• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talk radio listeners rate the potential GOP candidates - here's the countdown

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
30. Lindsay Graham
29. Jeb Bush
28. Chris Christie
27. Peter King
26. John Huntsman, Jr.
25. George Pataki
24. Newt Gingrich
23. Mike Huckabee
22. Donald Trump
21. Rob Portman
20. Kelly Ayotte
19. John Thune
18. Susanna Martinez
17. John Kasich
16. Mike Pence
15. Paul Ryan
14. Nikki Haley
13. John Bolton
12. Carly Fiorina
11. Sarah Palin
10. Rick Santorum
9. Marco Rubio
8. Rick Perry
7. Dr. Ben Carson
6. Bobby Jindal
5. Allen West
4. Trey Gowdy
3. Scott Walker
2. Rand Paul
1. Ted Cruz

Not that some of them will even run, but it's fun to see where everyone is on the list. Jeb Bush is going to have a very difficult time with ultra conservatives and right-leaning libertarians.

I wonder what shows they were listening to. Looks more like a Michael Savage list than a Mark Levin list.

I wonder what shows they were listening to. Looks more like a Michael Savage list than a Mark Levin list.

This was from Glenn Beck's show. They're going to do a countdown every month to see who moves up or moves down the list.

Ted Cruz, rand Paul or Scott Walker are going to have a very difficult time with non-untra conservatives should any of them win the GOP nomination.

10. Rick Santorum
9. Marco Rubio
8. Rick Perry
7. Dr. Ben Carson
6. Bobby Jindal
5. Allen West
4. Trey Gowdy
3. Scott Walker
2. Rand Paul
1. Ted Cruz

Not that some of them will even run, but it's fun to see where everyone is on the list. Jeb Bush is going to have a very difficult time with ultra conservatives and right-leaning libertarians.

I have real doubts that anyone in the top 10 of that list could win a general election. Perhaps Scott Walker but I still have my doubts.

As for Jeb Bush. His last name is enough to stop much attention let alone his prior stances on Common Core and Immigration, both of which upsets establishment Republicans, social conservatives, and "ultra conservatives." Libertarians are without, there is no one in that top 10 that leans Libertarian. Not a single one, including Rand Paul.

Ted Cruz, rand Paul or Scott Walker are going to have a very difficult time with non-untra conservatives should any of them win the GOP nomination.

Agreed.

30. Lindsay Graham
29. Jeb Bush
28. Chris Christie
27. Peter King
26. John Huntsman, Jr.
25. George Pataki
24. Newt Gingrich
23. Mike Huckabee
22. Donald Trump
21. Rob Portman
20. Kelly Ayotte
19. John Thune
18. Susanna Martinez
17. John Kasich
16. Mike Pence
15. Paul Ryan
14. Nikki Haley
13. John Bolton
12. Carly Fiorina
11. Sarah Palin
10. Rick Santorum
9. Marco Rubio
8. Rick Perry
7. Dr. Ben Carson
6. Bobby Jindal
5. Allen West
4. Trey Gowdy
3. Scott Walker
2. Rand Paul
1. Ted Cruz

You must be joking. Truly if this group of people thinks Ted Cruz is the most viable candidate (or even A viable candidate), much less gives any credence to West, Carson, Palin and Santorium, then we have exhibit A in building the case that audience of right-wing talk radio is substantially comprised of the angry and the ignorant (I will be nice and hold short of including the unintelligent, even though I have my suspicions.)

I have real doubts that anyone in the top 10 of that list could win a general election. Perhaps Scott Walker but I still have my doubts.

As for Jeb Bush. His last name is enough to stop much attention let alone his prior stances on Common Core and Immigration, both of which upsets establishment Republicans, social conservatives, and "ultra conservatives." Libertarians are without, there is no one in that top 10 that leans Libertarian. Not a single one, including Rand Paul.

I can help you with your "real doubts", but telling you that "not a chance in hell" will any of the top 13 on this list ever see the White House, except as a tourist. Though I might concede that Walker and Rubio have slightly better than a snowball's chance.

Last edited:
This was from Glenn Beck's show. They're going to do a countdown every month to see who moves up or moves down the list.

So it's not talk radio listeners list, it's Glenn's listeners list...

Honestly, unless something drastic happens, I don't see the GOP nominee being anyone other than Jeb Bush. Whichever group of talk radio station listeners were used as a sample in this, they're far from representative of the people who actually vote in the GOP primaries, much less the general election.

What a waste of radio waves....

How exciting. :roll:

You must be joking. Truly if this group of people thinks Ted Cruz is the most viable candidate (or even A viable candidate), much less gives any credence to West, Carson, Palin and Santorium, then we have exhibit A in building the case that audience of right-wing talk radio is substantially comprised of the angry and the ignorant (I will be nice and hold short of including the unintelligent, even though I have my suspicions.)

I can help you with your "real doubts", but telling you that "not a chance in hell" will any of the top 13 on this list ever see the White House, except as a tourist. Though I might concede that Walker and Rubio have slightly better than a snowball's chance.

And to date the results as to Walker's successes in Wisconsin are dubious. Unless there is a drastic and sustained turn around by mid 2016 he's going to be running on excuses for what should have been. Time is running short for Walker to be the boy wonder.

And to date the results as to Walker's successes in Wisconsin are dubious. Unless there is a drastic and sustained turn around by mid 2016 he's going to be running on excuses for what should have been. Time is running short for Walker to be the boy wonder.

I agree. He is still a long, long shot, but is relatively credible given the rest of the clowns in that top 13.

Back
Top Bottom