• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target's bathroom policy gets mixed reviews in Houston

Unless, of course, you are a girl or woman who feels uncomfortable having a man follow you into the bathroom.

Would you rather have this "woman" in the woman's bathroom?

Aydian Dowling

Transgender man leads ‘Men’s Health’ magazine cover model competition – LGBTQ Nation

JiBZKJR.jpg

Jesus fukc!

The crisis of rapes being committed in Target bathrooms is already through the roof.

This is just like throwing nitroglycerine on the fire.

Hide your kids, hide your wife, hide your husband, cuz they rapin' everybody up in here.

The other side of the extreme is right here.
NO, no one is worried about transies raping anyone, but everyone should wonder if perverts, pretending to be transies, could take advantage of the situation.
Blame the perverts, not the people who are worried about perverts. No one is worried about transies.
Of course misunderstanding the concern and running with accusations is much more fun.
Have at it.

I'm sorry, but you didn't answer my question.
You quoted it. I'll post it again, as you seemingly do not possess the modicum of ambition needed to not post silly things.
And yes, preventing cities from enacting their own legislation in an attempt to be inclusive, and doing so under the guise of villainizing transsexuals as pedophiles ready to prey on your children, is most definitely discrimination.
And if you click that little blue button with the arrows in it, you can go back to the post where I originally posted it and see how wrong you are when you continuously say I didn't answer it. And then you can view your own post in #12 where you not only quoted me, you also responded to me.

So now answer my question. Do you really not understand the difference between government sponsored discrimination and a business choosing to not discriminate? You can either choose to answer the question or you can choose to dishonestly ignore it. Which do you choose?
NO, no one is worried about transies raping anyone, but everyone should wonder if perverts, pretending to be transies, could take advantage of the situation.
Blame the perverts, not the people who are worried about perverts. No one is worried about transies.
Of course misunderstanding the concern and running with accusations is much more fun.
Have at it.
If I was a pervert who was going to follow a little girl into the bathroom, do you really think not being allowed to dress up in a wig and lipstick beforehand is going to stop me? Furthermore, women can abuse little girls every bit as much as a man can and vice versa.

The argument you're making here is nothing more than perpetuating a myth (albeit in a slightly different form) which is nothing more than prejudiced fear mongering.

Last edited:
You quoted it. I'll post it again, as you seemingly do not possess the modicum of ambition needed to not post silly things.

And if you click that little blue button with the arrows in it, you can go back to the post where I originally posted it and see how wrong you are when you continuously say I didn't answer it. And then you can view your own post in #12 where you not only quoted me, you also responded to me.

That doesn't answer the question I asked. Is male and female bathrooms as a general rule discrimination? Yes or no.

What? There is no large epidemic of bathroom rapes at all, and letting transgender people go into the gendered bathrooms in which they identify with isn't going to start a bathroom rape epidemic, either.

Capture.JPG

That doesn't answer the question I asked.
Yes, it does. Your original statement directly referenced what North Carolina did to what Target is doing. What North Carolina did was government sponsored discrimination and what Target is doing is a business choosing to be inclusive to all.

Do you really not understand the difference? Oh, and before you post dishonestly again, here was your original statement:
So the OP supports his side boycotting an entire state over the issue, but criticizes the other side for boycotting target for it.
Shed the nonsense and simply answer the question. I answered yours, now have the integrity to answer mine. Do you understand the difference or not?

Yes, it does. Your original statement directly referenced what North Carolina did to what Target is doing. What North Carolina did was government sponsored discrimination and what Target is doing is a business choosing to be inclusive to all.

Just answer the question. Lets pretend for a moment that transgenders didn't exist, but male and female bathrooms still existed. If that was the case would discrimination still be taking place?

Just answer the question. Lets pretend for a moment that transgenders didn't exist, but male and female bathrooms still existed. If that was the case would discrimination still be taking place?

What? :confused:

Just answer the question.
I did. Are you going to have the integrity to answer mine, which was asked first, mind you. Do you have the integrity to answer my question or not? I've answered yours and I asked mine first.

Do you understand the difference? Yes or no?

I did. Are you going to have the integrity to answer mine, which was asked first, mind you. Do you have the integrity to answer my question or not? I've answered yours and I asked mine first.

