• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tax cuts called a cost by the Left, Matthews gets it

Doood, you are not king. And were this pissed when President Bush doubled the debt?

(pssssssst...in case you have missed it, I have said on numerous occasions here that the reason why I am registered as a Libertarian is because I left the republican party in 2003 because of their (and primarily Bush's refusal to reign in spending) fiscal irresponsibility).

Doood, you are not king. And were this pissed when President Bush doubled the debt?

Anyone that supports Obama has no credibility in attacking Bush spending and the debt created. Obama has put Bush spending on steroids with no let up in sight.

Anyone that supports Obama has no credibility in attacking Bush spending and the debt created. Obama has put Bush spending on steroids with no let up in sight.

Kind of a typical Pete tactic...when you know you have lost, shift the attention and try to putr the other person on the defensive...and it might be really effective if I had ever even once defended the republican or Bush's 6 years of spending irresponsibly, but since I have CONSISTENTLY railed on both parties for their spending and the idiotic ideologues that support those two parties then its kind of an impotent counter. The next step for him will be to abandon the thread and go on and post something about Glenn Beck. :lamo

I think Mattews and the Obama news cheerleaders are feeling it in their pocketbooks. Can't share the Obama love if no one is watching them. :)

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for September 20, 2010

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,140,000 viewers
CNN – 362,000 viewers
MSNBC – 413,000 viewers
CNBC – 232,000 viewers
HLN – 225,000 viewers

Kind of a typical Pete tactic...when you know you have lost, shift the attention and try to putr the other person on the defensive...and it might be really effective if I had ever even once defended the republican or Bush's 6 years of spending irresponsibly, but since I have CONSISTENTLY railed on both parties for their spending and the idiotic ideologues that support those two parties then its kind of an impotent counter. The next step for him will be to abandon the thread and go on and post something about Glenn Beck. :lamo

LOL, yep, I see that you know this poster. Glenn Beck is the normal punching bag for him.

(pssssssst...in case you have missed it, I have said on numerous occasions here that the reason why I am registered as a Libertarian is because I left the republican party in 2003 because of their (and primarily Bush's refusal to reign in spending) fiscal irresponsibility).
I don't make it a habit to follow what you've said or didn't say. Who did you vote for President in 2004? Bush?

I think Mattews and the Obama news cheerleaders are feeling it in their pocketbooks. Can't share the Obama love if no one is watching them. :)

Live + Same Day Cable News Daily Ratings for September 20, 2010

P2+ Total Day
FNC – 1,140,000 viewers
CNN – 362,000 viewers
MSNBC – 413,000 viewers
CNBC – 232,000 viewers
HLN – 225,000 viewers

Gee, just 5 posts and already you've posted something off topic.

But since you bring it up, the FNC is on basic cable whereas MSNBC is not.

Gee, just 5 posts and already you've posted something off topic.

But since you bring it up, the FNC is on basic cable whereas MSNBC is not.

Saying Matthews might be saying stuff against Obama might be related to ratings is considered off topic. Thanks for letting me know Mr. topic moderator. :) Maybe when I get to 1042 posts I might be as good as you :)

It seems like were getting caught up in petty arguments over the language being used. Extending the current tax rates for people earning over 250000 a year will do little to nothing to advance our economy and continue the strain on our deficit and isn't in the countries best interest. Regardless of the wording that people want to babble about, what Obama wants to do is a good idea.

Obama is a turd and his schemes are designed to buy the votes of the envious and cover up the fact that he and his scum bag administration spends way too much money to buy the votes of the needy, the slothful and the dependent.

Liberals do operate under the assumption that being allowed to keep what you earn is equivalent to getting a government handout. Its how they justify their class warfare

I don't make it a habit to follow what you've said or didn't say. Who did you vote for President in 2004? Bush?

Badnarik as I recall...and Barr in 2008. It was sort of fun actually. Most of my colleagues are far more liberal...we took bets on who would draw more...the lib candidate or the green. As I recall I won that bet handily. There were better candidates in 04. I was pissed that the reform party so quickly went in the toilet. Barr was a good candidate in 08 but still never stood a chance. I didnt vote Libertarian ticket because the state candidates were an absolute joke.

You voted straight ticket behind Kerry. You bought into the whole "I have a plan...I'll tell you after the election but its a plan...a great plan...Im proud of the plan but you cant hear about the plan but my plan will be the best plan ever" Kerry rhetoric. And are shocked that he didnt win (Side note-Jerry Brown loved the Kerry non-plan plan that he has adopted it in California).

