• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talking of whisky

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What kind of whisky - or whiskey for that matter - have you had lately?

Or maybe you have whisky every day?

One of my favourites is Aberlour - to start with a name.

ABERLOUR was introduced to me by a family friend many years ago. It is a very tasty Scotch, but the name doesn’t say “Scotch!”

Irish whiskeys Bushmills/Jamesons

American Bourbons

My dad’s late wife was German and she always pronounced it “viskey.”

I like old fashions and have been using Bulleit.

Not very traditional but this stuff is fantastic.

Skrewball-Peanut-Butter-Whiskey-750ml.jpg

My dad’s late wife was German and she always pronounced it “viskey.”

When I am speaking in German I pronounce it the same way. - Every w is a v for us.
And a v is a v or even an ef. :)

When I am speaking in German I pronounce it the same way. - Every w is a v for us.
And a v is a v or even an ef. :)

VW

Fow-Vee

Though I have lived in Scotland for some time and still like the country, I actually prefer Irish whiskey instead of Scottish whisky.

Oh boy!

I’m not in a place where I can take inventory right now but, from memory, Scotch whiskys include Bruichladdich Old Laddie, Laphroaig 10 yo. Glenmorangie 18 yo, Glenfarclas 25 yo, Dalwhnnie 15, Dalmore 15

Japanese whisky includes Hibiki Harmony, Kayo, Nikka, Yamazaki and a few others plus Kavalan which is actually Taiwanese.

American whisky includes Baker’s, Booker’s, Makers, Blanton’s, Noah’s Mill, Angel’s Envy, Rossville Union, Four Roses, Elijah Craig, Willetts, and others

Oh boy!

I’m not in a place where I can take inventory right now but, from memory, Scotch whiskys include Bruichladdich Old Laddie, Laphroaig 10 yo. Glenmorangie 18 yo, Glenfarclas 25 yo, Dalwhnnie 15, Dalmore 15

Japanese whisky includes Hibiki Harmony, Kayo, Nikka, Yamazaki and a few others plus Kavalan which is actually Taiwanese.

American whisky includes Baker’s, Booker’s, Makers, Blanton’s, Noah’s Mill, Angel’s Envy, Rossville Union, Four Roses, Elijah Craig, Willetts, and others

Oh boy, indeed. I'm coming to see you. I'll bring some, which may mean I'll end up in Sioux Falls. I once ended up in NY while driving to Pittsburgh from NC. Road signs were screwed up. Okay. I'd made the trip at least twenty times before, and didn't need signs. The states moved. That was it.

Oh boy, indeed. I'm coming to see you. I'll bring some, which may mean I'll end up in Sioux Falls. I once ended up in NY while driving to Pittsburgh from NC. Road signs were screwed up. Okay. I'd made the trip at least twenty times before, and didn't need signs. The states moved. That was it.

If you pass through the southern Ohio/Indiana western Kentucky area please pick up a bottle of the New Riff. Mine is hearing empty and I can't find it anywhere local.

Speaking of local, I know I have a bottle of Del Bac mesquite smoked whisky. It's one of those whiskys that's an interesting idea and has been executed pretty well but I'm not really sure it should have been done.

If you pass through the southern Ohio/Indiana western Kentucky area please pick up a bottle of the New Riff. Mine is hearing empty and I can't find it anywhere local.

Speaking of local, I know I have a bottle of Del Bac mesquite smoked whisky. It's one of those whiskys that's an interesting idea and has been executed pretty well but I'm not really sure it should have been done.

I'll have to check out New Riff. Thank you. It should be available around here, somewhere. If I find it, I'll send you a bottle.

I too have had some whiskeys where I've thought that if it wasn't for this one taste/smell thing going on, the stuff would be pretty good. There's just that one sour note, and it's ruining the whole song.

Oh boy!

I like Glenmorangie :peace

You guys don't feel comfortable talking about this in the dedicated thread of the Tavern?

I'm not, but I don't drink much whiskey. I have some LDT for mixing. That's it right now.

Red Breast Irish whiskey

Oban for scotch

So far nothing in America compares for smoothness but there are several enjoyable ones.

Leadslingers or Woodford Reserve.

johnny walker double black

Back
Top Bottom