• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Target’s Stock Down 5 Percent, Brand Damaged, By Pro-Transgender Bathroom Rules…

Yeah right..

So you think a penis check law will stop the extremely few criminals- you don't think 'gun' laws stop criminals.

FYI all the penis check law does is stop TGs from using the bathroom of their choice. Stops law abiding people from using a bathroom.

I reckon you have never been inside a Target store- you more Walmart guy I guess. Targets these days have been built without separate male or female fitting rooms- no 'perverts' lurking there to film women. No incident of TGs assaulting 12 yo girls in the bathrooms either.

Rant, whine, rave Target doesn't pander to the Walmart crowd, stocks rise and fall- Target took a far bigger hit from the credit card hack than this and is quickly recovering. Target's market niche isn't fighting it out with Walmart, they go for a more upscale guest.

Please continue to shop elsewhere and please never own Target stock... :peace

That's a stretch.. Never been in a target. lol

Call 'em as I see them, if you had you'd know the fitting rooms have been uni-sex long before this new Target policy...

"And thank you for shopping at Walmart"... :peace

Sorry. Being a conservative means you have no rules.

Whose rear end did you get this bit of wisdom out of?

Conservatism has a rule: things we do must be sustainable, no matter how tempting it is to act like a moron.

Liberalism has a rule: we do things that make us feel good, and f*** the consequences.

Yeah right..

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say | NBC4 Washington
A man dressed as a woman was arrested in Virginia on Monday after police say he was caught peeping into restroom stalls three times in the past year.
Richard Rodriguez, 30, filmed a woman in a bathroom stall at the Potomac Mills Mall, Prince William County Police said on Tuesday.

Joel Hardman wore female rubber mask and wig to spy on women in public toilets | Daily Mail Online
A student who wore a female rubber mask while spying on women in shopping centre toilets has escaped jail.
Joel Hardman, 22, also put on a jet-black wig so he could slip into the women's toilets unnoticed at the Bullring, Birmingham.
The MA student, described in court as an intelligent man, got sexual gratification from listening to women use the toilet - and even made audio recordings.
Hardman, who had previously admitted watching someone during a private act for his own sexual gratification, said he initially went into the University of Birmingham's women's toilets

A man was arrested in Tengzhou city, Shandong province after confessing to dressing up as a woman so that he could spy on ladies using the toilets.
Peeping Tom arrested after dressing as woman to spy in female toilets: Shanghaiist

Have a look for yourself..
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...8#q=dressed+as+woman+to+spy+on+girls+arrested

typical fear mongering.

OP, you do realize that just about every single large retailer had that same blip in that same time-frame, right? I think this has far more to do with the 'death of retail' rather then any boycott. Maybe a "million person" petition that is entirely web-based and unverifiable doesn't have the gravitas you might think it has?

Just a thought.

walmart.JPG

I didn't write the piece, I just saw it somewhere else, thought it was interesting, and reposted it here..

3JgHRX.jpg

Target’s stock price and its favorability among shoppers are crashing as the public rebukes the retail giant for ignoring their vigorous protest against mixed-sex changing rooms and bathrooms.

The company’s stock was two cents shy of $84 on August 19, when it revealed it would not allow shoppers to use single-sex bathrooms or changing rooms. Instead, all rooms were opened up to anyone claiming to be of either sex. As of 4.00 p.m. Friday, the stock had dropped almost $4.50, down to $79.50.

[glow=yellow,2,300]That’s a huge loss of 5 percent in stock value, costing shareholders roughly $2.5 billion in company value.[/glow]

In between those two dates, more than one million people had signed a boycott petition sponsored by the American Family Association. Public opinion also shifted strongly in favor of single-sex bathrooms.

The damage to Target’s favorability is also being tracked by YouGov’s BrandIndex service.

By April 27, “The percentage of consumers who would consider buying items at Target the next time they want to go shopping at a department store dropped from 42% to 38% over the past two weeks,” YouGov reported April 29. That’s a 10 percent drop, likely fueled by social-media conversations via Facebook and various news sites.

Target's Stock Down 5 Percent, Brand Damaged, by Public Rebuke to Pro-Transgender Bathroom Rules - Breitbart

Direct result of liberals damaging parts of the economy..

Were you as supportive of Target when they said they would not allow firearms in their stores? .............Opps?

Hmm, hasn't stopped me from shopping at Target.

The few times I've used their restrooms I could see no problem. They are single person use with locks on the doors.

