• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea Party Are you in or Out. Personal poll

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The following are a number of questions I feel we should have been
ask in some official poll.

Simply copy the questions and paste them in your response with your
answer.

I have included my answers to get you started and to show you my views.

Have fun I think these are pretty telling questions based on what your answers are.

#1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Yes

2. Do you identify with the Tea Party? Yes

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? NO

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? No

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? No

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Yes

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? No

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? No

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? Yes

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? No

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? Yes

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? No

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? Yes

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? No

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? Yes

Thank you for your attention.

#1. Do you agree with the basic tenets of the Tea Party? No

2. Do you identify with the Tea Party? No

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations (of racism and hate speech) from the Left? No

4. Do think all of the Tea Party members are Racists? No

6. Is the Tea Party based on legitimate concerns for the future for our children? No

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? Hell no

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? Yes

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? No

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? Yes

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? No

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Yes

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? No, not even close

Edit: Decided to clarify the questions a little myself. Additions are in bold. Also changed it to tenets.

Last edited:
#1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party?
dunno... who do they rent to? or perhaps you meant 'tenets'?

there are no basic tenets of the Tea Party because there is no Tea Party. they have no platform. You cannot really speak of "it" and you can hardly speak of "them" as there is little enough to connect them aside from hateful and mostly empty rhetoric.

it will fade after the november elections. the republicans cannot afford them. with heroes like O'Donnel and Palin, they have no future in policy - ignorance is not an ideology. Rand is certainly no lightweight. he is, though, pushing for the elimination of so much that so many depend on, he cannot be expected to be any more successful than Ron Paul has been.

the rest of your "poll" is your own ill-informed opinion in piss poor disguise.

geo.

Have fun I think these are pretty telling questions based on what your answers are.

#1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? No

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? My opinions are not affected by any wild accusations...important distinction there.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? some are, just like with any other large group

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Concern, yes. Whether the concern is justified is more open to debate. It is also far from the only thing the Tera Party is based on.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? It's not his job to be, any more than any other partisan commentator is "honest and fair". This is a stupid question.

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? see above

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? see above

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? Yes, but don't care.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? This is retarded

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? Moreso than McCain or any other republican.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? More no than yes

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? sure

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? Oh god no.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? No

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Partly

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Bwahahaha!

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest and fair? I think he believes what he says but biased and not fair.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? I think he believes what he says but biased and not fair.

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? I think he's an amalgamation of many things.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? I think he's an amalgamation of many things.

answer.

Okay. I'm game.

As the Tea Party is more of a broad movement and not a formal political party or organization, I don't think there is anyone with the authority to formally define what the basic tenants of the Tea Party are. Because of this, I can't say whether or not I agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party, or which points I agree or disagree with.

2. Do you identify with the Tea Party?

No I do not.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left?

No, and neither are they affected by the wild accusations from the Right.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists?

Not all of them, no. However, I think there are some Tea Party members that are racists. And I don't think that all of the concerns of the Tea Party are based on racism.

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate?

No. However, I think there are some elements who would use hate to motivate members of the Tea Party towards their other agendas.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children?

Yes. However, some of those concerns are misplaced.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair?

No. I trust Keith Olbermann to use his show to generate ratings so MSNBC can sell commercials during that time to generate ad revenues.

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair?

No. I trust Chris Matthews to use his show to generate ratings so MSNBC can sell commercials during that time to generate ad revenues.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair?

No. I trust Glenn Beck to use his show to generate ratings so Fox News Network can sell commercials during that time to generate ad revenues.

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian?

Yes, but I'm more concerned about his policies more than I am of his religious affiliation.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim?

No, but if he was a Muslim I wouldn't care about that if I agreed with his policies.

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests?

I trust Obama to try to enact the policies that he campaigned on, checked by legislation that gets passed or doesn't get passed in Congress.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies?

I don't totally agree on all of his economic policies; however, his economic policies mesh more with my ideas than the economic policies of most members of the Republican Party.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises?

I trust the amount of what Obama says as much as I trust the amount of what any other politician, Democrat or Republican, says.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama?

No I do not.

You're welcome.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? NO

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? A few are, most aren't.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Yes

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Hahahahaha...uh...no.

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? Hahahahaha....uh....no.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? Yes

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? No

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Hm....yes. Not that I agree with it.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? In local government, yes. In federal issues, no.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Hm....yes. Not that I agree with it.
see.... conservatives CAN be rational after all!
15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? In local government, yes. In federal issues, no.

well... OCCASIONALLY, anyway,

geo.

Last edited:

answer.

#1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? no

2. Do you identify with the Tea Party? no

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? no

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? some of them

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? in a way yes

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? no

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? no

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? meh most of the time

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? lol no

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? i think he's an athiest

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? no

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? mostly

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? some of them
14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? most of them but not all

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama?
:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo no

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Not really.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? Yes, in that I find myself defending them far more often than I would like.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Not as a whole, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are a somewhat disproportionate number of racists in the group, as that's what happens with any populist movement.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Pretty much everyone bases their positions on things like this - people just disagree about how best to achieve those goals.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? No

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? I trust him to do what he thinks is in the nation's best interests. I disagree with him on several of those issues, but he's not out to destroy the country or anything.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? Some of them.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Some things.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? By now, of course not. Two years as president teaches you more than 20 years doing anything else. At the time they were elected, he had 8 years of experience as a state senator and 4 years as a US Senator, while she had 8 years of experience as mayor of a small town and 2 years of experience as a Governor. Those are essentially a wash from my perspective.

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Their tenets seem pretty murky and uncertain. Given the nature of the movement (as not a real political party or particularly organized political movement) this isn't surprising. I'll say that smaller government and lower deficits are basic ideas I can agree with, but without more specific talk about the methods to achieve this I can't say whether I agree with the Tea Party or not.

2. Do you identify with the Tea Party? No.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? As this questioned is worded its worthless. No one is going to say they are affected by "wild" accusations. If you drop the "wild" part then its an OK question. But given that isn't the case I refuse to answer such an obviously skewed question.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Not all of them for sure, and probably not a majority of them. However, there does appear to be a section of them that are.

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? That's kind of vague. A liberal might say s/he is motivated by "hatred" of inequality. If you mean by racial hate, then no I don't think so. If you mean a more abstract "hate" for (from their perspective) high taxes and large government, or just "hate" for the country going in (again from their perspective) the wrong direction, then sure but who isn't?

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Just about everyone except people against the continuation of the human species bases their political belief at least partly for the concern for the future of our children. So yes, but the question doesn't mean much.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Nope

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? Nope

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? Nope

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? No, seriously Tea Partiers its crap like this that gives liberals ammunition against you.

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? To the extent that he believes it to be in the Nation's best interest sure. What actually is the nation's best interest is a far more complex issue than I could hope to deal with in one answering question with any kind of brevity and then measuring Obama's actions against it adds even more complexity and thus word length to my answer.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? Overall, yes, but not necessarily hugely (at least in comparison to what is politically possible).

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? A few things sure, though he's clearly had major problems enacting many of his promises.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? In general no. Being governor of a state of less than a million people is not superior experience to being a Senator when it comes to being president over 300 million Americans.

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Some of them probably (not really sure what they are to be honest)

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? No, my opinion isn't affected by wild accusations by anyone.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? I'm sure some are, but I don't believe the majority are.

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? No, but I believe it is mostly based on dissatisfaction with the way things are.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Among other things, yes. Whether or not those concerns are valid or not is up for debate.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Absolutely not.

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? Absolutely not.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? Absolutely not.

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? I believe him to be about as devout as most US Christians. I don't really care about his religious beliefs though.

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? I trust him to do what he believes is in the nation's best interests.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? I believe some of the are wrong and others are right.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? No more or less so than I do any other politician.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? Not in the slightest.

Last edited:
1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? No.

2. Do you identify with the Tea Party? No.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? People who say ridiculous things don't affect my view, whatever their political stripe.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Not all of them, but a large segment of them.

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? Based on? No, but they bubble with it anyway.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Partly, but the concerns are ridiculous.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Generally? No.

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? Every now and again.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? Not in a million years.

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? No.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? No.

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? Occasionally.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? Occasionally.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? It's been known to happen.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? Objectively false.

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Some

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? No, I tend to think for myself

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Not any more than members of any other group of people

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? No

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Who?

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? Who?

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? Who?

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? Don't care

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? Don't care

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? What HE thinks is in the nation's best interest, yes

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Yes

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? Dear ****ing god no. She is the primary reason I don't give the "tea party" a second thought

Damn, I so wanted to reply but samsmart got it right.

Who even knows what the **** they are??!!

Fiscal conservatism? Sure.

Government responsibility? You bet.

Ban all abortions...? Wait...stop.

Ban gay marriage? Hold it. No.

Jesus wrote the constitution? Get ****ed.

Sarah Palin 2012?? Got to hell.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Partly

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Bwahahaha!

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest and fair? I think he believes what he says but biased and not fair.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? I think he believes what he says but biased and not fair.

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? I think he's an amalgamation of many things.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? I think he's an amalgamation of many things.

works for me and saves typing

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Yes

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Some are.

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? No.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Different people have different motivations.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? Honest yes, fair no.

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? No.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest andfair? I think he believes what he says, but he isn't fair.

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? Yes.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? No.

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? He's a politican.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? Only time will tell.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? He's a poltician.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? More experience at quitting halfway through.

Just curious....what do you disagree with?

The general ideas of smaller government and lower taxes are perfectly fine. I just draw the line at some of the populist rhetoric re: Obama's attempts to destroy the government, elimination of the fed, anti-bank sentiment, etc.

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? Not really.

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? Yes, in that I find myself defending them far more often than I would like.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Not as a whole, though I wouldn't be surprised if there are a somewhat disproportionate number of racists in the group, as that's what happens with any populist movement.

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? Pretty much everyone bases their positions on things like this - people just disagree about how best to achieve those goals.

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? No

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? I trust him to do what he thinks is in the nation's best interests. I disagree with him on several of those issues, but he's not out to destroy the country or anything.

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? Some of them.

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Some things.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? By now, of course not. Two years as president teaches you more than 20 years doing anything else. At the time they were elected, he had 8 years of experience as a state senator and 4 years as a US Senator, while she had 8 years of experience as mayor of a small town and 2 years of experience as a Governor. Those are essentially a wash from my perspective.

This, but I don't care/know about 10 or 11.

1. Do you agree with the basic tenants of the Tea Party? I have no clue what their tenets are.. evict a RINO? If so, no I hate divisiveness and extremism, which is what I perceive their "tenets" to be

3. Is your opinion affected by the all the wild accusations from the Left? Not as much as it is by your wording of the question.

4. Do think the Tea Party members are Racists? Everyone else already answered this, there are racists, and I think it would be disproportionate compared to the populace as a whole, yet still the minority, we cannot take the fringe elements to represent the group

5. Is the Tea Party based on hate? Some hatred of some ideologies, opinions, or outlooks fueled by divisive rhetoric. yes

6. Is the Tea Party based on concerns for the future for our children? it is based on discontent with the present, concern for the future is a lovely rebranding of their disdain though.

7. Do you trust Keith Olbermann to be honest and fair? this series of questions have already been answered by many. I expect him to say what is needed to appeal to the audience that subsidizes his paycheck

8. Do you trust Chris Mathews to be honest honest and fair? I expect him to say what is needed to appeal to the audience that subsidizes his paycheck

9. Do you trust Glenn Beck to be honest and fair? I expect him to say what is needed to appeal to the audience that subsidizes his paycheck

10. Do you believe Obama is really a Christian? How devout I do not know, but the question is irrelevant for me, I think he believes there is a god, or at least that it is prudent to believe in one.

11. Do you believe Obama is a closet Muslim? I believe this contributes to making it very easy for many people to marginalize members of the tea party as crazed rhetoric driven fools who suck up what is spoon fed to them without question.

12. Do you trust Obama to do what is in the Nations best interests? He is not deliberately undermining our nation and selling us out, he is legitimately trying and doing what he feels is required to lead us into a prosperous future. Just as with any politician, or individual I will not be in complete agreement with what his beliefs are, nor will I consider them all to be what I view as in our best interest

13. Do you believe Obama is wrong on his economic policies? partially, but our economy is such a cluster **** that I don't think anyone could get it right, too many years of "We are in charge lets do this" followed by "we are in charge lets renig this and do the opposite" have left a quagmire of an economy that I don't think anyone could do "right"

14. Do you trust anything Obama says or promises? Yes, he means some of what he says, as trustworthy as any other politician - which is not saying much.

15. Do you think Sarah Palin has more and better experience than Obama? on facebook and twitter, yes (or at least her proxies are experienced), on governance no, she is just a font of folksy idioms and appealing empty rhetoric for those who adore her and little more.

Last edited:
The general ideas of smaller government and lower taxes are perfectly fine. I just draw the line at some of the populist rhetoric re: Obama's attempts to destroy the government, elimination of the fed, anti-bank sentiment, etc.

I would say the smaller government and lower taxes are the meat of the tea party. Everything else is just side issues.

I would say the smaller government and lower taxes are the meat of the tea party. Everything else is just side issues.

how do you do it? lower taxes is just a vacuous appeal to the masses plinth that has been used since time immemorial.

What government can we amputate and what government must we keep?

Last edited:

When you say "smaller government," which aspects of government should be smaller, and does this include local and state governments or is limited to just the federal government?

When you say "lower taxes," which government policies will get less funding because of less tax revenue, and why?

Back
Top Bottom