Do you understand the difference? Yes or no?

Well, I don't see where you answered my question. :shrug:

Are you going to have the integrity to answer mine
Well, I don't see where you answered my question. :shrug:
Apparently you won't. You can't answer a simple question and we both know why. Have a great day.

If you ever change your mind and decide to do the honest thing and answer my question which was asked first (even if we ignore the fact I answered your question, common protocol dictates you answer my question before I answer yours since mine was asked first), feel free to do so. Otherwise, we can just share the knowledge you simply couldn't answer a simple question.

Is male and female bathrooms discrimination? Seems straight forward enough.

Why didn't you ask that, instead of twirling it around a bit.
No, I don't see any discrimination, not by the new law, nor by people who are a bit worried. This is nothing more than both sides failing to communicate.
If stores....want to do right by all, install more family bathrooms. Parents who don't want to let their kid go in a mens/ladies room by themselves because they are worried about PERVERTS, NOT TRANSIES, can send their offspring into a single room facility.
Transies who are worried about possible discrimination now can choose between gender assigned bathrooms or family rooms.
Talk and listen people and look for compromises instead of fights. Go pee and move on. It is just a tinkle.

I still say the face says female. That picture however doesn't show it as well as the other posted of her last week or so.

Btw, why does you side think this tactic works? No one is going to be lead to your side by posting pictures of people that can trick people successfully.

I like how they cherry pick the pictures they post.

Would you rather have this "woman" in the woman's bathroom?

Aydian Dowling

Transgender man leads ‘Men’s Health’ magazine cover model competition – LGBTQ Nation

JiBZKJR.jpg

I doubt very much this person would go about shirtless in public, so there is little chance of encounter. Either way, if he or she doesn't make a mess of the facilities, I could care less which way the plumbing goes. Go pee, make sure the seat is down for the next person, wash yer paws, smile and move along. I like people who smile.

I like how they cherry pick the pictures they post.

I like how you can still tell. Not only is the face clearly female, but the hip line is as well.

Why didn't you ask that, instead of twirling it around a bit.
That question is the twirling around for him. He's asking that form of the question to try and get around the fact he was unable to recognize the difference between what happened in NC and Target. If you go back and read post #4, he clearly is mocking the OP for feeling one way about the NC law and something else for what Target is doing. I then asked if he doesn't understand the difference between government sponsored discrimination and what a business does to be inclusive and he has tried to create a red herring ever since.

It's not clever. He's obviously trying to argue that what NC did isn't discrimination because, in his mind, it's not discrimination to have men and women's bathrooms (which, technically, it is by the true definition of the word...it's separate but equal), which, in addition to ignoring the fact that gender is not a black/white issue, he's also doing that to create a red herring to divert from the fact he made a blatantly ridiculous post in #4 regarding the difference between a business and a law.

His question here IS the twirling, it's his attempt to engage in a red herring, which is why he keeps asking the question and never answering mine.

Surely even you can tell the difference between state sponsored discrimination and a business choosing to not discriminate, right?

We can spot a double standard a mile away.

I like how you can still tell. Not only is the face clearly female, but the hip line is as well.

Why does it matter? Women come with small and wide hips, btw. I happen to have rather boyish hips and not the child ready wide female hips.
Some people are more petite than others, some are more masculine, and I am so glad for it. It would be boring otherwise.

Why does it matter? Women come with small and wide hips, btw. I happen to have rather boyish hips and not the child ready wide female hips.
Some people are more petite than others, some are more masculine, and I am so glad for it. It would be boring otherwise.

That really makes no difference to the point. The structure of the hips is just different.

Have at it.

If it was going to happen, "perverts" (or those who want to rape people) were going to go into public bathrooms en masse to rape or molest or attack women and children it would have already been going on since many places never even had policies against it.

It isn't laws that maintain strict restroom rules based on sex that prevent people from getting raped/molested/attacked in restrooms, it is the circumstances where in most cases, they are public restrooms, where people of the public can come and go at any time and there are generally employees nearby as well. On top of this, especially nowdays, many businesses have cameras pointed nearby the entrance to their restrooms. There are so many actual practical reasons that people are deterred from doing something in the restroom against another (most of the time) that this fear is unfounded and irrational.

Back
Top Bottom