• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tax the Church

The government could tax churches. It neither prevents the free exercise nor establishes a religion provided all churches are levied with the same tax rate and no church is exempted.

Define Bill of Attainder. Wait, you already did...

Go for it.

When you tax them like you do corporations…can they also form PACs line corporations do?

Especially this one. Its applying a directed penalty.
The separation of church and state should be a two-way street.

TBH, I had to look up Bill of Attainder. Saw nothing that apples to taxation of churches.

Can you point out what applies?

The separation of church and state should be a two-way street.

TBH, I had to look up Bill of Attainder. Saw nothing that apples to taxation of churches.

Can you point out what applies?

Its a penalty being applied without cause or trial.

Then the churches need to stick to religion.

I still do not see how it applies in this instance?
Then you do not understand a Bill of Attainder, its aimed at a specific person or group of people instead of aimed to legislate all.

Then the churches need to stick to religion.

I still do not see how it applies in this instance?
Does that include Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Churches qualify to be tax exempt by refraining from participating in politics. When they clearly do so, they should lose the tax exemption. This should be across the board. Printing up voting guides, and hanging political banners is participating in politics. The government has been lax in allowing this to go on for so many years.

This is the second time that I have linked the appropriate link. I have more than met you half-way. All I get is your opinion.

Why don’t you quote how this applies to churches and taxes?

Churches qualify to be tax exempt by refraining from participating in politics. When they clearly do so, they should lose the tax exemption. This should be across the board. Printing up voting guides, and hanging political banners is participating in politics. The government has been lax in allowing this to go on for so many years.
Certain activities or expenditures may not be prohibited depending on the facts and circumstances. For example, certain voter education activities (including presenting public forums and publishing voter education guides) conducted in a non-partisan manner do not constitute prohibited political campaign activity. In addition, other activities intended to encourage people to participate in the electoral process, such as voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, would not be prohibited political campaign activity if conducted in a non-partisan manner.

Certain activities or expenditures may not be prohibited depending on the facts and circumstances. For example, certain voter education activities (including presenting public forums and publishing voter education guides) conducted in a non-partisan manner do not constitute prohibited political campaign activity. In addition, other activities intended to encourage people to participate in the electoral process, such as voter registration and get-out-the-vote drives, would not be prohibited political campaign activity if conducted in a non-partisan manner.

“…non partisan…..” being the devil in the details!

Back
Top Bottom