• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban stones man and woman to death for allegedly having affair

YES!! Exactly. But it sure does take a brave few to start the momentum. Love the rifle idea. ;-)

You always have to be careful with vigilantism. Also, you live in Chicago; you aren't allowed to have guns.

Listening to all this how can we justify having so many of our kids over there. Where is the outrage that hundreds of kids are getting killed and thousands maimed.

Before partisans jump up and down, I was against our kids getting killed nation building in Iraq as well.

You can't build a nation, specifically like that, unless you install an authoritarian puppet government.

I prefer the "let it be" policy.

Isn't this the cue for one of our sanctimonious British posters to call you an "Islamophobe".

Constructive criticism of Islam is not being Islamophobic.

You always have to be careful with vigilantism. Also, you live in Chicago; you aren't allowed to have guns.

Now we can, Ikari. A few hoops to jump through, but doable. Vigilantism may be their only solution. In Chicago/In Afghani.

Please do you have more information about this , because from what I know is that the one in Iran was not only stoned fro adultery, but also for murder with her two lovers. She admitted that she conspired with her two lovers to kill her husband from what I have read about the case. However I need more information about this case, but from what I know about the Taliban it wouldn't surprise me if Adultery was the case here.

"You don't support the troops". That's what happened to it. That little propaganda campaign where everyone tried to label any dissent against the war and equaling non-support of the troops. I think it worked ok. Other than that, the near media blackout has made us forget a lot too. If you think back to Vietnam, that war was on TV all the time. People were reminded that we were at war and what the cost of war was. But we don't really see anything out of Iraq but a few headlines here and there. Why hide? I think it's because if we were made aware of everything, constantly saw the images, and had to think about the lives, money, and effort we've put in more people would be against the war. But the press is just controlled by the government mostly, so it doesn't do its job. The People aren't thinking about anything other than the recession and our job market, so we ain't doing our job. And the government...it's doing its job all too well.

It's really a very illogical war at this point.

LONDON — WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange said his organization is preparing to release the rest of the secret Afghan war documents it has on file. The Pentagon warned that would be more damaging to security and risk more lives than the organization's initial release of some 76,000 war documents.

WikiLeaks says it will release more Afghan files - U.S. news - Security - msnbc.com

Is Mr. Assange?

j-mac

YES!! Exactly. But it sure does take a brave few to start the momentum. Love the rifle idea. ;-)

If you think about it, this occurs all over the place. We 'had' a couple of teens in our neighborhood that were breaking into peoples homes. Their mommies and daddies were fairly well to do and in their eyes their kids could do no wrong. When the police called there was always a reason why they couldnt do anything about it. One night they pushed things too far and tied up a young man with mild mental retardation...didnt do anything to him per se...'just' terrorized him. Again...nothing happened. Til about 3 weeks later. No one still knows or is talking about what happened but 2 of the 3 kids in the neghborhood got an extreme ass whooping. Suddenly...problem stopped.

Thats not ALWAYS the answer...but how much is too much? And in the case of the Taliban...when they are killing people for fun and profit and they have infiltrated the police force...well its either accept or die.

"You don't support the troops". That's what happened to it. That little propaganda campaign where everyone tried to label any dissent against the war and equaling non-support of the troops. I think it worked ok. Other than that, the near media blackout has made us forget a lot too. If you think back to Vietnam, that war was on TV all the time. People were reminded that we were at war and what the cost of war was. But we don't really see anything out of Iraq but a few headlines here and there. Why hide? I think it's because if we were made aware of everything, constantly saw the images, and had to think about the lives, money, and effort we've put in more people would be against the war. But the press is just controlled by the government mostly, so it doesn't do its job. The People aren't thinking about anything other than the recession and our job market, so we ain't doing our job. And the government...it's doing its job all too well.

It's really a very illogical war at this point.

I agree with you...we should have told them in 2003...you have 3 years and we are gone. You either take control of your country or let these assholes come back and kill you and rule your lives. have fun...good luck.

I agree with you...we should have told them in 2003...you have 3 years and we are gone. You either take control of your country or let these assholes come back and kill you and rule your lives. have fun...good luck.

If you had to tell anyone that, they never wanted it in the first place.

Comparatively, when the U.S. went to war for independence, we asked France for help.
They didn't walk on in and say, "We hate England, so we want you to liberate yourselves."

That crap doesn't work, they have to want it in the first place.
The best thing we could of done was lob cruise missiles at the government buildings/military and sailed away.

If you had to tell anyone that, they never wanted it in the first place.

Comparatively, when the U.S. went to war for independence, we asked France for help.
They didn't walk on in and say, "We hate England, so we want you to liberate yourselves."

That crap doesn't work, they have to want it in the first place.
The best thing we could of done was lob cruise missiles at the government buildings/military and sailed away.

Lets try that again...damn internet...

We didnt go to war to free the Afghan people from the Taliban...we went to war because the Taliban were providing shelter for AlQaida. There is a world of difference between Americas war for independence and our war in Afghanistan. Once the Taliban were ousted we sort of had an obligation to not just bail out. However staying around this long and doing FOR them isnt working. Thats why i would have said...3 and out...what you get is what you earn.

Im a big fan of the smoking hole method of combat. I would have been fine with levelling every government building and military target in Afghanistan. Unfortunately it wouldnt have accomplished anything and the Taliban would likely have responded by brutalizing their own people.

People quickly forget. The war against Afghanistan ended rapidly. the Taliban was ousted, the people elected and formed a government. The problem was not with the war plan...it was with the peace plan.

Lets try that again...damn internet...

We didnt go to war to free the Afghan people from the Taliban...we went to war because the Taliban were providing shelter for AlQaida. There is a world of difference between Americas war for independence and our war in Afghanistan. Once the Taliban were ousted we sort of had an obligation to not just bail out. However staying around this long and doing FOR them isnt working. Thats why i would have said...3 and out...what you get is what you earn.

Im a big fan of the smoking hole method of combat. I would have been fine with levelling every government building and military target in Afghanistan. Unfortunately it wouldnt have accomplished anything and the Taliban would likely have responded by brutalizing their own people.

People quickly forget. The war against Afghanistan ended rapidly. the Taliban was ousted, the people elected and formed a government. The problem was not with the war plan...it was with the peace plan.

I disagree with any obligation.

It's pretty obvious that most of the citizens of Afghanistan supported the Taliban.
They shouldn't benefit from their support by us building infrastructure for them.

You go to war to obliterate your enemy in the easiest way possible, not play nice nice with their supporters.

I disagree with any obligation.

It's pretty obvious that most of the citizens of Afghanistan supported the Taliban.
They shouldn't benefit from their support by us building infrastructure for them.

You go to war to obliterate your enemy in the easiest way possible, not play nice nice with their supporters.

I disagree...my experience is not that most agree with them...it is that most fear that if they stand against them they get slaughtered in nasty horrible ways...children get raped and butchered in front of them...beheadings...other sorts of nasty things.

You dont HAVE to remember or see things from their perspective, but you arent talking about a people that have lived for 200 years with a foundation for freedom and liberty...you are talking about people that live under warlords and terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom