• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tapatalk Questions

jambalaya

Cynical Optimist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I use the app on my iPad. Pretty decent app but what is the deal about not being able to "Like"? What do some of you think about the app?

I use the app on my iPad. Pretty decent app but what is the deal about not being able to "Like"? What do some of you think about the app?

Generally good, but not enough to savor the unique DP experience

I can use the forum without that silly app. I don't understand what the advantage is in having it.

I can use the forum without that silly app. I don't understand what the advantage is in having it.

For me, posting is dramatically easier in Tapatalk. The cursor can be sort of janky if I'm just using the normal website. Maybe not all tablets/OS's have that issue. And I don't seem to be able to "like" posts on either one (browser or Tapatalk) so I'm not "losing" that feature.

Tapatalk just does a better just optimizing forums for mobile OS use. Posting here via the browser would be a pain on my tablet, and an even bigger pain on my phone.

I like it.

Honestly, I don't use it. I can do most things here, including "like", without it. The only problems I have are breaking up long posts into multiple quoted sections. I can do it, it's just a pain in the butt.

Honestly, I don't use it. I can do most things here, including "like", without it. The only problems I have are breaking up long posts into multiple quoted sections. I can do it, it's just a pain in the butt.

I hate using the net on my phone. I can't believe some people do it all the time.

I hate using the net on my phone. I can't believe some people do it all the time.
Comes in handy when I need to look up a building code while on the job site.

Because the web experience on a tablet, especially the iPad is as good as deepfried donkey crap, so they need to make "apps" for everything.

forum loads pretty well on a droid x with some quirks. i would probably have tried tapatalk if it hadn't spammed the hell out of a bunch of forums with that annoying signature.

I like how it the app works on my iPad. I just don't like that I can't like. Maybe a few other things but the app is convenient.

App works fine. But for some reason this forum decided to put a ten second refresh setting on it that makes the app quirky l. I don't see a purpose for such a setting. Worked much better before it was implemented.

Does anybody know how to disable that stupid Tapatalk app notifier in Chrome? The stupid ad stays up forever, right over the log in button. It's very annoying and I'd like to stop it. Anybody know how?

Does anybody know how to disable that stupid Tapatalk app notifier in Chrome? The stupid ad stays up forever, right over the log in button. It's very annoying and I'd like to stop it. Anybody know how?

It's not advertising.

When it says "would you like to load", Nancy Reagan says "Just say no". :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom