• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tea Party = Anti Gay

CriticalThought

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Just as the GOP was beginning to make progress on gay rights, the Tea Party injects new venom towards gays into the party.

First we have a tea party President Tim Ravndal making tweets where he appears to endorse violence against gays, and after he is kicked out, dozens of his friends leave the tea party in protest.

Then O'Donnell argues that homosexuality is an identity disorder.

Now Ken Beck argues that the military needs to be "homogeneous" and protected from the "lifestyle choices" of gays and lesbians who choose to serve their country.

So this is how the Tea Party sets itself apart? By endorsing views that are right out of the 1950s?

The Plum Line - Tea Party candidates at odds with top GOP figures on homosexuality

Last edited:
Political self-cannibalization is a sign that maybe you SHOULDN'T take that particular group seriously.

Just as the GOP was beginning to make progress on gay rights, the Tea Party injects new venom towards gays into the party.

First we have a tea party President Tim Ravndal making tweets where he appears to endorse violence against gays, and after he is kicked out, dozens of his friends leave the tea party in protest.

Then O'Donnell argues that homosexuality is an identity disorder.

Now Ken Beck argues that the military needs to be "homogeneous" and protected from the "lifestyle choices" of gays and lesbians who choose to serve their country.

So this is how the Tea Party sets itself apart? By endorsing views that are right out of the 1950s?

The Plum Line - Tea Party candidates at odds with top GOP figures on homosexuality

Obama believes marriage is between a man and a woman, when will you all be kicking him out of the democrat party?

Obama believes marriage is between a man and a woman, when will you all be kicking him out of the democrat party?
Believing something and trying to force your beliefs into policy are two different things.

Obama has said he believes marriage is between one man and one woman but he has not, to my knowledge, attempted to enforce that belief through law.

Believing something and trying to force your beliefs into policy are two different things.

Obama has said he believes marriage is between one man and one woman but he has not, to my knowledge, attempted to enforce that belief through law.

Neither has the tea party. Hypocrisy noted.

Excuse me. What does that have to do with the tea party being a bunch of raging homophobes? You can support traditional marriage and not be a homophobe, but supporting violence against gays, calling homosexuality an identity disorder, and claiming that military must be homogeneous and protected form the lifestyle choices of gays and lesbians, are all homophobic statements.

Excuse me. What does that have to do with the tea party being a bunch of raging homophobes?

That's a lie.

You can support traditional marriage and not be a homophobe, but supporting violence against gays, calling homosexuality an identity disorder, and claiming that military must be homogeneous and protected form the lifestyle choices of gays and lesbians, are all homophobic statements.

Do they speak for the entire movement?

John wayne gacey was a liberal, does he speak for all liberals?

:failpail:

you are going to need a bigger bucket.

I just pointed out examples that show that it is not.

you noted 3 possible and you attribute it to the whole movement? its a dishonest lie, you try to attack our integrity by showing none yourself. Bravo chief. well executed. :thumbs:

When they are elected members of the movement, then yes, they do.

When did I vote for these folks? It's an asinine position to make this claim. John wayne gacey was an elected democratic party captain. I guess you support luring in childeren for sex and murder. See how idiotic your position is?

you noted 3 possible and you attribute it to the whole movement? its a dishonest lie, you try to attack our integrity by showing none yourself. Bravo chief. well executed. :thumbs:

Please feel free to show me some elected examples from the tea party movement who are not raging homophobes.

Please feel free to show me some elected examples from the tea party movement who are not raging homophobes.

I'm not here to indulge your lies and slander. Sorry.

The tea party is not about social issues. never was, it is about fiscal ones.

Why don't you hold obama to the same standard, he believes marriage is between a man and a woman. Your hypocrisy rages only slightly more than your lack of honesty and integrity.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpoli...od-news-for-gay-republicans-log-cabin-founder

:failpail:

I'm not here to indulge your lies and slander. Sorry.

The tea party is not about social issues. never was, it is about fiscal ones.

Why don't you hold obama to the same standard, he believes marriage is between a man and a woman. Your hypocrisy rages only slightly more than your lack of honesty and integrity.

So far I have 3 elected examples of raging homophobes in the tea party, so I'm feeling pretty confident that the movement is one of raging homophobes.

Also, I'm not a democrat but even if I was, it is pretty clear they don't support same sex marriage. Clinton signed DOMA after all.

Last edited:

There's a tea party President? He had DOZENS of friends?

Political self-cannibalization is a sign that maybe you SHOULDN'T take that particular group seriously.

Every single political movement in history has gone through the exact same process.

Last edited:
So far I have 3 elected examples of raging homophobes in the tea party, so I'm feeling pretty confident that the movement is one of raging homophobes.

Also, I'm not a democrat but even if I was, it is pretty clear they don't support same sex marriage. Clinton signed DOMA after all.

So you are just a hysterical ultra liberal all butt hurt about the tea party. noted.

Wait, who are these three people?

Meh, he sees the Tea Party as libertarians. Obviously we can garner from the type of people they are electing that they are not.

This is moronic. Your hysterics blind your common sense. If the Tea party were republicans they wouldn't be the cause of making it harder for the republicans to take the houses.

Again, your hypocritical doublestandard exposes your dishonesty for what it is.

Nope. Libertarian. I recognize the Tea Party as just a rebranding of the Christian Right.

Nonsense. you are actually from what I see in your posts a militant homosexual whos Identity is his sex life, who gives a pass to left wing intolerance while chasing windmills like don quixote calling anyone and whole groups of people homophobes based on the supposed actions of 3, one who was kicked out.

To be fair, the tea party is nothing more than radicals from the Republican party. And we all know that the republican party is a party for people with backward ideology now times that backwardness by like a hundred and you have the tea party. So yeah nothing surprises me from the republi.....uh tea part due to the members being backward hypocrites with little wanting of freedom since it does not fit their utopian view of the world. A world without gays, blacks, brown, other religions aside from christianity, etc etc.

To be fair, the tea party is nothing more than radicals from the Republican party. And we all know that the republican party is a party for people with backward ideology now times that backwardness by like a hundred and you have the tea party. So yeah nothing surprises me from the republi.....uh tea part due to the members being backward hypocrites with little wanting of freedom since it does not fit their utopian view of the world. A world without gays, blacks, brown, other religions aside from christianity, etc etc.

More asinine ramblings of the ignorant.

More asinine ramblings of the ignorant.

That is just a low thing to say. Why am I not surprised that you are a republican? And to top that off you are also a former soldier. pfff. I am not ignorant, I see things for the way they are and that is that the tea party is made up of the most hyporcritical and intolerant sector of the republican party. That is a fact.

That is just a low thing to say. Why am I not surprised that you are a republican? And to top that off you are also a former soldier. pfff. I am not ignorant, I see things for the way they are and that is that the tea party is made up of the most hyporcritical and intolerant sector of the republican party. That is a fact.

You offered a dumb generalization about the tea party and republicans as a whole and you accuse him of lowering the discourse?

Back
Top Bottom