Last edited:
Saying Matthews might be saying stuff against Obama might be related to ratings is considered off topic. Thanks for letting me know Mr. topic moderator. :) Maybe when I get to 1042 posts I might be as good as you :)

Only if 974 of them are obsessively aimed at Glenn Becks junk. Otherwise you will be just another reasonable poster...

Hmmm

Stockman: Bush Tax Cuts Will Make U.S. Bankrupt

Stockman: Bush Tax Cuts Will Make U.S. Bankrupt : NPR

Reagan's director of Office of Management and Budget says Conservative, like always, is wrong.

Stockman is wrong as logic and common sense tells you. It is always the spending and always will be the spending that matters. If and that is a big IF tax cuts cost the govt. revenue then STOP THE DAMN SPENDING. Get back to the purpose of govt. as our Founders intended. STOP the social engineering and cut the size of govt.

I still see no one responding to Matthews' actual quote or comments.

Stockman is wrong as logic and common sense tells you. It is always the spending and always will be the spending that matters. If and that is a big IF tax cuts cost the govt. revenue then STOP THE DAMN SPENDING. Get back to the purpose of govt. as our Founders intended. STOP the social engineering and cut the size of govt.

that is so obvious even a child-or caveman-could understand it:mrgreen:

So you have no actual response to Stockman other then your opinion that he's wrong. Typical.

So you have no actual response to Stockman other then your opinion that he's wrong. Typical.

What is typical is you ignore the thread topic and always ignore logic, common sense, and actual facts. Spending causes the debt, not tax cuts. I am sure you supported Stockman during his term in the Reagan Administration.

Here are the revenue numbers for personal income taxes during the Bush years. The withholding rate cuts came in July 2003. Explain how tax cuts that grew govt. revenue causes deficits?

***2000*** ***2001*** ***2002*** ***2003*** ***2004*** ***2005*** ***2006*** ***2007*** ***2008*** ***2009***
******Current*receipts 3,132.40 3,118.20 2,967.90 3,043.40 3,265.70 3,659.30 3,995.20 4,197.00 4,074.00 3,726.90
Current*tax*receipts 2,202.80 2,163.70 2,002.10 2,047.90 2,213.20 2,546.80 2,807.40 2,951.20 2,780.30 2,409.30
***Personal*current*taxes 1,232.30 1,234.80 1,050.40 1,000.30 1,047.80 1,208.60 1,352.40 1,488.70 1,438.20 1,140.00

It seems like were getting caught up in petty arguments over the language being used. Extending the current tax rates for people earning over 250000 a year will do little to nothing to advance our economy and continue the strain on our deficit and isn't in the countries best interest. Regardless of the wording that people want to babble about, what Obama wants to do is a good idea.

And what possibly makes you think the government will use that "extra" money to pay down the deficit? No, Obama will give it away to more of his campaign supporters, just as he has the stimulus money.

No, lowering tax rates has always increased revenue to the govt. according to the U.S. Treasury Dept. Explain why they are wrong?
Can I have a link to this please? I wonder if tax cuts usually come about in times when the country is doing well financially.

And what possibly makes you think the government will use that "extra" money to pay down the deficit? No, Obama will give it away to more of his campaign supporters, just as he has the stimulus money.

How about it, Obama supporters, TARP was paid back during the first few months of the Obama Administration, where did that payback go?

How about it, Obama supporters, TARP was paid back during the first few months of the Obama Administration, where did that payback go?

My comment is tax rate cuts that occurred in 1982-84 and 2003 under Reagan and Bush. Economy was in recession during both times.

You can get the answer at BEA.gov a lot easier than the Treasury Dept. for at the Treasury Dept you have to pull up individual budgets. BEA.gov captures that data.

U.S. Department of Commerce. Bureau of Economic Analysis
This appears to be a list of revenues, but not a list of tax rates.

What steps have you taken in your analysis to rule out mere correlation and arrive at causation?

Perhaps it is just when the country is flush we drop tax rates and because we are flush that revenues increase. What did you use to rule out the possibility that correlation is not the same as causation for this case?

My comment is tax rate cuts that occurred in 1982-84 and 2003 under Reagan and Bush. Economy was in recession during both times.
After looking at the info from the BEA, it seems that tax revenues have generally trended upward almost every year since 1929.

Back
Top Bottom