• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Target sales drop, stock loses $10B since boycott started

It's not a 'pro transgender' policy. Let's get that straight. You can be supportive, understanding, and flexible for people who are transgender without doing what Target did (which was in effect dissolving the line between men and women regardless of sexual orientation or sexuality - insisting that we no longer have the right to privacy from the opposite gender in a restroom facility.)

You can say anything that you want but one thing is for sure, that policy sure didn't help the company out.

Actually Target's stock price was the same price (67) in Jan and feb of this year, a huge jump up for march and April and now BACK to 67. From July of last year the stock price did a jerky fall to 67 this winter. So a snapshot of one month isn't very good evidence any bathroom policy has dropped Target's stock price. It is a very volatile stock historically.

The homophobes see what they want... :peace

Always the label from libs isn't it?....gotta label it....common sense be damned!

If that's the accepted logic then we've lost our marbles as a nation - PC gone to insane extremes.

Men are going to have to cloak their johns, I guess, and use the stalls. Or ... I get to climb up on a urinal and rip my bloody maxi pad off in front of everyone . . . which is it going to be? :roll: What does the Uber-PC crowd want?

Ohhhh not the pad.....noooooo.......................I have very sensitive sinus....

it is so obviously about hate I am surprised you would pretend otherwise.

It is not obvious at all. I never pretend anything...I'm a straight shooter and say what I mean...I view it as a violation of God's laws and a disgusting way to conduct one's life. It's a mental illness in my book and an abomination. Hate doesn't even enter into the equation!

Always the label from libs isn't it?....gotta label it....common sense be damned!

If only I saw some common sense from the homophobes, the radical ranting right. Target's stock prices have risen and fallen without any connect to liberal PC policies. That some only want their rant to be considered, no other explanation... :doh

They are losing market share because they are a brick and mortar retailer without groceries. Groceries drive repeat business. It's a situation they are looking to change. Expect their downturn to reverse in the next couple years.

Targets in my area have a full grocery section.

It is not obvious at all. I never pretend anything...I'm a straight shooter and say what I mean...I view it as a violation of God's laws and a disgusting way to conduct one's life. It's a mental illness in my book and an abomination. Hate doesn't even enter into the equation!

Do you follow all the other levitical laws? Like wearing blended fabrics, eating shrimp, etc.

Last edited:

sure ya are

If only I saw some common sense from the homophobes, the radical ranting right. Target's stock prices have risen and fallen without any connect to liberal PC policies. That some only want their rant to be considered, no other explanation... :doh

And I see a lot of BS from the Left!

Ones in my area have a full gay section!

If that's the accepted logic then we've lost our marbles as a nation - PC gone to insane extremes.

Men are going to have to cloak their johns, I guess, and use the stalls. Or ... I get to climb up on a urinal and rip my bloody maxi pad off in front of everyone . . . which is it going to be? :roll: What does the Uber-PC crowd want?

this is what happens when you allow emotion to rule instead of logic and reason.
hence the problem.

just as my daughter should be able to enter a locker room or bathroom without having a man in it.
just because people want to be try and be special cookies doesn't mean they get to tell the rest of society how to
behave nor should they.

Last edited:
How did you figure out that anyone is afraid of homos?
Irrational hatred is typically a symptom of fear.

Anybody that says a homosexual is an abomination is calling them a thing to be hated. That's irrational hate which is indicative of fear.

i never shopped at target, nor do i care if there's a mentally ill shemale in the bathroom with me, because we have stand your ground in florida.

this is what happens when you allow emotion to rule instead of logic and reason.
hence the problem.

just as my daughter should be able to enter a locker room or bathroom without having a man in it.
just because people want to be try and be special cookies doesn't mean they get to tell the rest of society how to
behave nor should they.

There is no problem with things as they are.

If there is a problem NOW, it's because someone created one from nothing.

One thing I find strange about this whole thing is that the same people that claimed a gay couple doesn't have the right to a cake from a bakery are saying a woman has the right to a private bathroom in somebody else's property.

That's a bit of hypocrisy don't you think?

Seems the few market style of capitalism is only cheered by so called "conservatives" when it's politically advantageous to them. Meaning you're only conservative when you get what you want.

According to Breitbart News "Target's stock has fallen 20 percent - from $84 per share to $67 per share - since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families."

Target's stock price hit a peak on April 14th of $83.49.

By the time they announced their bathroom policy on May 12th, it was already down to $75.60.

Yeah, nothing quite like selecting data specifically to further a political agenda. Data manipulation FTW.

:roll:

There is no problem with things as they are.

If there is a problem NOW, it's because someone created one from nothing.

the problem is that special cookies think they should be able to dictate to everyone else
how society operates. it all started when some guys parents sued the school, because
they wouldn't let him use the girls bathroom.

the problem is that special cookies think they should be able to dictate to everyone else
how society operates. it all started when some guys parents sued the school, because
they wouldn't let him use the girls bathroom.

Which is the most pathetic thing ever- how did a young child come to have so much influence in our country? Unbelievable.

Which is the most pathetic thing ever- how did a young child come to have so much influence in our country? Unbelievable.

feelings of courts did it.
the fact that courts ignore reality and say sorry while he thinks he might be a girl he is a boy.
if he wants access to the girls locker room then he needs to castrate himself like they use to do
with eunuchs.

I would really like to see how many of these people change their tune when they are required to cut off
their penis before they can enter the girls locker room. I don't think that is such a bad requirement.

I am sure that most would change their mind.

Last edited:

The vast majority of Targets are not Super Stores which has a rather nice grocery section. The smaller stores have 'P-fresh' sections that are very limited in refrigerated fresh foods and instead have mostly canned, frozen, dry, packaged goods. I doubt more than 10% of the store is devoted to grocery (It's G-Block section)

Target doesn't call it a full grocery- there is no bakery or deli for instance, and I don't think they make the claim they do... :peace

Back
Top Bottom