• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Target sales drop, stock loses $10B since boycott started

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
According to Breitbart News "Target's stock has fallen 20 percent - from $84 per share to $67 per share - since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com."
AFA.net - Home

According to Breitbart News "Target's stock has fallen 20 percent - from $84 per share to $67 per share - since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com."
AFA.net - Home

It's not a 'pro transgender' policy. Let's get that straight. You can be supportive, understanding, and flexible for people who are transgender without doing what Target did (which was in effect dissolving the line between men and women regardless of sexual orientation or sexuality - insisting that we no longer have the right to privacy from the opposite gender in a restroom facility.)

By itself, a bit useless. Will see about doing some more research at some point. What was their stock doing for a similar amount of time prior to the new policy; steady, trending up, or trending down? What has Walmart, K-Mart, Meijer, and other comprehensive big box stores stock done during the same period, perhaps giving insight as to whether this is a swoon within that sector as a whole or just target related. Correlation doesn't automatically equal causation; more info would be needed to realistically asign this to a a reaction towards that policy.

Boycotting Target is one of the silliest actions that those that hate LGBT's could have taken.

Let me get this straight... a nutblade organization is trying to manage a boycott of Target, quotes Breitbart News rather than doing their own research, and both the nutblades and Breitbart are saying something completely different than what the CEO of Target says - a CEO of a publically traded company that could actually go to jail for disseminating misinformation about the company and its stock?

Again, silliness.

AFA.net - Home

trying to connect hate to the stock market is just that, hate. breitbart is only a source for haters.

AFA.net - Home

What's going on with stocks of similar business? Correlation is not causation.

They are losing market share because they are a brick and mortar retailer without groceries. Groceries drive repeat business. It's a situation they are looking to change. Expect their downturn to reverse in the next couple years.

By itself, a bit useless. Will see about doing some more research at some point. What was their stock doing for a similar amount of time prior to the new policy; steady, trending up, or trending down? What has Walmart, K-Mart, Meijer, and other comprehensive big box stores stock done during the same period, perhaps giving insight as to whether this is a swoon within that sector as a whole or just target related. Correlation doesn't automatically equal causation; more info would be needed to realistically asign this to a a reaction towards that policy.

Neither WM (WMT), Sears Holding/KMart (SHLD) or the DJI showed as big a dip as Target (TGT) showed....
https://www.google.com/finance?q=indexdjx:.dji,indexsp:.inx,indexnasdaq:.ixic

It's still not a definitive cause, but it's more evidence pointing to it....

They are losing market share because they are a brick and mortar retailer without groceries. Groceries drive repeat business. It's a situation they are looking to change. Expect their downturn to reverse in the next couple years.

they do have groceries

AFA.net - Home

I may buy Target at $60.

Thanks for the heads up.

My nearby Target already sells groceries.

It's not a 'pro transgender' policy. Let's get that straight. You can be supportive, understanding, and flexible for people who are transgender without doing what Target did (which was in effect dissolving the line between men and women regardless of sexual orientation or sexuality - insisting that we no longer have the right to privacy from the opposite gender in a restroom facility.)

And in some areas...we don't. I have been boycotting Target for years now, since there first pro-gay decision. I have plenty of other places to shop and ignore them completely.

I don't care what the others are doing, if they are pro-gay or anti-gun, I don't patronize them...and I let them know it!

Boycotting Target is one of the silliest actions that those that hate LGBT's could have taken.

Let me get this straight... a nutblade organization is trying to manage a boycott of Target, quotes Breitbart News rather than doing their own research, and both the nutblades and Breitbart are saying something completely different than what the CEO of Target says - a CEO of a publically traded company that could actually go to jail for disseminating misinformation about the company and its stock?

Again, silliness.

There you go again...using the "H" word. Pure nonsense, because it has nothing to do with hate! When will libs smartin up?

trying to connect hate to the stock market is just that, hate. breitbart is only a source for haters.

Has nothing to do with hate, it has a lot to do with morality....a quantity in short supply by liberals.

What's going on with stocks of similar business? Correlation is not causation.

Don't care.

Not from me, or anyone in my family or friends.

Neither WM (WMT), Sears Holding/KMart (SHLD) or the DJI showed as big a dip as Target (TGT) showed....
https://www.google.com/finance?q=indexdjx:.dji,indexsp:.inx,indexnasdaq:.ixic

It's still not a definitive cause, but it's more evidence pointing to it....

Damn straight.

they do have groceries

So does my local grocery store which is owned by very Christian people .....by their actions, not by their words. They don't preach religion and they don't have a gay policy for oddballs....they just sell groceries.
Target can go straight to Hell!

I may buy Target at $60.

Thanks for the heads up.

You can do whatever you want.......buy some gun manufacturing stocks while you are at it....profits are thru the roof in all segments.....that's a real heads up!;)

If per the DOJ warning to North Carolina one can not enforce "separate but equal" bathrooms by any objective measure (such as sex on birth certificate), then isn't Target's policy what the ultimate result will be?

According to Breitbart News "Target's stock has fallen 20 percent - from $84 per share to $67 per share - since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com."]

Actually Target's stock price was the same price (67) in Jan and feb of this year, a huge jump up for march and April and now BACK to 67. From July of last year the stock price did a jerky fall to 67 this winter. So a snapshot of one month isn't very good evidence any bathroom policy has dropped Target's stock price. It is a very volatile stock historically.

The homophobes see what they want... :peace

If per the DOJ warning to North Carolina one can not enforce "separate but equal" bathrooms by any objective measure (such as sex on birth certificate), then isn't Target's policy what the ultimate result will be?

If that's the accepted logic then we've lost our marbles as a nation - PC gone to insane extremes.

Men are going to have to cloak their johns, I guess, and use the stalls. Or ... I get to climb up on a urinal and rip my bloody maxi pad off in front of everyone . . . which is it going to be? :roll: What does the Uber-PC crowd want?

Actually Target's stock price was the same price (67) in Jan and feb of this year, a huge jump up for march and April and now BACK to 67. From July of last year the stock price did a jerky fall to 67 this winter. So a snapshot of one month isn't very good evidence any bathroom policy has dropped Target's stock price. It is a very volatile stock historically.

The homophobes see what they want... :peace

How did you figure out that anyone is afraid of homos?

And in some areas...we don't. I have been boycotting Target for years now, since there first pro-gay decision. I have plenty of other places to shop and ignore them completely.

I don't care what the others are doing, if they are pro-gay or anti-gun, I don't patronize them...and I let them know it!

There you go again...using the "H" word. Pure nonsense, because it has nothing to do with hate! When will libs smartin up?

Has nothing to do with hate, it has a lot to do with morality....a quantity in short supply by liberals.

Don't care.

Not from me, or anyone in my family or friends.

Damn straight.

So does my local grocery store which is owned by very Christian people .....by their actions, not by their words. They don't preach religion and they don't have a gay policy for oddballs....they just sell groceries.
Target can go straight to Hell!

You can do whatever you want.......buy some gun manufacturing stocks while you are at it....profits are thru the roof in all segments.....that's a real heads up!;)

it is so obviously about hate I am surprised you would pretend otherwise.

So where do you shop?

To each their own. I don't base my restaurant choice on gay marriage views, I don't base my big box store choice on transgender views.

Back
Top Bottom