As far as I can see, at least at the stores I've been to, all this does is open up two restrooms for people to use instead of having to stand in line for the one marked "male". :shrug:

***holds nose***, you won't find me in the boy's room unless it is absolutely necessary. Like pee my pants if I take another step. You guys can't aim, and it stinks. There isn't enough Lysol to convince me otherwise. :)

Now, are we sure the stock prices feel due to this peepee fiasco, or could it be for other reasons?

Yeah right..

Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say | NBC4 Washington
A man dressed as a woman was arrested in Virginia on Monday after police say he was caught peeping into restroom stalls three times in the past year.
Richard Rodriguez, 30, filmed a woman in a bathroom stall at the Potomac Mills Mall, Prince William County Police said on Tuesday.

Joel Hardman wore female rubber mask and wig to spy on women in public toilets | Daily Mail Online
A student who wore a female rubber mask while spying on women in shopping centre toilets has escaped jail.
Joel Hardman, 22, also put on a jet-black wig so he could slip into the women's toilets unnoticed at the Bullring, Birmingham.
The MA student, described in court as an intelligent man, got sexual gratification from listening to women use the toilet - and even made audio recordings.
Hardman, who had previously admitted watching someone during a private act for his own sexual gratification, said he initially went into the University of Birmingham's women's toilets

A man was arrested in Tengzhou city, Shandong province after confessing to dressing up as a woman so that he could spy on ladies using the toilets.
Peeping Tom arrested after dressing as woman to spy in female toilets: Shanghaiist

Have a look for yourself..
https://www.google.com/webhp?source...8#q=dressed+as+woman+to+spy+on+girls+arrested

I say, girls get out your cell phones, get the peeping toms on camera, facebook them and let all their friends see who they really are.

I say, girls get out your cell phones, get the peeping toms on camera, facebook them and let all their friends see who they really are.

Yep, friends, wifes, kids, employers, etc. That will make their lives miserable.

Were you as supportive of Target when they said they would not allow firearms in their stores? .............Opps?

I wasn't aware of it.

But since I don't OWN a firearm.... I could care less too. :shrug:

I wasn't aware of it.

But since I don't OWN a firearm.... I could care less too. :shrug:

And since the question was not directed at you I have to assume that you do care or you would not have answered it.

And since the question was not directed at you I have to assume that you do care or you would not have answered it.

Actually my mistake. When I hit "who quoted me" it showed your post instead of the post below and I just "knee-jerk" responded. :3oops:

I support the Second Amendment but I also support the rights of property owners to dictate who and what can be allowed on their property.

If a business doesn't want customers to carry guns on their premises, then a gun-owner has a choice. Leave it in the car, or don't shop there.

Actually my mistake. When I hit "who quoted me" it showed your post instead of the post below and I just "knee-jerk" responded. :3oops:

I support the Second Amendment but I also support the rights of property owners to dictate who and what can be allowed on their property.

If a business doesn't want customers to carry guns on their premises, then a gun-owner has a choice. Leave it in the car, or don't shop there.
Fair enough, and we both agree with a business being able to allow what they want in their buildings.

Target stock down even more..
78.13 USD Price decrease 1.58 (1.98%)

Hope nobody listened to you guys..

Target was packed when I went there today. As for the stock...long term, give it a look, they are doing fine, they aren't gonna be hurt by angry talibornagain hillbillies.

Target was packed when I went there today. As for the stock...long term, give it a look, they are doing fine, they aren't gonna be hurt by angry talibornagain hillbillies.

Yeah, take a look at that dump on the 1y chart..

Yeah, take a look at that dump on the 1y chart..

Yeah, and the online petition is baloney, you could sign up as many times as you want. Target doesn't need a bunch of inbred homophobic trash...that market is owned by Wal-Mart.

Target stock down even more..
78.13 USD Price decrease 1.58 (1.98%)

Hope nobody listened to you guys..

Correlation is not causation. Do you know how silly it is to look at a day or two of a stock price -- or even a week or two, and conclude as you and the silly OP, and various and sundry RWNJ's out there are doing?

Stocks are in a constant state of flux, and most drops or increases in price can't be tied to one specific event:

[url]http://www.snopes.com/target-stock-boycott/

[/URL]

And dump the stock price and generate a million strong boycott petition right?

Temporarily. Most business analysts are saying this won't really hurt Target in the long run.

1 million Americans is still only less than 1% of Americans. And there is little way to verify if half of those are real or Americans.

Back
Top Bottom