatever reason, the old geezer simply took a pot shot at the woman and only proved himself to be less of a man. But public opinion is probably all the punishment neccessary in this case, since the pictures also show the woman may have been provoking a fight, either with the old man or someone else, which is hard to tell just from the pictures.

Last edited:

There is one in Texas that is even badder than that. There is even a song named after her. It's called "The Texas City Dyke". LOL.

Her thug? That's a bit much. It was an idiot in the crowd, not her entourage.

Open your eyes..... if someone runs a stop sign and kills a pedestrian it's a Tea Partier or a right wing radical...... get with the program.

Gateway Pundit

thanks for the verification, barb.

Well, thats quite a double standard you got there considering I was merely using the term back at the person who said it first.

Not exactly, since I had completely skipped over it. I clicked on the link, and surprise surprise, it was a blog post. So, you have my agreement on it. And I will raise it even further and declare, "yet another idiotic blogger. God I hate bloggers".

Open your eyes..... if someone runs a stop sign and kills a pedestrian it's a Tea Partier or a right wing radical...... get with the program.
Paid by Bill Koch, too. Don't forget that part.

According to the content of this story the Title of this Thread "Tea party man punches woman at Reid Angle debate." pregidous overly partisan and 100% pure bovine scatology and a damnable lie.

Kelly Tanaka said an unidentified man pushed her over and punched her friend

Note the man was unidentified ( No MENTION WHAT EVER OF HIM BEING IN THE TEA PARTY) and the woman was pushed not punched.

You say "Your Lean is Undisclosed." "WELL THAT'S OVER NOW" with your obvious use of false and or misleading statements, (also known as propaganda), to make disparaging remarks or claims against you perceived enemies.

Moot is what you should have remained because: "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting"
WTF over.

Those who stand for nothing fall for anything, and as in this case just make shtuff up to stay in line with the rules for radicala.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom