• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Talk About Trump's Undeniable Incompetency and Stupidity? Here is absolute proof!

Yep, why help avoid a few (possible) deaths of anonymous others when more personal profit and political advantage can be gained. ;)

You keep on harping on the personal profit and political advantage, suggesting you do not think a Cancer should be treated. We should not allow for profit or political advantage even if it kills us, right?

OK, but let's not ignore what Woodward did - got news that could (should?) have been reported in a timely manner, yet chose to withhold it for maximum personal profit and political advantage.

How conservative of him.

Aw, you're just repeating somethin someone else said ... Donald J. Trump. :2rofll:

Last edited:
I do not agree with you statement, at least as far as the first part. I see that he did this for the greater good, which is to get rid of a cancer. Sometimes to get rid of a cancer you need to take Chemotherapy and Chemotherapy does a lot of damage but is the only solution to get rid of the cancer. If Woodward had made the first interview public in the time manner you suggest, Trump would not have given the other 17 interviews and little would have been accomplished. A few deaths might (and I say might) have been prevented but the Cancer would have remained, meaning death to the nation.

My first reaction was also to look critically at Woodward. Watch trump lying to the country while the virus kills hundreds of thousands, and sit on the tapes, keeping them for the book release?

But ya, there is a case to be made for how it would have just been one more scandal by trump that was forgotten in a week, instead of having a bigger impact on the election. It's a tradeoff to weigh, when it might have saved lives, but there is a case for Woodward saving them.

it"s a recording of the presidents own voice making the statement..

Hypothetical was right. When CNN airs tapes of trump, it often IS airing lies.

My first reaction was also to look critically at Woodward. Watch trump lying to the country while the virus kills hundreds of thousands, and sit on the tapes, keeping them for the book release?

But ya, there is a case to be made for how it would have just been one more scandal by trump that was forgotten in a week, instead of having a bigger impact on the election. It's a tradeoff to weigh, when it might have saved lives, but there is a case for Woodward saving them.

It's almost like you are parroting the president 40 minutes later...

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 8.51.40 AM.jpg

View attachment 67294739

That tweet you posted is about the most tortured piece of Trumpian spin I have seen in a long time. "good and proper answers" meaning for once you were honest Donald, you dolt.

That tweet you posted is about the most tortured piece of Trumpian spin I have seen in a long time. "good and proper answers" meaning for once you were honest Donald, you dolt.

He is in complete panic mode...

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.13.24 AM.jpg

Excuse me? It's nothing like that, I said basically the opposite. It would be like me saying you parroted trump.

Excuse me? It's nothing like that, I said basically the opposite. It would be like me saying you parroted trump.

Sorry, replied to the wrong post... too much multitasking... :2razz:

Well, we have trump's lie on his killing so many Americans - a claim that his lying prevented 'panic', because people might have panicked and worn masks and socially isolated, and that could be dangerous.

Perhaps, yet they (including Fauci?) were not mentioned by name - only Trump was to be held (politically) accountable (long after the fact).

#1 Trump IS accountable, but refuses to take responsibility and is on record as having said so.

#2 Trump can only be held accountable “long after the fact” because there is a long time from when he learned of “the fact”, being all he needed to know of the pandemic threat to public health and national security, in Jan 2020 to the election in Nov 2020. Or sooner by impeachment.

OK, but let's not ignore what Woodward did - got news that could (should?) have been reported in a timely manner, yet chose to withhold it for maximum personal profit and political advantage.

Good one! It's the author's fault, not Trump's. Woodward knew Trump was lying to the American people and didn't go public. Therefore, it is Woodward's fault that the pandemic has had such a deadly toll. Because if the "washed up political hack" had gone public, everything would have been better. Trumpsters would have stopped listening to Trump's lies, no one would have shown up for Trump rallies, and the death toll would have been much lower. This is all on Woodward. Trump is just an innocent bystander.

Boy, I'm sure we got that cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom