• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taylor Swift

webrockk

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I'm a folk / classical guitarist that stumbles around enjoying most other genres... however, and as a rule, "country music" has never much appealed to me. Sure, a few old classics, Hank Sr, Jr., David Allen Coe, Mark Chesnut and a few others have elicited an emotional reaction, and some playing time....but...

Taylor Swift brings tiny, quiet tears every time I hear her sing.

I'm not sure if it's her talent, innocence, or her vitality and enthusiasm that does it, but she restores a bit of my faith in future generations.

Last edited:
I'm a folk / classical guitarist that stumbles around enjoying most other genres... however, and as a rule, "country music" has never much appealed to me. Sure, a few old classics, Hank Sr, Jr., David Allen Coe, Mark Chesnut and a few others have elicited an emotional reaction, and some playing time....but...

Taylor Swift brings tiny, quiet tears every time I hear her sing.

I'm not sure if it's her talent, innocence, or her vitality and enthusiasm that does it, but she restores a bit of my faith in future generations.

I don't think I've ever heard anything she sings.

:shock:

Well sir, I like Taylor Swift. She's cute, and she can sing right purdy.

But Miss Taylor Swift cries herself to sleep at night, wishing she could sing like Norah Jones, and knowing it will never come true. :cool:

YouTube- Norah Jones - Cold Cold Heart

(Taylor wishes she was half as beautiful too. :mrgreen: )

Last edited:

But Miss Taylor Swift cries herself to sleep at night, wishing she could sing like Norah Jones, and knowing it will never come true. :cool:

I do know who Norah Jones is and I like her!

:lol:

at least she has a goal.

I don't much like country either but I do like Taylor Swift. I got a bit more interested in her after I heard about what that f*ckstick Kanye West did at the MTV awards.

I youtubed the video for You Belong To Me, and the video for Single Ladies. He thought one of the best videos of all time was Beyonce doing some rather simplistic dances with 2 backup dancers, in black and white, behind a blank screen. Meanwhile, Swift's video was kinda cheesy, but funny - and much more elaborate and thought-out.

I don't have a problem with the Kanye West self-promotion machine. Just don't act like a stupid son of a bitch while doing it.

I like country music, but not so much the new generation. Swift is ok on some songs, but not traditional enough to suit me. Alan Jackson summed it up well a few years ago.

Nobody saw them running
From 16th Avenue
They never found the fingerprints
Or the weapon that was used
But someone killed country music
Cut out its heart and soul
They got away with murder
Down on music row

The almight dollar
And the lust for worldwide fame
Slowly killed tradition
And for that, someone shouldhang ("Ahh, you tell 'em Alan")
They all say "Not Guilty!"
But the evidence will show
That murder was committed
Down on music row

For the steel guitars no longer cry
And the fiddles barely play
But drums and rock 'n' roll guitars
Are mixed up in your face
Ol' Hank wouldn't have a chance
On today's radio
Since they committed murder
Down on music row