• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target's bathroom policy gets mixed reviews in Houston

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
HOUSTON - Hundreds of thousands of people across the country say they will no longer shop at Target because of its new bathroom and changing room policy.

It allows transgendered people to choose which bathroom or fitting room to use.

“In our stores, we demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive experience in many ways. Most relevant for the conversations currently underway, we welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity,”

To be honest, the real reason I posted this was due to the typo in the article...

Target's transgender bathroom policy has triggered a nationwide boycott. The policy allows transgender people to use whichever restaurant they feel comfortable in

Will that be in a peeing or a non-peeing section? LOL.

Seriously, though, let the babies boycott. It will make for a shorter line for me when I check out.

Article is here.

To be honest, the real reason I posted this was due to the typo in the article...

Will that be in a peeing or a non-peeing section? LOL.

Seriously, though, let the babies boycott. It will make for a shorter line for me when I check out.

Article is here.
This whole transgender bathroom thing is so much ado about nothing and that's on both sides. At the end of the day, it's just a bathroom. There is a LOT of growing up which needs to be done, on both sides of the fence.

As far as the Target thing goes, how stupid does someone have to be to not shop at a store because you don't like their bathroom policy? I know common sense is in short supply, but if you don't like the bathroom policy, don't go to the bathroom. It's really that simple. But I guess if you want to not shop there, you're welcome to not shop there...it just makes you look stupid. It actually reminds me of the Chick Fil A thing...a bunch of whiners all around.

I have nothing to add except transgendered folks should be made to use a bathroom in a restaurant built specifically for them.
*I am so joking here just in the good nature of the article typo.
:D

So the OP supports his side boycotting an entire state over the issue, but criticizes the other side for boycotting target for it. :coffeepap

So the OP supports his side boycotting an entire state over the issue, but criticizes the other side for boycotting target for it. :coffeepap
Surely even you can tell the difference between state sponsored discrimination and a business choosing to not discriminate, right?

Liberal hypocrisies write themselves. LOL

Surely even you can tell the difference between state sponsored discrimination and a business choosing to not discriminate, right?

So not allowing men in a bathroom for women is discrimination?

Oh right, people want to claim MTF are indeed women.

In our stores, we demonstrate our commitment to an inclusive experience in many ways.

Unless, of course, you are a girl or woman who feels uncomfortable having a man follow you into the bathroom.

As far as the Target thing goes, how stupid does someone have to be to not shop at a store because you don't like their bathroom policy? I know common sense is in short supply, but if you don't like the bathroom policy, don't go to the bathroom. It's really that simple. But I guess if you want to not shop there, you're welcome to not shop there...it just makes you look stupid.

The irony here is deep.

So not allowing men in a bathroom for women is discrimination?
You didn't answer the question. Do you really not see the difference between state sponsored discrimination and a business choosing not to discriminate?

And yes, preventing cities from enacting their own legislation in an attempt to be inclusive, and doing so under the guise of villainizing transsexuals as pedophiles ready to prey on your children, is most definitely discrimination.
The irony here is deep.
Do explain, I'd LOVE to hear this.

This whole transgender bathroom thing is so much ado about nothing and that's on both sides. At the end of the day, it's just a bathroom. There is a LOT of growing up which needs to be done, on both sides of the fence.

I work with a transgender woman. Even she can't understand all the hype. She's like, "What the problem? I've been using the ladies' room for years."

You didn't answer the question. Do you really not see the difference between state sponsored discrimination and a business choosing not to discriminate?

Is male and female bathrooms discrimination?

And yes, preventing cities from enacting their own legislation in an attempt to be inclusive, and doing so under the guise of villainizing transsexuals as pedophiles ready to prey on your children, is most definitely discrimination.

States have the power to control their states. :shrug:

Jesus fukc!

The crisis of rapes being committed in Target bathrooms is already through the roof.

This is just like throwing nitroglycerine on the fire.

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cuz they rapin' everybody up in here.

I work with a transgender woman. Even she can't understand all the hype. She's like, "What the problem? I've been using the ladies' room for years."

That's because many MTF's think they are in fact women.

Jesus fukc!

The crisis of rapes being committed in Target bathrooms is already through the roof.

This is just like throwing nitroglycerine on the fire.

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cuz they rapin' everybody up in here.
What? There is no large epidemic of bathroom rapes at all, and letting transgender people go into the gendered bathrooms in which they identify with isn't going to start a bathroom rape epidemic, either.

I think the list of issues to be outraged over must be nearing exhaustion when bathroom policies for the transgendered takes center stage.

My take on the situation is that it is a freaking national embarrassment that crap like this actually makes headlines.

Yup. And, at the end of the day, it's not going to kill her to use the other bathroom either. If someone told me the men's room was out of order and I had to use the ladies bathroom, I would without a second thought. And the same in reverse with my wife.
Is male and female bathrooms discrimination?
I already answered this question.

States have the power to control their states. :shrug:
Doesn't make what North Carolina did any less discriminatory. :shrug:

You still haven't answered the question. Perhaps I was wrong when I assumed you would understand the difference between government sponsored discrimination and a business stating they are being inclusive to all.
What? There is no large epidemic of bathroom rapes at all, and letting transgender people go into the gendered bathrooms in which they identify with isn't going to start a bathroom rape epidemic, either.
I could be mistaken, but I think the post was made in sarcasm. :)

Don't put words into my mouth. I never criticized them for boycotting Target. That is their First Amendment right. However, I am also exercising my First Amendment right when I choose to shop at Target.

I already answered this question.

I must have missed it. Was your answer yes or no?

Doesn't make what North Carolina did any less discriminatory. :shrug:

You still haven't answered the question. Perhaps I was wrong when I assumed you were intelligent enough to understand the difference between government sponsored discrimination and a business stating they are being inclusive to all.

I will need an answer to my question because I get the feeling we disagree on the premise.

I think the list of issues to be outraged over must be nearing exhaustion when bathroom policies for the transgendered takes center stage.

My take on the situation is that it is a freaking national embarrassment that crap like this actually makes headlines.

That I can agree with you on. The media puts issues like that at center stage so that we don't notice the banksters stealing all the money.

Don't put words into my mouth. I never criticized them for boycotting Target. That is their First Amendment right. However, I am also exercising my First Amendment right when I choose to shop at Target.

That was you, btw.

As an aside, the businesses only offer opinions, and all are still free to choose. The state seems to set limits to alternatives.

I must have missed it.
You quoted it. How did you miss it? Are you another one of those people who do not read what you respond to?

I will need an answer to my question because I get the feeling we disagree on the premise.
I've answered it. And there can be no disagreement on the premise. Either you understand the difference between government sponsored discrimination and a business intentionally not being discriminatory or you don't.

That was you, btw.

Yup, I think they are babies. Just exercising my own First Amendment rights here. Feel free to exercise yours.

Or maybe you missed the part where I said let them boycott. Duh!!

Last edited:
You quoted it. How did you miss it? Are you another one of those people who do not read what you respond to?

I'm sorry, but you didn't answer my question.

I've answered it. And there can be no disagreement on the premise. Either you understand the difference between government sponsored discrimination and a business intentionally not being discriminatory or you don't.

The premise is that anything like that happened here.

Back
Top Bottom