• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tapatalk App

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Anyone else use this? Is there something else better or easier ( or more stable) to use to view/post at DP? I have a Motorola DroidX... crappy Verizon as provider.

I paid $2.99 for Tapatalk, and it's now constantly force closing during pm's, and anytime I try to click on a youtube link.

Anything better out there??

Thanks.

Anyone else use this? Is there something else better or easier ( or more stable) to use to view/post at DP? I have a Motorola DroidX... crappy Verizon as provider.

I paid $2.99 for Tapatalk, and it's now constantly force closing during pm's, and anytime I try to click on a youtube link.

Thanks.
They charge for Tapatalk now?

It keeps telling me that threads or even whole sections of the forum are locked when they aren't. I think I can still 'like' basement posts, too.

They charge for Tapatalk now?

It keeps telling me that threads or even whole sections of the forum are locked when they aren't. I think I can still 'like' basement posts, too.

I installed it about a year ago and paid for it. It seems to be having some serious issues lately...at least for me.

I installed it about a year ago and paid for it. It seems to be having some serious issues lately...at least for me.
For a while it let us ignore thread bans. That was fun, especially when you didn't know you were banned because Tapatalk doesn't tell you when you have a new PM or show the mod box in-thread.

For a while it let us ignore thread bans. That was fun, especially when you didn't know you were banned because Tapatalk doesn't tell you when you have a new PM or show the mod box in-thread.

Haha...Yeah. it also doesn't alert for quotes, you can't see polls, etc...

I'm gona put a couple $$ into Forum Runner and let you know after tomorrow.

Tapatalk 4 is in beta right now and I'm running it. It's a bit more stable and has some new features. I haven't played around with it to test out everything, but I like what I see so far.

Thanks.
So far Forum Runner doesn't show polls, doesn't allow relpy to thread unless you quote someone, and dors not use the existing avatar.

I also don't see how to add DP to Forum Runner' fav list so I don't have to run a general search to come back here.

Howver, Forum Runner does look a lot better and shows notifications for PMs and new responses in my subscribed threads.

Last edited:

Thanks.

FWIW, my DX started struggling about a month ago; all of the browsers seemed to update at the same time, and the DX couldn't handle them anymore. could be that Tapatalk updated, as well. the last thing that worked for me was UC Browser. it had some bugs, though. i ended up getting a new phone.

So far Forum Runner doesn't show polls, doesn't allow relpy to thread unless you quote someone, and dors not use the existing avatar.

I also don't see how to add DP to Forum Runner' fav list so I don't have to run a general search to come back here.

Howver, Forum Runner does look a lot better and shows notifications for PMs and new responses in my subscribed threads.

How much is forum runner? [$1.99]

I read that Tapatalk is going free with ads. I do not like ads for members.

Also, there is a mobile skin version available - bottom left. We need to work on the colors.

Last edited:
Tapatalk was working REALLY well there for awhile, now it's crap. I just want to find something I can use on my phone to browse/post /harass people here. :D

Tapatalk was working REALLY well there for awhile, now it's crap. I just want to find something I can use on my phone to browse/post /harass people here. :D

Is the mobile skin (bottom left) available to you?

I have a Droid of some sort (you can tell I'm techno challenged) and all I do is tell it to go full site once I'm on DP. I have to zoom in the read anything, but it works for the times I don't have a computer handy.

No apps or anything to do it.

How much is forum runner? [$1.99]

I read that Tapatalk is going free with ads. I do not like ads for members.

Also, there is a mobile skin version available - bottom left. We need to work on the colors.
Neither app show the forum as it appears on a PC. I don't see the reguler pages so I can't see the drop-down to change skins.

Evidently ForumRunner changed my avatar....that was not intended....I don't even remember being in a menu to do that...

...those are my boys playing with presents during last Christmas, fyi...a completely separate album from my camera and gallery within my phone.....hmmm.....

I will look into that.

Try this on your mobile device and see how it looks. I do not think the likes button is working.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/index.php?styleid=25

At the bottum, there is a link to "Full site" which should get you back to the normal style.
Holy crap the mobile version of DP is a hell of a lot better than either Tapatalk or ForumRunner! If I can find a way to get to the UCP page which shows me my subscribed threads (the "profile" page on the mobile site isn't it), this is what I'll be using from now on.

Putting this here so I can try to get to that page from my phone :)
http://www.debatepolitics.com/usercp.php

Edit:
"We're sorry, this content is not supported by the mobile style".
Arrrrggg!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom