• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talking of whisky

My current open bottles are Willett pot still reserve, Elijah Craig barrel proof, and Ballotin caramel turtle. Not sure about the Ballotin, but it was a Christmas present.

Red Breast Irish whiskey

Oban for scotch

So far nothing in America compares for smoothness but there are several enjoyable ones.

For smoothness, try Knob Creek, or Basil Haydin.

If anyone is looking for a good smokey/peaty island Scotch, but don't want to pay single malt prices, you should check out Islay Mist. I still like my Laiphroaig when I feel like splurging.... but when I don't, this one is a nice substitute:

Islay Mist.jpg

Bourbon > all other whisky

:mrgreen:

Got KC right here...nice enough stuff.

Never heard of the other, will look for.

Its a bit milder...most bourbon are 90-100 proof, the basil Hayden is 80. Nice for some sipping.

Just had my first Jamesons...yes I know it's a classic but I've never had it.

Very nice and smooth at a reasonable price. Not alot of depth to it but I really like the smoothness. It develops more if you let it linger on your tongue...and that's all the more easy because of that smoothness.

I enjoy a Glenmorangie :)

Yesterday I had both Bushmills and Tullamore Dew.
As a re-unification of Ireland.

Slow and Low Rock and Rye on the rocks...good for whatever ails ya...:2razz:

I wonder whether pople drink more whisky in Corona times.

Drumbuie is a Whisky liqueur. (y)
I have just enjoyed a Drambuie! (y)

Do you know it? :)

Not very traditional but this stuff is fantastic.

Skrewball-Peanut-Butter-Whiskey-750ml.jpg

Could you also post a picture of a Drambuie? :)

I like em all, well almost all of them
JD is pure vomit

Drumbuie is a Whisky liqueur. (y)
I have just enjoyed a Drambuie! (y)

Do you know it? :)
Since I kind of like Scotch whisky I can't really say that I'm a fan of Drambuie. Basically, it's a way to get rid of poor quality whiskey.

If you add Drambuie to good quality whisky to make a Rusty Nail or a Tam O'Shanter then you're a heretic. If you add Drambuie to poor quality whisky then you're simply adding bows and ribbons to that crappy birthday gift your mother-in-law sent you 5 years ago that hasn't left the closet since. If you're going to drink Drambuie then do so straight with a couple ice cubes and a splash of ginger ale.

Jim Beam Black Label

Since I kind of like Scotch whisky I can't really say that I'm a fan of Drambuie.

I like both Scottish and Irish whiskies - and I have always been a fan of that pleasant Drambuie and I still am! :)

What kind of whisky - or whiskey for that matter - have you had lately?

Or maybe you have whisky every day?

One of my favourites is Aberlour - to start with a name.
It depends on the mood.

my favorite bourbon is knob creek 100 proof.
I don’t like the Smokey flavor of scotch and prefer Irish. Typically I got bushmills white label.

It depends on the mood.

my favorite bourbon is knob creek 100 proof.
I don’t like the Smokey flavor of scotch and prefer Irish. Typically I got bushmills white label.

Thanks to God for an answer! :)

Got two bottles on the go at the moment (both scotch):

Bowemore 12 (gentle peat) and Glendronach 18 (heavily sherried). The Glendronach costs over £100 a bottle so it's reserved for special occasions.

Back
Top Bottom