• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talking of Corpus Christi Day processions

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Talking of Corpus Christi Day processions .....

It has become an ugly and un-pleasant habit in Germany, to mock this holiday in the most tasteless way.

How is it in your countries?

Attend a Corpus Christi procession​

To this day, the Fronleichnamprozession is still seen as a symbolic embodiment of contemporary Bavarian Christianity.

Although some of the most famous Feast of Corpus Christi processions take place in more rural communities outside Germany's major cities, processions can also be seen in cities such as Munich and Frankfurt. The Feast of Corpus Christi processions usually begin early in the morning, so plan your visit accordingly if you don’t want to miss out on witnessing these magnificent processions.

Well said!

For once I didn't add a poll! :)

maybe a poll concerning those processions would be a good idea, after all ...

37 views so far already .....

Has anybody of you ever been to such a procession?

Tomorrow is the day,!

Do US Catholics not know those processions?

tomorrow there will be a public holiday in many parts of Germany

Here in Germany it is now around 23 hours ….on a Wednesday.
So soon it will be thursday and Corpus Christi day.

Today is the day now ….. in Germany.

This day has come and gone now.
I realize that this day is of no importance in the US.
I think one has been born into some traditionally Catholic small town in the Black forest to have some emotional feelings for this day.

Here in the US it is just not known , but in Germany it is known and often ridiculed because of its strange and very oldfashioned name FRONLEICHNAM.

126 views , after all

:):):)

As i recognize now, this is not a good topic for the US, as the day is hardly known. In Europe it is a public holiday in Austria, in the Catholic parts of Switzerland, and in the Catholic parts of Germany, including my
BadenWürttemberg.

Back
Top Bottom