• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talk To Text

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Is anyone hear using talk to text for posting? I haven’t tried because I think my brain formulates the written word at the speed that I can work the keyboard, which is in no danger of overheating. The corrections that I would need to do with voice when my mind went in a different direction wouldn’t be worth the ease of use, I think. I have a sister who is/was working as a copy editor/proofreader and I was going to recommend it to her has she is getting arthritis in her hands.

How is the transition from talk to type?

Is anyone hear using talk to text for posting? I haven’t tried because I think my brain formulates the written word at the speed that I can work the keyboard, which is in no danger of overheating. The corrections that I would need to do with voice when my mind went in a different direction wouldn’t be worth the ease of use, I think. I have a sister who is/was working as a copy editor/proofreader and I was going to recommend it to her has she is getting arthritis in her hands.

I don't use it here much.. Hardly ever... But I do use it when I am texting.. For short texts.. No.. Longer texts.. Yeah...

But it is hit and miss... If I speak slowly enough it works pretty good.. But almost every time I have to make corrections.. In other words, it's not perfect... Lol...

Btw I have an Android phone... So I use Googles talk to text...

I used it at a job once. We were in a real time crunch to get our documentation done and the boss thought it would help. It was awful! I spent at least as long correcting it and adding proper nouns as I would have typing it. The software company said the longer I used it, the better it would get, but I didn't notice any improvement and I was in a hurry, so I didn't use it long.

In my experience, it's garbage.

I don't really have any problems with it, I just wonder how bad yalls accents are 😁

I don't really have any problems with it, I just wonder how bad yalls accents are 😁
I don't have an accent.. But sometimes what I say, when turned into text?? Is interesting.. Sometimes R rated...lol...not X Rated, but R... Lol

'cuse me while I kiss this guy. Seriously, I've tried it a few times. I've had to edit what I just said but still, It's better than my stinking-slow typing.
Exactly.. I almost always have to correct /edit... But my typing is so bad.. It's better than me typing...

Back
Top Bottom