• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tax Exemption Abuse

You were obviously educated by the Simpsons. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

More like, you are incapable of providing "counter-examples" because you have none. Only leftist filth seek to destroy those who disagree with them. Like I said, it is part of the left's psychosis because only the left are mentally deranged.

Christians have indeed attempted to impose their views on others, but they have never sought to destroy someone who disagreed with them, like leftist freaks do on a daily basis. Are you incapable of telling the difference between the two?

The last time I can recall Christians attempting to foist their beliefs on anyone was with the Communications Decency Act of 1996, which was held to be unconstitutional. Yet you will not find them persecuting those who do not agree with them, like the State of Colorado recently did to that Christian baker.

What rules of non-partisanship?

There are no such rules. Catholic priests have even served in Congress before 1981. They only stopped because Pope John Paul II issued a decree in 1980 stating that priests should not hold public office. There are still reverends and other religious people who serve in Congress, or otherwise hold public office. As the US Constitution states, "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States."
Oh, hush. Why can't you be civil?

You were obviously educated by the Simpsons. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Alaska

cities that will pay you to live there

It’s not just certain cities in Alaska that will pay you to live there, it’s the whole state. The state of Alaska developed the Permanent Fund Dividend in 1976 and started paying money out to residents of Alaska in 1980. This essentially pays people to permanently live there. Investment earnings on Alaskan mineral royalties are paid out to Alaska residents.

More like, you are incapable of providing "counter-examples" because you have none. Only leftist filth seek to destroy those who disagree with them. Like I said, it is part of the left's psychosis because only the left are mentally deranged.

Oh, you are one of those people who can't discuss things without applying hateful rhetoric and massive generalizations while ignoring even the most obvious counterevidence. OK. Have fun with that. Bye.

Alaska

cities that will pay you to live there

It’s not just certain cities in Alaska that will pay you to live there, it’s the whole state. The state of Alaska developed the Permanent Fund Dividend in 1976 and started paying money out to residents of Alaska in 1980. This essentially pays people to permanently live there. Investment earnings on Alaskan mineral royalties are paid out to Alaska residents.

Another one of those leftist web sites what are massively ignorant. Just like you.

Normally I would educate you, but in your case it is a complete waste of time. Enjoy your Simpson education, I hope you get use to people laughing at you, because it is going to happen a lot. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh, you are one of those people who can't discuss things without applying hateful rhetoric and massive generalizations while ignoring even the most obvious counterevidence. OK. Have fun with that. Bye.
It is not hateful rhetoric, it is an accurate description, and you have offered no "counterevidence" that contradicts anything that I've posted. You have yet to cite even a single incidence of a right-winger attacking anyone who disagrees with them. That is a phenomena only demonstrated by leftist filth. So it comes as no surprise that you would flee, unable to support any of your rhetoric.

Oh, hush. Why can't you be civil?
Why can't you stop being anti-American?

As expected, I instantly become a "racist, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, misogynist" because I don't agree with your particular point of view. Thanks for living up to the leftist stereotype, I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. (y)

Why can't you stop being anti-American?

As expected, I instantly become a "racist, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, misogynist" because I don't agree with your particular point of view. Thanks for living up to the leftist stereotype, I knew you wouldn't disappoint me. (y)
Huh. I said be civil and you vomited up all of that. You’ve got issues, dood.

Huh. I said be civil and you vomited up all of that. You’ve got issues, dood.
I tried discussion there too and it didn't work. I seem to remember you disagreeing utterly with some of what I have posted, without ever being a name-calling ass about it. Kudos to you, and not to some others.

Get rid of all tax exemptions for all charities.

If ever there was obvious abuse of the Tax Exempt status of a church, this would be it.

Makes you wonder why we don't just pull their charter.

Its hillarious how lib-tards falsely accuse republicans of being racist, fascist, nazi and other nonsense and then piss bitch and moan when the right returns the favor.

Its hillarious how lib-tards falsely accuse republicans of being racist, fascist, nazi and other nonsense and then piss bitch and moan when the right returns the favor.
Yes church is just the right place to go get your political commentary from…

Yes church is just the right place to go get your political commentary from…

1.No one at a time clause in the constitution.

2. A preacher's job is to inform his or her congregation how to live and do right.A church in a sense is a hospitals for sinners. If there are politicians whose actions or views contradict that religious institution's beliefs then it is upon that religious institution to inform their parishioners. Before you go "Bu Bu Bu Bu Tru Tru Trump cheated on his wives". Most sects of Christanity practice forgiveness of past sins and religious groups just like other voters play the lesser of two evils game to when it comes to voting for politicians .

The 'CEO' of the organization knew and has fallen way short in his response.

Great! At best then your statements show the “CEO” to have knowledge of what some priests and bishops were doing in some churches and not the plethora of churches and it’s leaders dotting the American landscape. Revoking the tax exempt status for all Catholic Churches and Catholic entities for the misdeeds of some is imposition of proverbial punishment that exceeds the scope of those who are culpable.

All tax status is subject to new tax codes, period.

That’s not the issue and is a truism, but informing me of a truism doesn’t help your argument.

Yeah, what about it?
Your signature says a founder couldn't put his finger on something. I was pointing out the Constitutional basis for Congressional action.

Great! At best then your statements show the “CEO” to have knowledge of what some priests and bishops were doing in some churches and not the plethora of churches and it’s leaders dotting the American landscape. Revoking the tax exempt status for all Catholic Churches and Catholic entities for the misdeeds of some is imposition of proverbial punishment that exceeds the scope of those who are culpable.

That’s not the issue and is a truism, but informing me of a truism doesn’t help your argument.
Only some did it and only in some places is your defense? Why don't we know the whole truth? Because the organization hides the truth. A criminal organization.

We know popes have been involved in the coverup. Would Peter have done the same thing?

If ever there was obvious abuse of the Tax Exempt status of a church, this would be it.

Makes you wonder why we don't just pull their charter.

Weird.

Should Christianity influence the government?

"Certainly not! There is a wall of separation between the church and state."

Should the government regulate the church?

"Well, hell yeah! Somebody needs to!"

The hypocrisy of the Left is so boundless as to be breathtaking.

Weird.

Should Christianity influence the government?

"Certainly not! There is a wall of separation between the church and state."

Should the government regulate the church?

"Well, hell yeah! Somebody needs to!"

The hypocrisy of the Left is so boundless as to be breathtaking.

But christianity is run by Christians based on a dumb book. our government is made up of mostly rational laws that mostly smart rational believe came up with.

Not the same thing.

But christianity is run by Christians based on a dumb book. our government is made up of mostly rational laws that mostly smart rational believe came up with.

Not the same thing.
Our government is based--in part--on the Bible and Christian values.

So, yea, it's kinda the same thing.

Our government is based--in part--on the Bible and Christian values.

So, yea, it's kinda the same thing.

Believing in a made up book of sky kings and seas parting is not the same thing as people who govern based on science and laws.

You did say “kinda the same” so even you know the comp doesn’t work.

I can see offering them the standard exemptions offered to other charities, but not the blanket hands-off approach currently given to anyone declaring themselves a church.
Christian Scientist laughed all the way to the bank when granted tax exemption.

Believing in a made up book of sky kings and seas parting is not the same thing as people who govern based on science and laws.

You did say “kinda the same” so even you know the comp doesn’t work.
Once again, as our country has a strong Christian heritage and our federal government is based, in part, on the Bible I'd say the comparison holds-up quite well even if you choose not to recognize it.

Once again, as our country has a strong Christian heritage and our federal government is based, in part, on the Bible I'd say the comparison holds-up quite well even if you choose not to recognize it.

I read fairy tales too I just don’t think they’re the basis for a government.

I wonder if the dept of agriculture can turn wine into water.

It seems to me the whole premise of this thread is based on the presumption that the government has some right or ability to
I read fairy tales too I just don’t think they’re the basis for a government.

I wonder if the dept of agriculture can turn wine into water.
My guess is that you are far more familiar with fairy tales than you are with history.

Isaiah 33:22
For the Lord is our Judge, the Lord is our lawgiver: the Lord is our King, he will save us. - Geneva Bible
This verse is the reason we have the three separate but equal branches of government:
1. Judge (Judiciary),
2. Lawgiver (Legislative), and
3. King (Executive).

Exodus 18:21
Moreover, provide thou among all the people [a]men of courage, fearing God, men dealing truly, hating covetousness: and appoint such over them to be rulers over thousands, rulers over hundreds, rulers over fifties, and rulers over tens. - Geneva Bible
This verse is the reason we have a Republican form of Government (No, America is not a Democracy! We are a Constitutional Republic).

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful and wicked above all things, who can know it? - Geneva Bible
This verse was cited by John Adams as the justification for the need for our separation of powers.

Ezekiel 18:20
The same soul that sinneth, shall die: the son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son, but the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.
The Constitution of the United States of America, Article 3, Section 3
“The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder [capital punishment] of treason shall work corruption of blood or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.”
(The family of a guilty cannot be punished, only the guilty can be punished.)

Deuteronomy 17:6
At the mouth [of two or three witnesses shall he that is worthy of death, die: but at the mouth of one witness, he shall not die. - Geneva Bible
The Constitution of the United States of America, Article 3, Section 3
“Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act or on confession in open court.”
(Treason is a capital punishment but you cannot be convicted on the testimony of a single witness and is the only reason Vice-President Aaron Burr was not convicted.)

Deuteronomy 17:15
Then thou shalt make him King over thee, whom the Lord thy God shall choose: from among thy brethren shalt thou make a King over thee: thou shalt not set a stranger over thee which is not thy brother. - Geneva Bible
The Constitution of the United States of America, Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5
“No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President…”

My guess is that you are far more familiar with fairy tales than you are with history.

…he pleads as he then goes on to quote…Bible scriptures. Lolololololololol

Back
Top Bottom