• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban say they now control 85% of Afghanistan's territory

Very good. I guess you forgot this little detail while you were ranting and vilifying Biden...
You lot (republicans), were cheering Trump when he announced troop withdrawals, but curiously you hate Biden for doing the same. Double standards? Surely not!
The difference is that Mr T negotiated cleverly and privately with the Taliban and had found a pragmatic level of joint acceptance .

The Sleepy puppet has just made the US ridiculous to its allies and others . He crept out under cover of darkness -- beggars belief .

You actually half understood the situation when you rightly acknowledged that the world cheered when T was in charge but now the world is ridiculing a buffoon because he has behaved like one .

The difference is that Mr T negotiated cleverly and privately with the Taliban and had found a pragmatic level of joint acceptance .

The Sleepy puppet has just made the US ridiculous to its allies and others . He crept out under cover of darkness -- beggars belief .

You actually half understood the situation when you rightly acknowledged that the world cheered when T was in charge but now the world is ridiculing a buffoon because he has behaved like one .
Garbage! Trump doesn't have the brains to put a coherent sentence together, and you honestly believe he had "found a pragmatic level of joint acceptance"! The Taliban played Trump like a cheap violin and they got what they wanted-control over Afghanistan.

Did you know that the above is NOT a responsive reply to "You do realize that some people are trying to re-implement reactionary interpretations of (what they think is) 1st century Christian law in some parts of the world, don't you?"?

About as responsive than mentioning Christians in a thread about the Taliban.

The Taliban have no Yazidi girls that I'm aware of, and they actually decreed a ban on beheadings because of their associates with ISIS, whom they hate.

Correct. I was merely letting TC know that his comparison was absurd. Anyway, right you are.

Correct. I was merely letting TC know that his comparison was absurd. Anyway, right you are.

Did you know that "That makes me uncomfortable because there is truth in it that I don't want to hear." and "That is absurd." do NOT mean the same thing?

Did you know that "That makes me uncomfortable because there is truth in it that I don't want to hear." and "That is absurd." do NOT mean the same thing?

If you want to talk about Christians instead of the Taliban, start a thread. You're a mile off topic.

Who's comparing them to anything? This thread is about the Taliban - period.

Sorry, but that post makes as much sense as the question "Is 5 more or less?".

Can you answer that question without knowing "More or less than what?"?

If you want to talk about Christians instead of the Taliban, start a thread. You're a mile off topic.

Thank you for letting me know that you CAN answer the question "Is 5 more or less?" WITHOUT knowing the answer to the question "More or less than what?".

Thank you for letting me know that you CAN answer the question "Is 5 more or less?" WITHOUT knowing the answer to the question "More or less than what?".

At least you know what the hell you're talking about, so I guess that's all that really matters.

Bye.

Back
Top Bottom