• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban greets Pentagon's withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan with cries of victory

I have read your responses. You claim that you don't want terrorists taking over the country so that we can keep our military bases next to Russia. Pretty sure it goes deeper than that. Hence, my question.

Try reading what I actually said

Yep, it does. Like I said, that you refuse to accept what NATO said on the matter is your problem, not mine.

Your link said nothing about that Talibanis statement or our withdrawal from Afghanistan

Find something relevant

You're quite free to prove otherwise.

Upon review, you do not appear to be one of those guys. Other posts like this one:

I think Islam is just like any other religion. People use it as an excuse to commit atrocities. Organized religion to me is about power and control. Nothing more, nothing less.

Appear to indicate you recognize religion as an abstract social object employed according to an individual's will and without a will of its own.

I stand corrected. You do not appear to blame religion, nor to employ the words of terrorists in that narrative.

My general point stands. The word of terrorists is taken, by many, when it comes to blaming Islam.

Try reading what I actually said

If I'm not understanding what you said as you are indicating then perhaps you can state it more clearly?

Your link said nothing about thta Talibanis statment or our withdrawal from Afghanistan

Find something relevant

It doesn't need to. It states quite clearly that victory was already achieved long before the Taliban came out with that statement.

Upon review, you do not appear to be one of those guys. Other posts like this one:

Appear to indicate you recognize religion as an abstract social object employed according to an individual's will and without a will of its own.

I stand corrected. You do not appear to blame religion, nor to employ the words of terrorists in that narrative.

Thank you.

My general point stands. The word of terrorists is taken, by many, when it comes to blaming Islam.

And they are generally not rational people.

And they are generally not rational people.

Otherwise normal people believe Islam is to blame because terrorists say so. A lot of them.

We can still bomb them with drones.

If I'm not understanding what you said as you are indicating then perhaps you can state it more clearly?

Re-read my post#9 and compare it to your mischaracterization in post#25

It doesn't need to. It states quite clearly that victory was already achieved long before the Taliban came out with that statement.
You are lying. The statement says nothing about victory. The word victory is nowhere to be found on the page you linked to. Nor is the word achieved.

To prevent terrorists from taking over the country and to retain military bases near the Russian border

What did this Taliban leader say that is not true?

It's funny watching Liberals turn into warhawks.

At some point the Afghans will have to fight their own battles. I'd like to ask Democrats how many decades they think we should stay in Afghanistan. It is amusing seeing Trump hate turn the Democrat party into the war party.

How many are you?

There is a difference. He wants every American's kids out of harms way. You do not seem to care how many are killed or wounded.

There is a difference. He wants every American's kids out of harms way. You do not seem to care how many are killed or wounded.

I do not believe veritas gives a damn about children, or their parents

The only American he seems to give a damn about is more loyal to russia than the US

The only American he seems to give a damn about is more loyal to russia than the US

:lamo You know as much about me as you do about what's on the far side of the universe.

I am speaking for myself. I have wanted us to leave Afghanistan for years. Tired of our kids being blown up by roadside bombs.

Back
Top Bottom