• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban Bring Back ‘Virtue’ Ministry, Stoning and Amputations for ‘Major Sins’

That Democrats are like the Taliban? If the point was capturing the essence of inanity, I suppose it was clearly delivered. But I will leave it to sanman to clarify.
Perhaps you're not following what's going on. While the Democrats are arming and praising the Taliban they are criticizing and trying to disarm their fellow Americans.

Any American still in Afghanistan is there because they ignored the warnings to get out and gambled that they would be rescued at the last minute.
And, like their allies in Afghanistan and NATO, they gambled on US integrity and lost.

Everybody must get stoned

Right. Who trusts the Americans now? Would you?
Start a poll thread, Carl. I know we have Canadian, British, German, French and many other DP members from various other countries here. 🍿

Perhaps you're not following what's going on. While the Democrats are arming and praising the Taliban they are criticizing and trying to disarm their fellow Americans.

Well, if that is what sanman was trying to get across, that is a rather tasteless, tortured, roundabout way to illustrate a point that Democrat's domestic policies are bad. Especially when you are using the suffering of others as fuel for your own self-pity. Like when Marjorie Taylor Green compares being told to wear a mask to being forced to wear a Yellow Star like a Holocaust victim.

Perhaps I will post an article documenting the Uyghur concentration camps in Western China, not to express my sympathies for the Uyghurs or my disgust towards the Chinese government for oppressing them, but to draw a comparison to how the Democrats try to silence conservative voices and we are just one step removed from being tossed into concentration camps. It is tasteless hyperbole that I condemned when left-wing partisans were doing it. Principle dictates I do the same now that the Republican Party has gone from being the conservative party to the damned pity party.

Correct, again. 🤷‍♂️
Misquoting is no different than a lie and yet another example, ironically, of the lack of integrity among the American left. The USA was once a great and respected nation and what has happened to the country is a real tragedy.

Misquoting is no different than a lie and yet another example, ironically, of the lack of integrity among the American left. The USA was once a great and respected nation and what has happened to the country is a real tragedy.
Nobody is forcing you to move here, are they?

Well, if that is what sanman was trying to get across, that is a rather tasteless, tortured, roundabout way to illustrate a point that Democrat's domestic policies are bad. Especially when you are using the suffering of others as fuel for your own self-pity. Like when Marjorie Taylor Green compares being told to wear a mask to being forced to wear a Yellow Star like a Holocaust victim.

Perhaps I will post an article documenting the Uyghur concentration camps in Western China, not to express my sympathies for the Uyghurs or my disgust towards the Chinese government for oppressing them, but to draw a comparison to how the Democrats try to silence conservative voices and we are just one step removed from being tossed into concentration camps. It is tasteless hyperbole that I condemned when left-wing partisans were doing it. Principle dictates I do the same now that the Republican Party has gone from being the conservative party to the damned pity party.
You can quote anyone and go all over the map but the original point sticks, and you've not seriously tried to refute it.

That's a rather stupid question. Do you really not know the answer?
Ever heard the wise old adage "There are no stupid questions; there are only stupid answers"? ;)

Start a poll thread, Carl. I know we have Canadian, British, German, French and many other DP members from various other countries here. 🍿
Why would I start a poll when the answer is well known?

Ever heard the old adage "There are no stupid questions; there are only stupid answers"? ;)
Whoever said that obviously never heard your question.

You can quote anyone and go all over the map but the original point sticks, and you've not seriously tried to refute it.

Refute what exactly, Carl Young?

That the Democrats are creating a Ministry of Truth? I have not been presented evidence either in this thread or elsewhere of the Democrats creating a literal government-controlled propaganda apparatus like the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell's 1984.

That the Democrats were "praising" the Taliban? I have not seen them praise the Taliban anywhere. Saying that they were "businesslike and professional" instead of acting like a bunch of hooting, drunken barbarians is not praise. The Waffen SS of Nazi Germany was pretty damn "businesslike and professional". They were also evil incarnate. Saying that they were well-organized, disciplined and, indeed, professional is not praise, it is just stating a fact.

That the Democrats are trying to disarm fellow citizens? Democrats have been trying to increase firearms regulations and restrictions for years. It is something I oppose them on. But where firearms freedoms versus proper restrictions lay has been a part of American civic discourse for the well over a century. Someone's wanting greater firearms restrictions or regulations does not put them beyond the pale of political debate.

And nothing I have read makes the Democratic Party remotely comparable to a totalitarian theocratic terrorist organization. You will not be dragged out of your home at night and tortured to death for criticizing the Democratic Party. I can safely put a lawn sign out in my front yard that reads Governor Newsom copulates with barnyard animals. Worst thing that might happen is someone might egg my home or I might get my trees TP'd. And probably not even that. If you said anything remotely similar about Mullah Baradar in Afghanistan? You would be lucky if your death was a quick one.

Last edited:
The Ministry for Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice -- something that Democrats are slowly building towards, with their Ministry of Truth -- is now officially back in force with the Taliban:

I never realized how absurd your beliefs are until reading this. You really out did yourself.

And, like their allies in Afghanistan and NATO, they gambled on US integrity and lost.
August 7...
"The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to leave Afghanistan immediately using available commercial flight options. Given the security conditions and reduced staffing, the Embassy’s ability to assist U.S. citizens in Afghanistan is extremely limited even within Kabul."

"The U.S. Embassy can provide a repatriation loan for U.S. citizens who cannot afford at this time to purchase a commercial ticket to the United States. Please contact the Embassy’s American Citizen Services Unit at KabulACS@state.gov for further information."

Americans who ignored the warnings to get out, and the whole world knew the US was withdrawing, might deserve sympathy for the circumstances they find themselves in now but not for the circumstances that put them there.
As for allies, America doesn't have allies.

Refute what exactly, Carl Young?

That the Democrats are creating a Ministry of Truth? I have not been presented evidence either in this thread or elsewhere of the Democrats creating a literal government-controlled propaganda apparatus like the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell's 1984.

That the Democrats were "praising" the Taliban? I have not seen them praise the Taliban anywhere. Saying that they were "businesslike and professional" instead of acting like a bunch of hooting, drunken barbarians is not praise. The Waffen SS of Nazi Germany was pretty damn "businesslike and professional". They were also evil incarnate. Saying that they were well-organized, disciplined and, indeed, professional is not praise, it is just stating a fact.

That the Democrats are trying to disarm fellow citizens? Democrats have been trying to increase firearms regulations and restrictions for years. It is something I oppose them on. This is not some radical new policy shift. And it does not make them remotely comparable to a totalitarian theocratic terrorist organization.
Biden was relying on 'continued Taliban cooperation'. https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-...plete-afghan-evacuation-by-aug-31-2021-08-24/

Do you still believe this? https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...on-the-drawdown-of-u-s-forces-in-afghanistan/

Last edited:
August 7...
"The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to leave Afghanistan immediately using available commercial flight options. Given the security conditions and reduced staffing, the Embassy’s ability to assist U.S. citizens in Afghanistan is extremely limited even within Kabul."

"The U.S. Embassy can provide a repatriation loan for U.S. citizens who cannot afford at this time to purchase a commercial ticket to the United States. Please contact the Embassy’s American Citizen Services Unit at KabulACS@state.gov for further information."

Americans who ignored the warnings to get out, and the whole world knew the US was withdrawing, might deserve sympathy for the circumstances they find themselves in now but not for the circumstances that put them there.
"Using available commercial flight options", huh? Any idea of the flight schedules and what those commercial options were? How long for the paperwork for these loans?

The whole world did not know the dates until it was too late and were also were told by Biden that the Taliban were not a threat.

I believe very little of what President Biden says when I listen to him, Carl Young. Almost nothing, in fact. I look at and assess his administration's actions. He has thus far gotten most of our citizens and many tens of thousands of refugees out of Afghanistan. But I know there are untold numbers of our citizens and allies still there. The withdrawal was a humiliating abortion, and our people were left at the mercy of perhaps the most brutally regressive theocratic organization this side of the Arabian Peninsula. Some of them still are. I am not going to even attempt to defend the shambolic action.

Last edited:

I am going to presume you are being sardonic, Grand Mal, or that we do not treat our allies as though they are our allies (i.e., we mistreat, abuse, exploit and abandon our allies regularly). I do not presume you are going to tell us that the NATO Treaty is dead letter.

"Using available commercial flight options", huh? Any idea of the flight schedules and what those commercial options were? How long for the paperwork for these loans?

The whole world did not know the dates until it was too late and were also were told by Biden that the Taliban were not a threat.
What are you trying to say, that the US Embassy in Kabul was blowing smoke up the asses of all Americans in Afghanistan?
Go peddle this stuff elsewhere. We're all filled up with crazy here.

I never realized how absurd your beliefs are until reading this. You really out did yourself.
The Cancel Culture, deplatforming, rampant censorship, banning, even getting people fired from their jobs, etc are clear signs of the rise of Thought Policing in America.
These are clearly anti-democratic trends.

Back
Top Bottom