• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target’s Stock Down 5 Percent, Brand Damaged, By Pro-Transgender Bathroom Rules…

Yeah, take a look at that dump on the 1y chart..

The stock is up 10% YTD. I'd take a basket of stocks that do that well over time and beat about 90% of mutual funds...

So, still down 5% since August. Not a huge hit, but not great. I wonder how much of it has to really do with the boycott, though.

So, still down 5% since August. Not a huge hit, but not great. I wonder how much of it has to really do with the boycott, though.

Since August? That's well before any announcement about their bathroom policies.

Not according to the op

No big deal, but looks like Breitbart got the month wrong in the original story and corrected it. Should have been April 19, not August 19, and that's how the story now reads. On August 19th the stock price was 80.87.

Silliness. Come back in 6 - 12 months... and let's see what the performance looks like.

Not according to the op

Then maybe you should do some fact checking on such things instead of simply believing them, especially if it's something you should know is off given the context.

As has been pointed out, the OP had the wrong month (which most people probably noticed reading it), and basing market analysis on such a small span of time and contributing any fluctuations to a single thing, even if saying that thing was the main cause, is showing ignorance of the market.

No big deal, but looks like Breitbart got the month wrong in the original story and corrected it. Should have been April 19, not August 19, and that's how the story now reads. On August 19th the stock price was 80.87.

breitbart lies about something? really?

Back
Top Bottom