• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Taxes, bankruptcies and your money; the ugly truth"

Practical

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
This is what the feds are for, this and only this. It is specifically enumerated right here. This is what you can do, this is your purpose, and no other. And just because it doesn't specifically say you 'CANT' do something, doesn't mean you can. Alexander Hamilton was wrong then and the feds are wrong now. If you want a specific power, there is a process, it's called amendment.

Article 1 Section 8!

This is what the feds are for, this and only this. It is specifically enumerated right here. This is what you can do, this is your purpose, and no other. And just because it doesn't specifically say you 'CANT' do something, doesn't mean you can. Alexander Hamilton was wrong then and the feds are wrong now. If you want a specific power, there is a process, it's called amendment.

Article 1 Section 8!

Overly simplistic. Constitutional does not mean 'it's in the Constitution and nowhere else. McCullough v Maryland 1819

Lol. Surprised me.

"Taxes, bankruptcies and your....

I thought for sure the thread title would be: "Taxes, bankruptcies and your President"

I'm still waiting to find out what's so wrong about taxes, bankruptcies and my money. The video provided a decent brief overview of Art. 1, Sect. 8 of the U.S. Constitution, but really didn't touch on those issues outlined in the thread's title.

Back
Top Bottom